Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineflanders53
enthusiast
Loc: NY
There is Schitzophrenia in my family!! I need advice!!!
    #1570573 - 05/22/03 09:47 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Ohhh shit. I found out today that my mother's mother was schitzophrenic. I always knew she was wacked, but not that bad. I barely knew her. She died when I was about 6 years old. All I really know of her was unfortunate, sad accounts of her life.

My mother and I were discussing my drug use tonight. She disagrees with it(well, she thinks I dont do them anymore since the arrest) and she was talking about our neighbor, who is a skitzo. He took LSD and it brought out the latent schitzophrenia in him. She told me her mother was schitz also. I'm scared. I love tripping. I gain alot from the experience and think it has improved my life alot. I have never done more than 3 lsd hits at a time though, and never gone over a level 3, or maybe light level 4 mushroom trip.

I can't imagine stopping tripping. My question is...should I worry??? My friends and I have been planning a 7 hit LSD trip soon...I'm worried and hesitant. I dont want to go fucking crazy. Please help!!!

--------------------
Think for yourself. Question authority.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblebuckwheat
Cynically Insane

Loc: Not Enough Characters to ...
Re: There is Schitzophrenia in my family!! I need advice!!! [Re: flanders53]
    #1570615 - 05/22/03 10:00 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

<-----------syd barret he develeop schitzophrenia years after he started tripping but he took huge amounts of lsd.just because you havent gone schitzo doesnt mean you wont in more stressed out times.that is if you inherited it.i think therse no way to tell.have you ever had a bad trip.

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan
Re: There is Schitzophrenia in my family!! I need advice!!! [Re: buckwheat]
    #1570719 - 05/22/03 10:34 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

well, if youre going to get schotzophrenia then youre going to get it. thats the way i look at it, theres some in my family too, and im quite certain that im not considered remotely normal in any circle for my behavior, beleifs, or appearance.  but im not worried about bonafied psychosis, because if i get it i get it. if i worry about getting it then ill become neurotic and probably try to emulate others and become a fake, and thats just as bad.
im an eccentric, the kind you really notice :smile:  and im sure people think im crazy too, but thats ok with me because i KNOW they're crazy. :smile:

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1570884 - 05/22/03 11:32 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

People susceptible will usually develop schizophrenia whether they take LSD or not. There's no evidence LSD "brings on" schizophrenia any more than any other stressful experience you might go through. Schizophrenia usually appears in your late teens and early twenties which is often a time when they are experimenting with drugs too.

If you're older than 25 and never shown any symptoms then you're probably ok.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineDreamer987
The VerbalHerman Munster
Female

Loc: Texas
    #1570886 - 05/22/03 11:33 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

My mom has a cousin who took lsd once when he was a teenager. Went schitzo and has spent most of his life in institutions, but i still continue to trip.
The odds of psychedelics bringing out a pre-existing psychological disorder are verry slim. Granted having it in your family significantly increases your odds, but your odds are still pretty good that you'll be fine.
You drive in cars everyday and have a much much better chance of getting mangled/injured from that than goin insane off of psychedelics. Sometimes you just gotta take risks

--------------------

Invisibleeric_the_redS
Trans-male User Gallery

Loc: happy land
    #1570972 - 05/22/03 11:55 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

My question is...should I worry??? My friends and I have been planning a 7 hit LSD trip soon...I'm worried and hesitant. I dont want to go fucking crazy. Please help!!! 

when taking 7 hits of lsd, you only have something to worry about if you don't go crazy.  :smile: 

--------------------
Anno cock? is that some kind of Greek liqueur? -Geo's All Knowing Sex Slave

Offlineflanders53
enthusiast
Loc: NY
Re: There is Schitzophrenia in my family!! I need advice!!! [Re: eric_the_red]
    #1571669 - 05/23/03 07:47 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Mind candy- I don't think I've ever had a BAD trip. I've had some that I've had some worries and paranoia in...but I don't consider them bad. Most all of them I have gained positive things from and am glad I tripped. I don't know exactly what a BAD trip is because, I don't think I've really had one. I'm sure people can tell about bad trips, but I don't think you can really know until you've had one yourself.

I'm a pretty stable person. I guess I shouldn't worry about it. I was just worried about it because I had never known my grandmother was schitzophrenic. After getting arrested for posession of a fairly large amount of acid, a few of my trips have been paranoid and just worrisome. But I think this is normal. And this paranoia helps me alot to think about values and what to appreciate in life. I guess I shouldn't worry. Thanks for your input guys. I appreciate it!

--------------------
Think for yourself. Question authority.

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Loc: Florida
    #1572460 - 05/23/03 02:51 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

If tripping hasn't sparked your schitzo yet and you've done somewhat large amounts of acid/shrooms lots of times then I wouldn't worry about it sparking it. I dont think you have to worry about going crazy, especially if you're pretty old like 20+

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies