Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineDreamer987
The VerbalHerman Munster
Female

Loc: Texas
Anti-depresants + shrooms
    #1570904 - 05/23/03 01:37 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Who has experiance with this? What are your observations? Does it decrease potency any? change the trip? I am about to start taking celexa again was wondering if it would be necissary to increase shroom dose.

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinephalaris
journeyman
Re: Anti-depresants + shrooms [Re: Dreamer987]
    #1571492 - 05/23/03 05:30 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I was on Paxil a couple years ago and when I took mushrooms, I felt tripping was a bit more tolerable. I would have moments of level-headedness that came in waves. Something I only felt with LSD. As far as potency, I had some wild trips on 2 grams. I never had an issue with potency until I ate around 50 grams wet and spilled over into some really psychotic, self-obliteration hallucinations, passing out a few times and coming to after a few hours, having a very subtle trip for a couple more hours. On lower doses I would go into slight depressive episodes that I knew I had oppressed from forcing myself to feel better on an anti-depressant. But that's the great thing about shrooms is realizing these things and being able to lie down and chill out into some blissful, hallucinatory, affirmation of universal love. I don't know if that is something in conjunction with taking an SSRI and current methods of attaining happiness. But being able to curb 'freakout anxiety mode' was something Paxil did well for me. I'm sure getting used to managing serotonin with a current regimine of reuptake inhibition and then reintroducing a similar chemical will make you have conflicting ideas about how you wish to secure a level of stable moods. When I took 50 grams wet it seemed like I was pushed over the top of my threshold for control over my emotions, and the ego loss and complete disillusion to the construct of my body was enough to put me in panic freakout mode. But then again, just giving into the feeling and going with it beyond worring about death was something that led to the universal pool of energy and emerging from that only left a vibration of warmth, with some eery emptiness, mainly because I was listening to Autechre - Tri Repetae (wickedly odd album to hear on anything).
Anyway, it seems that Celaxa is a more refined SSRI that might have lesser side effects. It's something you'll have to experiment with. Don't worry about potency, just take a couple grams your first time. You can guage from there. I have a tendency to try to figure out and memorize everything I'm experiencing on high doses, so I'm sure I'm easy to freak out on a high dose again. It may or may not have that effect on you depending on your level of mental expertise.

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Loc: Florida
Re: Anti-depresants + shrooms [Re: phalaris]
    #1572484 - 05/23/03 05:01 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience