Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, HEPA Filter

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Trial by Madness
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Mahjong

Loc: Okanagan
collaberative growing effort
    #1570596 - 05/22/03 11:55 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

well it just so happens that im moving soon and i will be in a position where i can have an insider at a mushroom farm spawn some bulk compost bags for me.
these bags are very unlikely to contam and if the flushes are anything like the way they flush with agaricus it would be some serious SERIOUS majour bulk.
i can do up some jars and he would set me up a 20 kilo bag of dung straw agricultrual mushroom compost and then i just come by and pick them up as "spent" compost then pop them into a chamber at 90% humidity, open the tops and away we go.

my question, how suseptable to contamination would this meathod be? im not worried about other fungi as the desired fungi would be fully situated, im just worried because i wonder how much ill have to set up, i have a basement space thats closed in, very humid, but its all old moist mildewey wood, im wondering if these bags (essentually portable compost heaps) would be as easily contaminated as more conventianal style cubensis cult.
i could of course line the walls with plastic and seal it up, im just worried if my landlord saw it that way she might think im growing "the drugs"
if i had to seal the room up o would install a florescent light and grow several innoquous non-psychoactive plants (or at least legal ones) as a guise and tell her the substrate is either potting soil, or gormet mushrooms (depending on matutiry) and pray she doesnt ASK for some in a salad.
will i HAVE to seal up the room? or will this work ok in a damp, mildewey, spider and bug infested dirt floor basement?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
Trusted Cultivator
Re: collaberative growing effort [Re: Mitchnast]
    #1570781 - 05/23/03 01:01 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I've grown successfully in dank, dirty, moldy areas.

But it would be in your best interest to clean as best as possible before setting up. Bleach the fuck out of the place..Line the walls in plastic.

Get a decent HEPA filter and you're set.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, HEPA Filter

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation