Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
Ok it wasnt about WMD
    #1571377 - 05/23/03 02:28 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

It was about liberating the Iraqi people...

So when can we expect George to send in the troops here?

Congo

Where else around the world are there people whose plight is more urgent than the Iraqi's but is ignored by our so called "humanitarian" leaders?

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Edited by GazzBut (05/23/03 02:29 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRadioActiveSlug
addict

Re: Ok it wasnt about WMD [Re: GazzBut]
    #1571557 - 05/23/03 05:03 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

if they can find a way to make money off it, they'll do it.

--------------------
"Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one getting burned." -Buddha
www.impeach-bush-now.org

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
Re: Ok it wasnt about WMD [Re: RadioActiveSlug]
    #1571576 - 05/23/03 05:41 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Apparently the money raised by selling Iraqi oil on the open market , now the sanctions have been lifted, will be around $13.5 billion in the first year. Funnily enough the estimated cost of reconstruction is just under that at around $13 billion.

So far, all the companies who have been granted a piece of the action are from the US. Who would have thought it??! :mad: 

--------------------
Always Smi2le

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
    #1571589 - 05/23/03 06:12 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

it was always about WMD. If they're not found then the war is not legit.

with that said i would of been in support if the #1 reason was liberation, but that's not what we were told.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
Re: Ok it wasnt about WMD [Re: Innvertigo]
    #1571660 - 05/23/03 07:33 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

It wasn't just about the "WMD" they had a few other things they came up with like he kills his people and such. But what they don't tell you is that the USA gave saddam all the chemical weapons and were in full support of him when he was at the peak of all of his killings and that. They wont make that clear to you because it would make the USA look bad. Whatever is best for them at the time they will do it. Just like when they made Al-qaida, it was in their best intrest. You wont really find anything the USA does if they don't benefit from it in one way or another.

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1571820 - 05/23/03 10:08 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

So far, all the companies who have been granted a piece of the action are from the US. Who would have thought it??!

Don't worry Gazz - they're keeping all the profits "in trust for the iraqi people"  :grin:

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #1571822 - 05/23/03 10:11 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

We care about oppressed peoples.

I'm sure we'll liberate them soon........

Right?

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: Ok it wasnt about WMD [Re: Learyfan]
    #1571882 - 05/23/03 10:59 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

So. Let me get this straight...You people are saying that the Iraqi people are WORSE off now?

I fail to see how that is....

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
Re: Ok it wasnt about WMD [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #1572003 - 05/23/03 11:53 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Wait 10 years and it will be crystal clear.  Thier independace is not thier own and they will be forever indebted to america for thier "liberation" which doesn't come cheap.  America will at least regain thier expendature from iraq over the next few years and judging by the companies helping "re-build", they're establishing themselves quite well. :tongue:

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

Anonymous

Re: Ok it wasnt about WMD [Re: Learyfan]
    #1572087 - 05/23/03 12:25 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

"We care about oppressed peoples"

Bullshit.

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #1572168 - 05/23/03 01:06 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

So. Let me get this straight...You people are saying that the Iraqi people are WORSE off now?

I fail to see how that is....

The Iraqi people are probably better off now. The point is is that we did not invade Iraq because we care about people. We will not invade any country and save the people unless there is something in it for us.

We went to war under false pretenses.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

Offlinehongomon
old hand
Loc: comin' at ya
    #1572249 - 05/23/03 01:40 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Don't worry--the Bush administration has sent a team of geologists to assess the situation in the Congo.  They're there even as we speak.

Let's pray they find some big deposits!

:smirk: 

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Ok it wasnt about WMD [Re: hongomon]
    #1572263 - 05/23/03 01:43 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Just as long as they hold the profts in trust for the people of the congo...

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Offlineatomikfunksoldier
T'was born oftrue in the yearof the cock!

Loc: a human-infested anthill
Re: Ok it wasnt about WMD [Re: Xlea321]
    #1572274 - 05/23/03 01:45 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

yeah, how come america never helped the tibetans when they were being slaughtered?

or did they? actually, the CIA did perform covert ops in conjunction with the indian government to help the tibetan people.

--------------------
enjoy the entertaining indentity i have constructed for you while you can.

InvisibleEdame
gone

Loc: outta here
    #1572284 - 05/23/03 01:48 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Right now they're in a pretty bad way:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,2763,959121,00.html

Quote:

The war has made things much worse. Few people have work and the economy has ground to a halt. Those who have savings are now living off them. Those less lucky are living off handouts, and surviving by any means possible. As I write, there is a firefight taking place outside our compound. The chances are it is a battle between police and looters, who risk their lives and those of others to steal items to sell.

So perhaps it is less of a surprise that children will go to such lengths to earn a few extra pennies. They are hungry, and they will remain so until aid agencies and the UN provide the necessary food, water and medicines.

--------------------
The above is an extract from my fictional novel, "The random postings of Edame".
:tongue:

In the beginning was the word. And man could not handle the word, and the hearing of the word, and he asked God to take away his ears so that he might live in peace without having to hear words which might upset his equinamity or corrupt the unblemished purity of his conscience.

And God, hearing this desperate plea from His creation, wrinkled His mighty brow for a moment and then leaned down toward man, beckoning that he should come close so as to hear all that was about to be revealed to him.

"Fuck you," He whispered, and frowned upon the pathetic supplicant before retreating to His heavens.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1574441 - 05/24/03 11:40 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

liberating? you mean it was about changing their style of slavery to a more "efficient" corporate slave-state.

mcdonald's in iraq; just you watch.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineMycena
mycoexplorer
Loc: indonesia
Re: Ok it wasnt about WMD [Re: Strumpling]
    #1575888 - 05/25/03 04:07 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

After watching an interview on Australian current affairs program with an Ex CIA guy turned journo
The REAL reason seems to be OIl... ye s we knew that.. but not any oil
Saudi oil

The bush admin and all its nasty backers want Iraqi oil so they dont have to rely on Saudi support

As you know Osama is saudi and so were most of the WTC joyflight hijackers.
And the Saudis are run by a completely corrupt royal dynasty that waste the money while the public have no democaratic rights at all - who work in collusion with the US directly even so far as allowing foreign troops (US) to occupy land that is considered by all muslims to be holy ground, the whole Arabian penninsula. This means that the people of Saudi hate the royals almost as much as they hate the USA.. an its allies i might add like my own country now that the dickhead howard has become bush's lapdog

Anyway bush can now move US troops to iraq and get off Arabian soil - that diffuses one tension point, the other being the Israeli invasion of Palestine - which appears to be part 2 of the 'hearts and minds' global campaign

If bush can settle these long running mistakes then it diffuses popular support for terrorism amongst not only the Islamic world but also any liberal minded poulation who sees just how fucked up US policies have been till now

Its not about liberation - the other posts are right, the iraqis will never be free until all its oil is gone

Its about establishing Corporate americas ability to rule a world population of pissed off people , but not so pissed off theyll actually organise to or support revolutionary resistance. Its a slow death for Humanity as the US hegeony eliminates al regional differences within and outside of teh USA

Offlinehongomon
old hand
Re: Ok it wasnt about WMD [Re: Mycena]
    #1576339 - 05/25/03 12:59 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Well that does sound like the kind of plan the guys in this group would drum up--

Project for the New American Century

This scares me: " Such a Reaganite policy of military strength and moral clarity may not be fashionable today."

Their morals definitely don't seem like my morals, so I'm bothered when I hear them use the word.

And this: " We need to strengthen our ties to democratic allies and to challenge regimes hostile to our interests and values "

wtf does that mean? What are the interests and values of Dick Cheney, Don Rumsfeld, Jeb Bush, Tom Wolfowitz, and the rest of these men? And what does it mean for a "regime" to be "hostile" to them? What does it mean to "challenge" those regimes?

(Although I did see an article recently that had William Bennet and another billionaire--Soros?--criticizing Bush's tax plan for favoring the rich. Benet said formerly he was paying about 30 percent, the same as his secretary. With the new plan he would pay about 3 percent.)

Still, our current presidency, and this "project" that obviously mirrors, if not determines, its policies, are like a specter and I'm real close to taking my nunchucks to the capital.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: Ok it wasnt about WMD [Re: hongomon]
    #1576569 - 05/25/03 03:52 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

"And this: " We need to strengthen our ties to democratic allies and to challenge regimes hostile to our interests and values "

wtf does that mean?"

That means "you're either with us or against us.. you will be assimilated or destroyed."

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Offlinehongomon
old hand
Re: Ok it wasnt about WMD [Re: Strumpling]
    #1577362 - 05/25/03 10:56 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

In a nutshell.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom