Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleZwieback0
Baby Bread
 User Gallery

Fish Tank Bubbler
    #1573098 - 05/23/03 07:04 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I think im going to buy a fish tank bubbler tomorrow for my cakes. Can anyone point me to some links of terrariums that use fish tank bubblers and their results? and what tips do you have for me? whats people's experiences with them?

PS I heard bubblers are loud, true? Is there any way I could supress the noise?

Edited by Zwieback0 (05/23/03 07:05 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Fish Tank Bubbler [Re: Zwieback0]
    #1573114 - 05/23/03 07:12 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Check this out.

Grow Log
Tek : PF
Strain : South American [SA]
Spores : Came from homemade prints. 36 total jars to be injected.
Substrate :Brown Rice Flour [BRF] and Vermiculite [Verm]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
10:15 PM 3/4/03 : Project is started. Jar prep is just putting small holes in the lids for the spore syringe and then taping them closed until inoculation. Tape used is the standard black electrical tape. First batch of jars is mixed. The mix used is 2 parts verm, 1 part water, and 1 part brf. [ This mix is the max fruiting formula by PF.] Mix is put into 1/2 pint canning jars lightly, not packed in, and left it airy. Put substrate in until it reaches the threads of the jar, then add dry verm the rest of the way.
Jars are PCd at 10psi or 240f for a period of 45 minutes. Then jars were left to sit overnight to cool.

8:39 PM 3/5/2003 : First batch of jars injected. (24 jars)

10:04 AM 3/6/2003 : Incubator is running to low 77F. Going to turn it up today.

5:45 PM 3/6/2003 : Second batch of jars is in the PC will be injected tomorrow. Turned up incubator runs at 83F. 86F is the best and if the incubator is 83F and myc growing in the jars is suppose to create a little heat I figure this should work out well.

1:11 PM 3/7/2003 : Second batch of jars is done. (12 jars)

12:10 PM 3/9/2003 : Jars are doing good, no signs of contams

2:54 AM 3/19/2003 : Tape removed from the holes today and coffee filters put over the top of the jars for added protection. Holes were opened so the CO2 in the jars could escape. I gave 12 jars to a friend who kept fucking up. 24 jar?s about 75%done.

12:13 PM 3/22/2003 : Well it's Saturday and the jars will probably be done by the 25th. So it was 36 jars. 12 were given to a friend, 24 done by Tuesday.

10:26 PM 3/23/2003 : 15 jars were done enough to put into dunk. I dunk and cold shock before birthing and after every flush. The other 9 jars have a spot the size of a pea that has to be covered so I'll do those on the 25th.

7:17 PM 3/24/2003 : 15 jars put into the pod. Put in and put a layer of moist verm on top. With geolite I just put the cakes on it. With some other chambers I put the cake on a lid filled with verm. This is done to give the shrooms on the bottom and the top of the cake some added moisture.
The other 9 jars just finished so I'm going to give them a couple more days to make sure the middle of the cake is done.

4:57 PM 3/27/2003 : 5 More cakes birthed today, 4 left going to do them tomorrow or 3/29/2003

3:58 PM 3/29/2003 : Well I lost another cake. My wife's little 1 cake pod made from a 2 liter and a small fish pump and a little geolite used up her last cake so I gave her a SA to grow. The last 3 are in the cold shock dunk.
So the total is 36 jars done all colonized with no contams. 12 given to a friend, 1 to the wife, 23 mine

12:08 PM 3/30/2003 : Last of jars put in

12:02 PM 3/31/2003 : The first 15 cakes are pinning nicely and some have shrooms coming from the bottom.

11:01 AM 4/3/2003 : Things look to be going well.

1:02 AM 4/4/2003 : Took the first flush from four of the cakes. More will be done later today.

5/8/2003 : Total 23 cakes 164 grams dried.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisibleZwieback0
Baby Bread
 User Gallery

Re: Fish Tank Bubbler [Re: Magash]
    #1573130 - 05/23/03 07:22 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Any more? Please

InvisibleZwieback0
Baby Bread
 User Gallery

#1573287 - 05/23/03 08:53 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I just got a air pump, tubing, and airstone. Its a 1500 Profile Aquarium Air Pump, 4 inch air stone. Is this good? Should I cut a small hole on the bottom of each side on the Rubbermaid and stuff it with polyfill for air exchange?

Offlinechineseguy
Stranger

Loc: Chongqing, China
    #1573423 - 05/23/03 09:41 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

you should have two airstones running parallel to eachother across the bottom of the chamber. they sell em at petstores. this should provide a "curtain" of fresh air coming up from the entire floor-space of the chamber. if you don't have a pump w/ two outputs, buy a "T" and fork the line into two (one for each airstone).

you should have a pump that is powerful enough to give 2-3 complete air exchanges per hour. so, go back to elementery school math, take the dimensions of the chamber and multiply the base x height x width into cubic inches. there are 61 cubic inches in a liter so check how many "LPM" or liters per minute your pump dispenses and work out the math. (a strong pump will dispense 4 LPM) good luck.

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
    #1573866 - 05/24/03 12:40 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

No don't cut the bottom of the rubbermade. Put the holes in the top.

Here is why
The fundamental principal behind using air entrainment is to sufficiently mix the two (fresh air and stale air) together and then re-distribute them back into the environment in a more balanced way that is then more beneficial to the mushroom crop. Without this sufficient mixing of the gasses present within the grow space, the crops will remain stunted and will likely never reach their optimum potential.

With the poor mans pod, the settling co2 air is met and diffused by a curtain of fresh air rising from beneath the Geo-lite surface. This rising flow of air is created from the air diffuser rod situated below the Geo-lite surface, which is powered by the air pump. The rising air pattern not only prohibits the heavier co2 air from settling down onto the bottom surface as usual but it also simultaneously diffuses the co2 with fresh air as it is distributed back into the environment or grow space where it can be put to good use.

In this way, the poor mans pod creates the same desired phenomenon as offered by more conventional means of air entrainment found in much larger-scale commercial applications where a mixing box is commonly used to accomplish this important task.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineFunkyBudah
myco-wizard

Loc: Shakedown Street
Re: Fish Tank Bubbler [Re: Magash]
    #1574078 - 05/24/03 03:44 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Air pumps work great. Afoaf has one that is adjustable and on low, it provides constant air exchange with little loss of humitity. Afoaf also has two CO2 leakage holes 1'' above the perlite. They work great if you don't have 24/7 to devote to our hobby (although you'd like to).

-FB

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract