Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
Re: Will we become gods? [Re: DailyPot]
    #1558091 - 05/18/03 03:52 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I like your way of thinking on this subject. I believe that God seperates itself so that those fragments can eventually learn to become what it was before, some may not make it that far, but that's how the cycle goes. It's evolution in a metaphisical sense.

Our bodies are not yet developed enough to allow us to have 'super powers' or psionic powers or whatever. The previous generation gives us what we have now. I think that we are always one step ahead, while one step behind in a way. We just have to keep progressing.

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Loc: Florida
Re: Will we become gods? [Re: Murex]
    #1558247 - 05/18/03 05:40 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

We can already do some pretty amazing things but we only call what we dont have power. Once we have it the term power goes to something new.

OfflineMalachi
stereotype

Loc: Around Minneapolis.
Re: Will we become gods? [Re: ]
    #1559061 - 05/18/03 11:17 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I really don't think that giving one word answers make the space you took up posting worth being taken up.

I faill to see how evolution doesn't imply that we aren't going to become more godlike. I think that this is a matter of how you view progress: god-like or devil-like. I think that we could go either way, but I try to make sure (as best as I can) that we (and I) become more god-like. what's working out, what's going to school? what is motivation?

--------------------
The ultimate meaning of our being can only be fulfilled in the paradoxical leap beyond the tragic-demonic frustration. It is a leap from our side, but it is the self-surrendering presence of the Ground of Being from the other side.
- Paul Tillich

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
Re: Will we become gods? [Re: HagbardCeline]
    #1559216 - 05/19/03 01:01 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Although I think there exists a very real possibility of a mass extinction, I believe that a viable number of humans would remain alive to repopulate the species. Even in the event of a global catastrophe such as asteriod impact, or some sort of genetically engineered super virus, some of the population will be able to forsee the event and ensure some of the species remains alive in some isolated place free from danger.

I steal your view on that subject.

As for the "Will we become gods?" question, my meaningless opinion is that yes, if the human species is given the chance to evolve into our potential... then yes that is what we will become. Anyone who says anything different is viewing the future under the hue of pessimism.

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #1559450 - 05/19/03 05:23 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

i think that you had best read olaf stapledon's _starmaker_ just to get started... & maybe lester del ray's wonderful short story "evensong"...
as for the biblical background --- eating of the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil was the first step from creaturehood towards godhood for humanity, heh...
and from the martian perspective, all that groks is god...
(those short words are the slippery ones, remember...)

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
Loc: Hell
    #1560944 - 05/19/03 05:48 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Hargeceline your have been enlightened, or as they say illunimated my friend. So have i, the problem is that my message get distorted because of the matrix way of life!

YES,.. we will become gods, influence the current dimension in ways we can only dream of now. Ever notice how often the DNA symbol in trips are occuring now?

I will say, let there be light!, and then i will create light! lol

--------------------
And the gameshow host rings the buzzer (brrnnntt) oh and now you get a face full of face!

Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
Re: Will we become gods? [Re: johnnyfive]
    #1564323 - 05/20/03 10:01 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

And the lord god said, "The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever."

Just something thats come to my awareness. :smirk:

--------------------
And the gameshow host rings the buzzer (brrnnntt) oh and now you get a face full of face!

Edited by johnnyfive (05/21/03 01:09 AM)

OfflineHagbardCeline
Student-Teacher-Student-Teacher
Male User Gallery

Loc: Overjoyed, at the bottom ...
Re: Will we become gods? [Re: johnnyfive]
    #1569646 - 05/22/03 02:55 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

That has always been an aspect of the Bible that puzzled me. And it is not the only instance. Several times they mention God(s) in plural.

--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

OfflineEvilGir
Im the on coming storm

Loc: Planet Irk
    #1570056 - 05/22/03 06:09 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Our bodies are not yet developed enough to allow us to have 'super powers' or psionic powers or whatever.

I think everything we need to become gods is already there cos we dont realy use all of our brain. I think all that is needed is the right miind and slight genetic variation in the brain to switch these powers on. Who knows maybe there is some type of neuro transmitter undiscoverd that could simply turn on the right switch.
But a word of warning what do you realy think the world would turn out to be like if we all become gods overnight. I just think the deepest regions of hell would be fun compared to what could happen.

--------------------
Fighting the man the best way I can.

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Re: Will we become gods? [Re: EvilGir]
    #1571583 - 05/23/03 06:01 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

She replied, "we may eat the fruit of any tree in the garden, except for the tree in the middle of the garden. God has forbidden us to eat the fruit of that tree or even to touch it; if we do, we shall die."
"Of course you will not die," said the serpent; "for God knows that, as soon as you eat it, your eyes will be opened and you will be like God himself, knowing both good and evil."
~~~
(consult Gnostic texts for interpretations of this pivotal incident from the childhood of mankind which are quite contrary to traditional Jewish/Christian/Muslim readings...)
~
~
or consult Mark Twain's wonderful _Letters from the Earth_ for  excerpts from Eve's diary :wink: ...
~
~

--------------------
not old enough to care

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
    #1571585 - 05/23/03 06:08 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

HC ---
the word from the pentateuch which implies gods is "elohim"...
the word which is translated lord is YHVH (blessed be his name) (& apologies to those who insist that the sacred tetragrammaton be neither written nor uttered aloud...)
~
biblical scholars suggest that there are 3 strands of original traditions melded into into one narrative:
E for elohist
J for jahwist
P for priestly
if you look at the genesis text, there are obviously 2 distinct creation stories...
harold bloom's marvelous _the book of j_ goes into this a bit, and there are several other biblical scholars (including isaac asimov!) who can elucidate this complex corner of scriptural origins, perhaps... even a quick googlesearch can yield quite a bit of info, & references to further sources i am sure...
~
shalom
~

--------------------
not old enough to care

Edited by gnrm23 (05/27/03 05:49 AM)

OfflineHagbardCeline
Student-Teacher-Student-Teacher
Male User Gallery

Loc: Overjoyed, at the bottom ...
Re: Will we become gods? [Re: EvilGir]
    #1572649 - 05/23/03 04:17 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

I think everything we need to become gods is already there cos we dont realy use all of our brain.

Actually that is completely untrue. You, I, and the rest of the world all use 100% of our brain. I just don't see the reason that people think we have these dormant abiitlies. Where is the evidence. Or even reasonable speculation. Many of you have written throughout this thread that we were gods, or we can already do it, but no one has said why or how.

--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

OfflineYou_are_God
^So are We^
Loc: The Dream Game...
    #1573128 - 05/23/03 07:21 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Anything can be taken on any level of understanding....envision just how many processes go into your response. It is not a question of true/untrue or right/wrong it is about learning and understanding for yourself. Besides...why are you >>>here<<<?
Peace

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
Re: Will we become gods? [Re: gnrm23]
    #1573571 - 05/23/03 10:52 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

You Kabbalistic?

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
    #1573575 - 05/23/03 10:53 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Its all about energy

All in one

What can be all and one at the same time? Energy,... energy at its most basic form, when one dives in to the subject of being gods, they must concider, ESP/Psionic applications.

Can god be energy, its presents in all things, being energy?
Can god be energy, as is the same with us (us being gods) because we write the laws/program for the energy?

--------------------

Edited by johnnyfive (05/24/03 12:08 PM)

OfflineSombie
Moonrock eater

Loc: Stafford, Virginia
    #1573674 - 05/23/03 11:23 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Our mind is our tool to becomming what you say.

Using our minds, we have let man fly, reach the moon, go to the bottom of the ocean, distroy entire citys in one blast, make towers that scrape the sky. We have created our own subjects, we can show the past and can sometimes predict the future. We have connected millions of people's minds.

We are pretty far on our way.

--------------------
"America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable." - Hunter S Thompson

Check out Agio

Follow my NFL Blog

Invisiblelurican
Doom, doom,doom.

Loc: ground zero
Re: Will we become gods? [Re: ]
    #1574721 - 05/24/03 02:57 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

i personally believe our current society will destroy itself and the survivors will develop a higher mentallity in which to govern ourselves.. if that counts as developing god like powers..

--------------------
Tha rogaire salach amaidech!

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Re: Will we become gods? [Re: Murex]
    #1580788 - 05/27/03 05:43 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

kabbala...
well sir, no, i cannot read hebrew... (aleph, bet, gimmel...)
i do have a hebrew/english dictionary, but having & using are not the same thing...
i do have a passing interest in various ummmmm bits of arcana, but... i am hardly a practicioner of any of them...
have read from the zohar, a couple books on kabbalah, _7 1/2 mystics_, etc, as well as stuff on bible history (jewish & chrisitian) & gnostics & essenes &&& ...
maybe someday in this lifetime, if i can ever obtain sufficient slack (praise bob!) i will immerse myself in esoterica sufficiently to slake my thirst(s) --- & if not this time around, perhaps in my next incarnation (for as my friend in the colorado rockies has said to me more than once, she learned enough about the marriage & parenting gig in this lifetime to allow her to avoid it in her next lifetime :wink: ...)
inshallah...

--------------------
not old enough to care

Offlineskiddlincat
Stranger

Post deleted by Administrator [Re: gnrm23]
    #1582947 - 05/27/03 09:41 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
Re: Will we become gods? [Re: skiddlincat]
    #1585113 - 05/28/03 01:17 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

It will be a sad day when we think we have become gods
because that will be the day we have lost our imagination
that will be the day we stop growing

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck