Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Anonymous

Weird dream experiences
    #1570665 - 05/22/03 10:15 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Do you ever wonder about those people you hang out with in your dreams that you don't know in waking life but they seem so familiar to you in the dream? Are these people "real"? Ever revisit the same group of people in different dreams? What about the emotions you feel while dreaming? How can you wake up feeling the emotion you felt in a dream when it's from something that never really "happened"? I've felt stronger emotions in my dreams than from anything while "awake."

On a related note, I've been having spontaneous dream recall A LOT lately, not just from dreams I had recently but also from early in my childhood. You know when you're just doing whatever and something you see or hear reminds you of a scene in a dream? Suppose that happened to you about once every minute, and this is kinda what's been happening to me. When I get one scene from a dream it will remind me of a scene from another dream and so on because a lot of them are linked in my subconscious somehow. Even as I'm typing this I'm getting them. It really freaks me out sometimes. My subconscious is working it's way into my waking world.

Share your own not-so-ordinary dream experiences!  :smile: 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
Loc: Hell
Re: Weird dream experiences [Re: ]
    #1571872 - 05/23/03 10:54 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Ive been getting dreams of telekinesis lately, about 4 or 5 dreams in a row. I feel like i get what telekinesis is, im just not successfull yet. I guess im waiting to "feel the energy", which hasn't happened yet in wakeing reality.

--------------------
And the gameshow host rings the buzzer (brrnnntt) oh and now you get a face full of face!

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
    #1571928 - 05/23/03 11:20 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

The thing that gets me is the intelligence which is at work in the dream world. The internal consistency. The synchronicities. I can't give an example because it's too hard to articulate.

I know exactly where you're coming from about the emotions. When I was 14 I had a dream that I was in love with this girl. I felt romantic love with an intensity that I have not felt before or since. The feeling was still with me when I woke up.

My subconscious is working it's way into my waking world.

Me too.

--------------------

Offlinepsilo9com
Koh Koh Gadget

Re: Weird dream experiences [Re: Revelation]
    #1572469 - 05/23/03 02:56 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Whenever I have a strong trip, the dreams I have the next time I fall asleep are incredibly wierd.

I had this one dream where i was elected class president, but then i found out i only had one vote, my own. The only other opponent was Don Quixote, and he isn't real so I won by default.

I don't remember too much more then that, but it was definately a wierd dream.

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
    #1573059 - 05/23/03 06:45 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I often have the sensation of "super emotions" in my dreams. I often dream about being in love with somebody, and the emotions are much more intense than anything from my waking life. I also experience extraordinary friendships in my dreams, often with famous people that I've never met. Strangely, their personalities usually turn out to be much different than what I'd expect if I were awake.

Last night I was hanging out with Beck at a mutual friend's house (this mutual friend happened to be Rivers Cuomo from Weezer, but he never made an appearance). We were smoking pot and playing the guitar. This brings up another strange recurrence in my dreams: drugs. I often dream about drugs of all kinds; some that I've tried, some that I haven't. They always seem to be in some twisted form, too. Last night the magic mushrooms I purchased were like thinly sliced grocery-store mushrooms, and they were stored in little weed baggies. I never got a chance to eat em though.

Every morning I'm fascinated with my dreams. Nowadays they seem to possess a level of detail and emotion I've never experienced before.

Strangely, I only dream with such intensity when I'm totally drug free. I quit everything again about three weeks ago.

I look forward to my dreams tonight.

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1573441 - 05/23/03 09:49 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Max I'm with ya on this one!

Dreams are the most psychedelic of experiences in my opinion....

Its like my unconscious gets to come out and play, processing and connecting loads of shit that my brain has recorded but that my ego never gave a shit about - the more I've gotten "into dreams," like the more I've thought about them and really tried to pay attention and stuff, the crazier it gets..

Like when I start to gain lucidity during a dream, my unconscious will do all sorts of things to "trick" me back into the dream... of course sometimes I break into full lucidity, and its like I'm fuckin "GOD!" its amazing! heh a few of these times, I've realized I was dreaming and then the dream characters just kind of stopped what they were doing and stood around acting all confused, like "ok dude.. uhh you're in charge of the show here.. what's the plan?"

lol dreams are so fuckin cool :smile: EVERYBODY should try to study their own dreams.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

InvisibleOlgualion
Shaman-In-Training
 User Gallery

Loc: Currently Earth...
    #1573482 - 05/23/03 10:07 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I rarely ever remember my dreams, but when I do!!!

In the most recent one probably a month ago, I was conversating with this man in a very comfortable feeling room.  In my conversation with him, I found that he was 207 years old (for some reason I had the feeling this was divisible by three) and was once a worker like me.  He would go about his daily routine, just like all of the other brainwashed fools, working, paying bills...  Then I find out he is now a "street person", he gave up on dealing with the bullshit in society and decided to seek enlightenment.  All the while I have the feeling he is reading my mind as we sit back and smoke a bowl.  He then sends me a telepathic message telling me that we have been communicating this way all along.  Another interesting thing I learned about him is that he had the ability to split his consciousness and project at will.

It was a rather odd dream!! :wink:

Maybe I'll tell you about the one where there were numerous people in a room and I wasn't sure which person I was, later.  That was one of the strangest I've ever had.

I also had a dream back in '99 that I was near the top of a very large building and a plane was coming directly towards me.  In my dream, it felt that the plane was trying to turn away but couldn't.  It crashed into the building, I made it downstairs, got out the fromt of the building to look up at rubble coming at me, and woke!  Let me tell you, when 911 happened, I was really questioning who/ what I am...  Was it just a coincidence??? 

--------------------
Study the past...
See the future...

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
Re: Weird dream experiences [Re: Revelation]
    #1573514 - 05/23/03 10:27 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I felt romantic love with an intensity that I have not felt before or since. The feeling was still with me when I woke up.

The anima. I've had it too. I wish I could have at least one more dream with her in it.

I get some cool dreams sometimes, but other times I get dreams that are like what a computer would dream (if it could)- open this file, move this there, shrink that, put this here, and so on (it goes on forever like that).

I keep a dream log, but I only record my really vivid, cool, or wierd/cool dreams.

Just the other night I had Brittney Spears in my dream and she wanted me so badly, but I didn't do anything about it. I just acted 'normal' and never gave into wanting to fuck her. Isn't that a bit strange?

:shocked:

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

Invisibletak_old
Endo Smoke

Loc: State of confusion
Re: Weird dream experiences [Re: Murex]
    #1574369 - 05/24/03 10:36 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Some dreams I can remember with great detail for some time, others i forget 30 seconds after i wake up if i dont rethink them or say something first, and others I just cannot remember even having. Dreams are crazy, memories can be triggered by anything, and when that happens, the magic begins. I have had dreams of doing things, then sleeping. When I would wake up i was so sure i did this, people would have to prove to me otherwise, and show me dates from yesterday, and what we did compared with today and what time it is. There is no gap, I was dreaming, it seemed so real.

I have other dreams, I cannot explain then, i cannot even think about them. I can kinda see them, as they dance around in the back of my head, but as soon as i try to focus on them they fade away. Only in dream world can i see them. Ive had them since i was a child, more frequent then, but its always nice to have them, they are warm and comfy :]

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
Re: Weird dream experiences [Re: Strumpling]
    #1574853 - 05/24/03 04:31 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

do you guys ever have dreams about the boards on the shroomery? ive had several dreams where like there are like all you guys talking about something. The last one i had was about Strumpling, he had a reply and he told me not to say something. but i cant remember what it was. but its interesting to have dreams about these boards, and like seeing what you guys see and say. Dreams kick. and i still think they give you clues of the future. or maybe what could happen. sometimes it does come true... like yesterday! Dreams Rock, Rock Rock Rock the Dreams ROCK!

--------------------
What?

Invisibletak_old
Endo Smoke

Loc: State of confusion
Re: Weird dream experiences [Re: Zero7a1]
    #1574855 - 05/24/03 04:34 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

dreams do rock man. Ive had once dream about the shroomery i can remember.

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Re: Weird dream experiences [Re: tak_old]
    #1575175 - 05/24/03 08:07 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I (just 2 nights ago) had one about the Shroomery. I didn't like it, it made no sense.

--------------------
Isn't quite as it seems?
Is an elaborate dream?

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Re: Weird dream experiences [Re: Murex]
    #1575443 - 05/24/03 10:48 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

lately ive been really into practicing lucid dreaming... interested in dreaming in general.. its such a huge internal world that goes unnoticed..

my most recent cool dream experience was a few weeks ago.
I became lucid while standing in a parking lot at night, under a streetlight. I kept looking around for some writing to read to check to see if I was dreaming or not. But there was none, so I knelt down and found these pebbles on the wet pavement. I began to try and put them together to form letters. I can still remember how real the rocks felt against my skin.
It was funny though, I couldn't make any recognizable symbols with them as much as a tried.. I woke up soon after.

ive also dreamt about the Shroomery a few times. i cant remember too well, but like you'd click on a thread and then be immersed in some strange form of interaction, nothing as simple as just reading and typing words.

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
Re: Weird dream experiences [Re: Grav]
    #1575459 - 05/24/03 10:59 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

my mom had a dream about me before I was born and I told her what my name was. Pretty cool fucking way to get a name if you ask me. And it's a good thing the dream got my gender right too because damn coulda been embarrassing.

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: Weird dream experiences [Re: Dogomush]
    #1575469 - 05/24/03 11:05 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I had a previous dream influence my first trip. I dreamt that I was at a strange party at night in a beautiful, trippy, rigid, dark garden. Something between a fairy tale garden and a hollywood celebrity's grounds. I'm with this girl that I know in real life, who I have a strange friendship with. In the dream, though, we're in love and I have to protect her. Something is threatening her and I turn her into a purple flower and try to sneak her out of the garden. But some sort of animal is trying ot eat her. Her "flower self" gets damaged and everyone at the party looks on in amazement as I try to revive her. I forgot that whole dream until I tripped my first time and got stuck in a loop thinking about it over and over again.

--------------------

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

#1575470 - 05/24/03 11:05 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I love cool anecdotes. I don't know if I was born yet, I don't think I was, and my parents were living in a haunted house. The house used to be called the house of sad women or something like that. I guess it involved an abusive father and someone may have been killed there, the historical details are a little sketchy. Anyway, this is out in the boonies, too by the by. You could say this house had "bad vibes."

Some minor haunting stuff would occur, nothing too whacky. They'd hear footsteps coming up the gravel driveway and expect someone to knock on the door in a moment but nobody was there. Stuff like that.

Anyway, one night as my parents are drifting off to sleep my dad is just slipping into a dream. He dreams that a figure enters the room holding a knife high, poised to strike (moonlight shining on the blade I'm sure). Suddenly my mom snaps him out of his dreaming by screaming in her sleep. They're both awake, and they've just had the same dream.

Crazy shit eh?

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

#1575554 - 05/24/03 11:38 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Yes, crazy.

--------------------
Isn't quite as it seems?
Is an elaborate dream?

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

#1575562 - 05/24/03 11:40 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

My bro and I were tripping. Things started to get out of hand.. the mushrooms turned out to be very very potent, and as we slipped off the iceberg into the arctic waters of madness he started remembering a dream he had the night before detailing exactly what was happening as we were tripping, but he couldn't see into the future. Just when something happened he was like "woah I dreamed that happened last night"

what does it all mean?

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

#1575577 - 05/24/03 11:44 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I donno.

--------------------
Isn't quite as it seems?
Is an elaborate dream?

Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
Loc: Hell
Re: Weird dream experiences [Re: Zero7a1]
    #1575602 - 05/24/03 11:54 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Yes i had one dream about i was typeing something about the future on the shroomery.

Yes, dreams do rock, due to how memorable and vivid they have become.

--------------------
And the gameshow host rings the buzzer (brrnnntt) oh and now you get a face full of face!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder