Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Gypsum, Perlite, Scales, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ibiza, Spain
which birdseed tek is best?
    #1568985 - 05/22/03 01:27 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Ryche Hawk's version on the shroomery seems to use a few more ingrediants. Since im going to be purchasing, verm, perlite, finch seed, i dont wanna buy flax seed also really.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Center of the Room
Re: which birdseed tek is best? [Re: factory81]
    #1568994 - 05/22/03 01:32 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

they're both good... just a matter of opinion

:::::Sincerely Yours, I disown you:::::

Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
Re: which birdseed tek is best? [Re: shroomizzy]
    #1571138 - 05/23/03 02:54 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I had always just soaked WBS in tap water for several hours, drained 30minutes and filled the jars 3/4 to the top...capped with tyvek and plastic caps, cover top with foil....PC for 40-45 minutes, 1 hour if it contains whole sunflower seeds...

Dethhead tek...it works but there is no consistancy between the jars, some will be a little too wet some maybe a little dry...results are ok and yeild fairly well... I tried a few variations on this tek with really crappy results and with better more consistant results...to use this tek...invest in a good quality scale and liquid measuring equip...volumetric cylinder....bacterial contamss can occur...

Ryche Hawk Substrate...Tried a coulpe of very similar mediums...found better results using a coarse 7grain flour with the WBS and Vermiculite, left out the rice flour..fruited really well but havent actualy tried hawks tek using flax seed meal...

Tango 6....same basic method I had relied on a long time...it's almost fool proof...I say this because I am a fool that has screwed it up a few times...not his...my own...anyway, with his method, I recomeng a small amout of gypsum, it's like a wonder additive, as a fine powder it helps the grain to absorb more water with out becoming 'overwet' which leads to wetspot...

Oat groats, (whole grain) soak them for about 6 -10 hours...you should be able to easily pinch a grain in half and with a little extra force squish it...adding gypsum is a good idea although oats soak up alot of water anyway more than any other grain I had tried. fill 3/4 full in 1/2 pint or 1 pint wide mouth jars and PC 40-45 minutes...oats are a very nutritious substrate and have really worked well for me in the past....I only mention them because if you can get your hands on Flax Seed Meal....oat groats are available and provide better results.

Invisiblegeorge castanzaM
Lord Of The Idiots!
 User Gallery Arcade Champion: BurgerTime, Space Invaders
Trusted Cultivator
Re: which birdseed tek is best? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #1574193 - 05/24/03 09:30 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Hawks magic formula kicks ass over anything else out there iko
the flax seed meal really helps out, the mushies really seem to love it!

at least thats what kramer says

pftek said:Impossible to clean everything right now. Maybe in a week.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Gypsum, Perlite, Scales, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation