Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Invisiblecateyes
 User Gallery

Re: starting a low/no carb diet [Re: daz01]
    #15705961 - 01/23/12 06:49 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

daz01 said:
You are funny, at best. We have provided you with reasons, use your initiative and look yourself. Stay in denial, little boy.
I'm not getting into the discussion about protein and shit, BUT, the general  recommendations are the same for all sports, recommendations made by experts i.e. 1 Gram of protein per pound of body weight. Me = 210lb = 210 grams of protein, which is rather easy. Oh shit, everyone is wrong, you've got a major in nutrition, you're right.
Everything is toxic in excess quantity, even water. It's ridiculous to say protein will be negative in quantities we are talking. Do you realise how easy 70 grams of protein could be reached by a normal, inactive person? You are honestly saying average Joe and the motivated weight lifter have the same protein needs? I am struggling to take what you say seriously.

I repeat myself. You were hand fed lies and refuse to believe anything else you are told. Denial and ignorance at its best.
Enjoy your early life with your recommended daily intake of 300 grams of carbs? ROFL.

i have a question for you daz... how could i go from 274 pounds at 6'2" with a random blood glucose test of 155 or better and an 8-10 hour fasting level not much better to 205 pounds, a random test at 101 and an 8-10 hour fasting level of 87 while eating at least 55-60% of my diet in plant carbs? the only thing i've changed since my last blood work is i shifted to a lower amount of protein and obviously began to consume more fats. should i expect my blood glucose to be any different with the swing between protein and fats? that's a rhetorical question... you don't have to answer that one... just explain why my blood chemistry did the EXACT OPPOSITE of what you project should have happened... keep in mind now that i eat no grains really... you stand a much greater chance of developing disease then i do... any diet that reverses a metabolic disorder has to be an extremely low inflammatory diet and if you don't believe this then you have no clue what causes the problem with insulin signalling

Kensho :psychsplit:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefoliocb
always running
Male

Re: starting a low/no carb diet [Re: cateyes]
    #15706911 - 01/23/12 01:10 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

and the only reason why the thought of you stressed me out is i was tripping on an eighth.

really? the ONLY reason is because of the mushrooms? :hmm:

Quote:

you clearly have no fucking clue about anything regarding hallucinogens and how they can rip you apart.

i've had my fair share of crazy trips to atleast have an idea. nice try though:thumbup:

Quote:

was it not you who said he'd be able to find out anything about me over the net?

i said it was possible, but didn't say probable. Please apply the socratic method to your sense of reason. How do you know that such a thing didn't occur? You don't. So at least accept the possibility that it could happen?:shrug: that's how my reasoning tends to work. Sorry it doesn't float your bubbles.

Quote:

damn dude, shit! THIS MAY SAVE MY MOM ONE DAY!!!

maybe:shrug: we all die in the end, get over it bro :heart:

Quote:

i think the problem is U! not your friends, you may be projecting your shit on them for all we know.

everyone projects their 'shit' onto other people, including their friends. Luckily for me, I don't have many at the moment :lol: been working 6 days a week and just playing guitar/running in my off time.

Quote:

how in gods name do they deal with U

I ask myself that all the time. It's usually too much for them to handle because they get caught up in trivial shit such as relationships etc... but since i've never had one or don't cling to their own bullshit, I keeps it real and usually just tell them how things work from a very neutral point of view, and how they should let go of their self created baggage and move on. Most people can't handle such advice.

Quote:

your psychology is interesting to say the least

it's mostly just nihilistic and reductionist thinking. Sucks at times because it depletes meaning in life and is probably what lead to my episode of 'derealization' or what ever you want to coin it. I don't know what lead to this perception, maybe my diet sucks:shrug:

Quote:

you're the type of person some dumb jock pours a beer on just for the kicks

i like beer :beer:

Quote:

if it does turn out to be Hawaii i think it would be cool if you and me hook up

cool, and since im a concierge I can even book all your families activities for the cheapest possible rates :wink:

Quote:

it would be interesting to actually meet the person i've dealing with...

Probably wont be as interesting as you think.

Quote:

i'll even eat sushi for the occasion.

Thanks, but ill pass on the refined carbs:thumbdown:

Quote:

i voted no to Hawaii because i'm just not into that whole don ho shit...

that's not really how it works around here...

Quote:

is that you in your avatar? or is it some significant counter culture figure?

--------------------
^v^

Edited by foliocb (01/23/12 01:51 PM)

OfflineDaisyChainReaction
Stranger

Re: starting a low/no carb diet [Re: foliocb] * 1
    #15707207 - 01/23/12 02:17 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I'll jump into this muddy water fight. Atkins and other low carb diets are high fat diets. Both carbs and fats are composed of carbon (C), hydrogen(H), and oxygen(O). Protein on the other hand is composed of the same (C,H,O) but with addition of nitrogen (N) and other molecular groups.

A high protein diet is bad because of this nitrogen group and the buildup in the body when protein is used as the bodies primary fuel source. This excess nitrogen is hard on your kidneys.

To the OP: if you do go low carb avoid simple sugars (sucrose) and staches (potatoes, pasta rice), drink plenty of water, green, and herbal teas. As far as your cravings go you are eating a high fat dieand fat is very satiating. When you do get cravings answer them with what you like as a treat; tsp of PB, square of 90% dark chocolate etc.. There is a huge amount of info on the web for low carb diets as far as snacks, recipes and even desserts.

If you do try low carb do not be afraid of fat. It will become your energy source and make your meals flavorful and keep you feeling full. Also buy a book (or check one out at the library). You should familiarize yourself with the science fo what you are trying to accomplish.

Good luck!

Invisiblecateyes
 User Gallery

Re: starting a low/no carb diet [Re: foliocb]
    #15707316 - 01/23/12 02:41 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

~~~

:sunny:

K~~~

Invisiblethodub

#15707373 - 01/23/12 02:51 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

The research on kidney damage from a high protein diet is back and forth there is no concrete evidence that it does cause damage. This is especially true with people who have healthy kidneys as opposed to those that do not. Its prob not a good idea to eat too much of one type of energy in any case but again I disagree that a high protein diet causes kidney damage.

OfflineHappy2fly
The Champ!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The land of many thousand... Flag
Re: starting a low/no carb diet [Re: thodub]
    #15707723 - 01/23/12 04:28 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Wow!  Look's like every Primal Shroomerite is in this thread.  I've been following the Primal diet for just over a year, with exceptional results.  I too believe that grains are poison to our bodies.  They are the #1 cause of inflammation, and are loaded with all kinds of anti-nutrients.  Carbs are not evil and can be beneficial when consumed in the form of fruits and vegetables.  People trying to lose weight should limit fruit intake though, as fruit contains a lot of sugar.  It would take all day to go over the reasons Uzziel has been lied to during his studies, but if anyone is interested they can pick up "Good Calories, Bad Calories" by Gary Taubes.  It's not really a fun read, but it is LOADED with all kinds of good information.  The bibliography takes up probably 20% of the book and contains enough studies to keep you reading for years!

Also check out http://www.marksdailyapple.com/#axzz1kKHnnUS9 for more information on the Primal diet.  The primal diet does not put a limit on vegetable intake, and it doesn't say that we need to eat 200g of protein each day.  The diet focuses on eliminating grains and sugars, and eating whole foods consisting of lots of healthy fats (Yes, Sat fats are healthy!).  A year ago at this time I was 6' 4" and creeping up on 240lbs.  Today I weigh 200lbs, and feel the best that I have since high school when I weighed the same (I'm 32 BTW).  My normal diet consists of 4 eggs fried in a pool of bacon grease or butter along with some meat for lunch, then a plate loaded with meats and veggies for dinner.  I am rarely hungry between meals, but when I am I will just eat a handful of nuts or some dark chocolate...

--------------------
The fire has many things to teach.
But so does the human experience.. which is like fire, sometimes you just need to stoke the coals and sometimes you just need to add a log or reposition the log matrix. But a well built fire will be much more self-sustaining than a poorly built one, and they all need love to grow. And don't fuck around or your might burn yourself. Must always respect the fire. - Shroomism

Invisibleowls
just let go!

Loc: dancing Flag
Re: starting a low/no carb diet [Re: DaisyChainReaction]
    #15707829 - 01/23/12 04:55 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

DaisyChainReaction said:
I'll jump into this muddy water fight. Atkins and other low carb diets are high fat diets. Both carbs and fats are composed of carbon (C), hydrogen(H), and oxygen(O). Protein on the other hand is composed of the same (C,H,O) but with addition of nitrogen (N) and other molecular groups.

A high protein diet is bad because of this nitrogen group and the buildup in the body when protein is used as the bodies primary fuel source. This excess nitrogen is hard on your kidneys.

To the OP: if you do go low carb avoid simple sugars (sucrose) and staches (potatoes, pasta rice), drink plenty of water, green, and herbal teas. As far as your cravings go you are eating a high fat dieand fat is very satiating. When you do get cravings answer them with what you like as a treat; tsp of PB, square of 90% dark chocolate etc.. There is a huge amount of info on the web for low carb diets as far as snacks, recipes and even desserts.

If you do try low carb do not be afraid of fat. It will become your energy source and make your meals flavorful and keep you feeling full. Also buy a book (or check one out at the library). You should familiarize yourself with the science fo what you are trying to accomplish.

Good luck!

great advice bro! i agree that if OP does decide to go low carb she should definitely pick up a green tea habit so she at least has something to give her a sense of energy and wellbeing!

--------------------
i love you

you are beautiful! :rockon:

COME TOGETHER, JOIN THE PARTY!!

"what beith a man if he doth not enjoy cannabis?" :mushroom2:

Invisibleowls
just let go!

Re: starting a low/no carb diet [Re: owls]
    #15707898 - 01/23/12 05:07 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Cateyes are you fat at all? i mean i'm not gonna assume anything but i'm curious how someone on a higher fat/protein diet tends to fare long term

the times in my life when i have had the littleist amount of body fat (6'3, 150lb,) i felt the best. fucking amazing actually to carrying around an excess of unnecessary lipose

--------------------
i love you

Invisiblecateyes
 User Gallery

#15708255 - 01/23/12 06:23 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

i'm not sure where you're getting i'm fat from dude... i'm 6'2" and weigh 205 pounds... i eat about 1800 calories per day, i'm guessing because i stopped counting quite awhile ago.

i eat approximately:

50 g fats 450 cal 25-30%

70 g protein 280 cal 15%

270 g carbs 1080 cal 55-60%

it may be more, it might be less... my blood sugar is perfect, i follow THIS DIET. it's an extremely low on inflammation and completely controls my blood sugar. to me the most important thing is that the diet prevents inflammation. any diet that can reverse type2 diabetes has to be an anti inflammatory diet because inflammation is what caused the insulin signalling problem to begin with.... inflammation causes all illnesses... all of my fats are plant based. i agree 100% that grains are inflammation period but some of their oils, like flax are extremely anti inflammatory...

(edit) i used to eat in upwards of 2200 cals per day, but i began to cut down and experienced no loss of weight... when i told you i admired that yoga dude is becuse thats pretty much my frame, give or take...

Kensho :psychsplit:

Edited by cateyes (01/23/12 06:30 PM)

Invisiblethodub

#15708770 - 01/23/12 08:04 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I do about 70% protien, 20% carbs, 10% fat...best I have ever looked in my whole life just saying thats for me and I focus on protein because I lift a lot but I really think that protein will give you that very lean look if that is what you are after....with carbs you have to be very careful on the amount and when consumed.

OfflineApopGirl
hopefully i am shpongled
Female User Gallery

Loc: Right behind you Flag
    #15709152 - 01/23/12 09:29 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Damn guys, didn't mean to cause an argument between everyone... I do know that since I started 4 days ago, I have been really reading product labels and also reading about different ingredients online. I understand its a high fat kind of diet... Which in the beginning I thought the Atkins diet was total crap but I figured I would give it a shot.  I see that I am eating less and not even having large snacks during the day so at least my appetite has calmed down (probably due to protein).  I am going to stick with it for at least a month as well...

I will continue reading labels and researching online. Guess I will post back on here every once In a while... So far all I have noticed was that I have had a headache for the last 3 days.... Slight headache anyways. Heh.

OfflineDaisyChainReaction
Stranger

Re: starting a low/no carb diet [Re: ApopGirl] * 1
    #15709655 - 01/23/12 11:30 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

ApopGirl said:
Damn guys, didn't mean to cause an argument between everyone... I do know that since I started 4 days ago, I have been really reading product labels and also reading about different ingredients online. I understand its a high fat kind of diet... Which in the beginning I thought the Atkins diet was total crap but I figured I would give it a shot.  I see that I am eating less and not even having large snacks during the day so at least my appetite has calmed down (probably due to protein).  I am going to stick with it for at least a month as well...

I will continue reading labels and researching online. Guess I will post back on here every once In a while... So far all I have noticed was that I have had a headache for the last 3 days.... Slight headache anyways. Heh.

Some people believe that low carb diets are masquerading as low calorie diets because they do cause people to eat less. The protein helps you feel full but is actually the fat that keeps you feeling full for a long time.

Drink a lot of water to keep yourself hydrated.

The headache you are complaining about is (probably) fondly called the Atkins flu. Some people report being irritable, "foggy' thinking, headaches etc.. This is normal to the extent that low carb diets cause this as you body switches over to fat burning as your energy source from carb burning as your energy source.

You have been a carb buring machine up until now and the fat burning enzymes need to get rolled into production by your body so you can use fat as your energy source.

This is the time when most people bail on it because they dont feel well. Try to make it through this rough patch and major props to you for going after this goal.

OfflineUzziel
O_o

#15711598 - 01/24/12 01:10 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Well I see that foliocb still hasn't provided any evidence to back up his claims, guess he couldn't find any legitimate sources. ( I think this is the 4th time now that he can't support his argument)

Quote:

thodub said:
I do about 70% protien, 20% carbs, 10% fat...best I have ever looked in my whole life just saying thats for me and I focus on protein because I lift a lot but I really think that protein will give you that very lean look if that is what you are after....with carbs you have to be very careful on the amount and when consumed.

Being lean does not mean you are healthy, So, you're eating over 400 grams of protein daily? Wow. Haha. Lifting requires mostly carbs and fat. When you recover, most of the energy is needed from fat and carbs. Protein just builds the chains, it isn't needed in high amounts, at all. All that protein you are eating is just turning into fat or (in a bad return - glucose)

You're eating hard to digest/acidic foods for pretty much no reason.

BTW, you should really look further into eating too much protein. If you can't really find out what I'm talking about, I'll help ya out.

Invisibleowls
just let go!

#15712347 - 01/24/12 04:12 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

cateyes said:
i'm not sure where you're getting i'm fat from dude...

don't recall anybody calling you fat

yeh bikram is quite the character. and i love a bikram class

--------------------
i love you

Offlinefoliocb
always running
Male

#15713363 - 01/24/12 07:56 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Being lean does not mean you are healthy

healthy is subjective. Especially when considering that we're all going to die one day soon:lol:

So my subjective claims are irrelevant but yours aren't because you went to a special school to lean a bunch of esoteric jargon to sound smart? :hmm:

--------------------
^v^

OfflineOthyem
Male

Re: starting a low/no carb diet [Re: Uzziel]
    #15714559 - 01/25/12 12:59 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Agreed, you do not need that much protein to build muscle. I do 1.5 grams of protein per pound of body weight. No issues adding good lean mass as long as I'm getting enough excess calories. I'm sure I could get by with less if I wanted.

You don't have to cut carbs to lean out. I walk around at 7 to 8 % body fat in the summer eating 40p/40c/20f. It's all about getting the right amount of calories and not eating refined or processed garbage.

Fuck, I've been on a bulk eating 4500 - 5000 calories a day and I'm still no higher than 11 or 12 percent body fat. Just to add I'm vegan also if that matters at all.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag