Home | Community | Message Board

HighDesertSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineCannabischarlie
Resident badass
 User Gallery

Can I use the retail copy of non Valve games to fast load games bought on Steam®?
    #15711704 - 01/24/12 03:35 PM (10 years, 4 days ago)

I bought The Witcher:Enhanced Edition for cheap on Steam because its a pricey but worth it game to play.

I was hoping at some point if I found someone selling a really cheap copy of the retail with no key I could use that to load this massive game (with a cool box and I think the stuff that might not have come with this Steam version, not sure)

Does it work like that like it does with Steamworks games or games you activated on Steam?

All those Russian sites that open boxes and sell the keys to people in places where games are super expensive do something with those boxed copies because they can be rekeyed and those guys wont waste a commodity because there is money in it. I don't see them wind up much on ebay though.

--------------------
This section of the signature line has been intentionally left blank.

we could all use a little more sunshine.

:shrug: yeah, she's funny and somewhat interesting.  not a beauty queen, but not bad lookin.  i'd feel quite honored to fuck janine garofalo.
-tiny_rabid_birds

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineVisionary Tools
Male User Gallery

Re: Can I use the retail copy of non Valve games to fast load games bought on Steam®? [Re: Cannabischarlie]
    #15712242 - 01/24/12 05:51 PM (10 years, 4 days ago)

Alas, no. And steam doesn't send compressed files either. I tried it with a non steam version of unreal tournament 3, steam just won't play nice.

You're forced to download all of it.

--------------------
Wiccan_Seeker said:
slide down a pole than with your legs spread and using your pussy as a brake. Ask the fire department :imslow:

OfflineCannabischarlie
Resident badass
 User Gallery

Re: Can I use the retail copy of non Valve games to fast load games bought on Steam®? [Re: Visionary Tools]
    #15715069 - 01/25/12 09:06 AM (10 years, 4 days ago)

that is total dogshit!

i don't know why they do that.

maybe theres a hack

--------------------
This section of the signature line has been intentionally left blank.

we could all use a little more sunshine.

:shrug: yeah, she's funny and somewhat interesting.  not a beauty queen, but not bad lookin.  i'd feel quite honored to fuck janine garofalo.
-tiny_rabid_birds

InvisibleBoutang
AKMC
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Can I use the retail copy of non Valve games to fast load games bought on Steam®? [Re: Cannabischarlie]
    #15718275 - 01/25/12 10:44 PM (10 years, 3 days ago)

I installed Half Life 2 on my comp and it showed up on Steam.

I don't know, maybe it was a fluke or I was blacked out and downloaded it? :shrug:

--------------------

North to the future is our motto I'm still up north no future to follow
We do these things and we don't give a fuck, we fire up a blunt in the car bumping Cougnut.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Ythan, Anno, Thor, Link, Seuss, Shroomism, CookieCrumbs
377 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 0 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Print Topic | ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2022 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.034 seconds spending 0.012 seconds on 19 queries.