Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
Loc: Hell
Thinking larger and smaller
    #1572635 - 05/23/03 06:08 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Thinking small and large

Do you find that when you begin to think larger, that it makes thinking small more difficult? (im in a hurry so the spelling will suck)

For example, when i was going to school, i had a paper due about drug legalization. Before the paper was due i was in a group disscussion with 4 others. I felt like i wasn't making a strong point, like i used to. Before ( about a year ago ) if someone asked me what do you think about drug legalization, i could have rattled off at the mouth for hours, and i would provide facts about why it needs to be legalized. I would bring just anticdotes like our former founders of this country used marijuana. I would talk about how redicules the war on drugs is.
Anyways...

When i was trying to make my point about the war on drugs i couldn't, apart of me just couldn't find the jaw dropping facts i knew in the past, its like its now irrelvent.

( Side johnnyfive note: Why do i think is it now irrelvant?

The subject of the war on drugs still kinda bugs me due to the ridiculesness of it; ya know at one point in my life, i wanted to just go digging holes in the ground and start burring jars of marijuana seeds everywhere. I felt like it was a cursade on the plant, i saw how much use it had and i thought money is a stupid reason to eraticate a plant off the earth. Only i would know the spots were i burred the seeds, and in case its eraticated the species will still survive, as long as its my secert.

The reason why i think its irrelvant now is that, i began to learn more about conscieousness, and i asked myself why do i care. I found out that i was protecting consceiousness, the plant is a representation of conscieousness, just like psychdelics though. I wasn't worried about the eratication of psychedelics due to that fact that there are so many kinds, found all over the the world, and in every region on the planet. Basically in the end said to myself i only care because i am conscieous.

However, when i learned that we are gods, i said well we will just rebuild/make the plant agian if it is eraticated. I have more i can go into here, but this isn't the topic of the post)

--------------------
And the gameshow host rings the buzzer (brrnnntt) oh and now you get a face full of face!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: Thinking larger and smaller [Re: johnnyfive]
    #1573418 - 05/23/03 11:37 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I think I see what you mean - thoughts are like fractals in that many thoughts (especially now that we're surrounded with so much complicated bullshit) can be broken down into many more thoughts, which in turn can be broken down even further and so on..

Its hard to find which pieces of which thoughts are necessary for many projects and when one is dealing with such a large chunk of the fractal it can be difficult to express that part because its made of so many smaller ones - is this somewhat parallel to what you're talking about? thoughts are weird :wink:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Edited by Strumpling (05/23/03 11:45 PM)

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
Re: Thinking larger and smaller [Re: Strumpling]
    #1573487 - 05/24/03 12:10 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I find when i expand my awareness of a new reality, or concious existance, it is not hard, but imposible to go back. Awareness is power, over all knowledge.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: Thinking larger and smaller [Re: 2Experimental]
    #1573898 - 05/24/03 02:56 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

but the expression of this awareness is difficult

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology