Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Scales, Terrence McKenna

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineJazzMatazz
addict

Loc: Vienna, Austria
What can happen on high dosages?
    #1568653 - 05/22/03 09:51 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Im planning to trip in the dark. My last flush seems to be bigger than I thought , and so Im thinking about tripping on more than 6 grams. Would recommend this? What would I experience?
Ive only taken shrooms with other people, so have always been distracted from closed-eye visuals, or have never had the time to "see" them.
The only "strong trip" experience Ive had, was in MC Donalds, where I suddenly heared Techno-music very clearly, as if it was in the air. When I closed my eyes, I saw oriental women, and heared spiritual music. I was quite awe struck of that, and want to experience this longer, than there.
Do you think more than 6 is too much , or manageable? (Im usually very resistant, and have compareably lower trips, as other people from the same dosage)
thx,
Jazz

--------------------
Perception is limited to consciousness.Expand it and unfold other realities.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleSHiZNO
-

Re: What can happen on high dosages? [Re: JazzMatazz]
    #1568723 - 05/22/03 10:54 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

you will DIE,,...j/k...never done it

--------------------

Offlinest0nedphucker
Rogue State
Male
Loc: Wales (yes it is a countr...
Re: What can happen on high dosages? [Re: SHiZNO]
    #1568785 - 05/22/03 11:37 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I have taken large doses on quite a few occasions, my most 13g , the trip was not visual really, except for the CEV's when inhaling butyl-nitrate, but the effect on my mind was immense. I was crawling round my bedroom with only the TV for light talking to myself about the tree people, I could not understand why humans live in houses with computers and stuff and have jobs when we could all just live in trees. It sounds blatantly stupid but at the time I truly believed it, it was if my personality was completely taken over by that of a strange old man who wanted to live in a tree. Looking back it was very enjoyable, and very profound, I would say go for it. But make sure your enviroment is safe and familiar and if in any doubt, which IMHO is the main cause of people losing it as they question whether they have taken too much or that they are gonna remain insane etc get a close friend to watch or even restrain you should things get out of hand.

--------------------
The punishment which the wise suffer, who refuse to take part in government, is to live under the government of worse men.

InvisibleOctopusDr
Octi Doci

Re: What can happen on high dosages? [Re: st0nedphucker]
    #1568794 - 05/22/03 11:41 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

hey dude stop giving bad info.

your "13grams" , were they wet?

Offlinest0nedphucker
Rogue State
Male
Loc: Wales (yes it is a countr...
Re: What can happen on high dosages? [Re: OctopusDr]
    #1568810 - 05/22/03 11:51 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

No they were dry. What do you mean bad information, my friends and I often take doses of at least 8g of DRY shrooms. One often eats more mushrooms than I eat in a month. Perhaps the next time I go picking I should dry them out and take pictures of the scales and get someone to take photos of us dosing to satisfy your disbelief

--------------------
The punishment which the wise suffer, who refuse to take part in government, is to live under the government of worse men.

InvisibleOctopusDr
Octi Doci

Re: What can happen on high dosages? [Re: st0nedphucker]
    #1568849 - 05/22/03 12:12 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Did you get my PM?

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1568857 - 05/22/03 12:17 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Above a certain level the dosage doesn't really make any difference. Leary found that when he gave people 2-3000 mikes and told them it was 250 mikes there was no difference in the effect. The brain only has so many receptors - beyond a certain dose there's no difference. There may well be an effect cos you're thinking "I took a huge dose, i must have a brainfart of a trip" but that's all. If i could give you 15 dried grams and tell you it was 3 you more than likely would't even notice. It might last a bit longer because there's more psilocybin floating around in your system but that's about it.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineJazzMatazz
addict

Re: What can happen on high dosages? [Re: Xlea321]
    #1568907 - 05/22/03 12:42 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

thats an interesting thought. So, you say that if I think the trip will be low-dose, it will. Would this probably explain, why I seem to be the one out of my group of trippers, who is able to communicate with the "outer-world" the best? On shrooms, Im always focused on getting everything organized, and not freaking out too much. If i?d let myself "go" a little more, would the trip be more enticing?

--------------------

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1569263 - 05/22/03 03:08 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Not sure if you can fool yourself with mushrooms tho. I don't think it'll work if you take 10 dried grams and then consciously try and tell yourself you only took 3.

I've never found big doses to be that different to small doses really - maybe you notice more of a physical effect, maybe it lasts an extra hour. I've never found psychedelics to be like alcohol - where if you have 3 pints you're fine and if you have 15 you're wrecked.

As I say the only experiment i know of - where Leary was giving people enormous doses of LSD when they thought they were getting an average dose - he said none of them ever noticed any difference.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineSombie
Moonrock eater

Loc: Stafford, Virginia
    #1569288 - 05/22/03 03:15 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah, but I don't think 6 grams is over that point yet, but hell if I know.

--------------------
"America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable." - Hunter S Thompson

Check out Agio

Follow my NFL Blog

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
    #1569500 - 05/22/03 04:08 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

That is a false statement!

I can tell you very good that a 3g, 5g, 7g, 9g, etc trip is progressively getting MUCH heavier. Your system may get saturated with the key chemicals at some point, but not at dosages that low. With LSD its another story...although reading Chinacat's thumbprint experience, its clear that the saturation point can be pushed majorly.

"If i could give you 15 dried grams and tell you it was 3 you more than likely would't even notice"

Thats just blasphemy! If you gave him 15g he would probably be rolling around on the floor mumbling to himself with dried saliva all over himself perhaps acting as an alien entity. If you gave him 3 grams he would say "Whoa, thats trippy man." as he watched the language get sucked into itself.

As for Jazzmatazz - I STRONGLY suggest a 7g trip alone...for starters. That was how i started, and i havent passed it yet, but that trip was groundbreaking, although scary and very uncomfortable at times, it was very very memorable in a positive light.
What can happen on High dosages? you'll lose your own conciousness, realize everything youve ever known is probably false, get scared, feel great, feel like shit, realize alot but never be able to explain what, get swallowed up whole by the world of stimuli and spit back out with a sacred knowledge of something on your shoulders.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflineJazzMatazz
addict

Re: What can happen on high dosages? [Re: PDU]
    #1569586 - 05/22/03 04:35 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

What can happen on High dosages? you'll lose your own conciousness, realize everything youve ever known is probably false, get scared, feel great, feel like shit, realize alot but never be able to explain what, get swallowed up whole by the world of stimuli and spit back out with a sacred knowledge of something on your shoulders.

mmh,I think I should do this in a friends house, rather than at home. The prob is , that he wont understand , that I wanna be alone...
Due you think I could trip at 12 midnight , and then just trip till 5 and go to sleep?

--------------------

InvisibleOctopusDr
Octi Doci

#1569616 - 05/22/03 04:44 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I think on 7g you would trip longer that 5hrs. I dont think I would sleep untill 7-8am if I started at 12am.  Maybe longer.  So it depends on what you have planned for the next day.

Your friend's house?  You know it all depends.  You know the guy better than we do.  I know I wouldnt want to be messed with on such a high dose.  I wouldnt feel comfortable interacting with someone who wasnt at the same level as me.  But Ive never dosed that high(what 7g?) so if youre going to try it tell us how it goes. :cool: 

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Re: What can happen on high dosages? [Re: OctopusDr]
    #1569656 - 05/22/03 05:00 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I would advise against doing it at your friends house, being alone is part of what makes the experience, maybe lower the dosage down to 5g your first time alone or something. I think if you have pot you could be out by 7am, or maybe just pull an all nighter and refect upon your trip. When i was on 7g, dosed at 9pm and was asleep by about 3am, absolutely exhausted and satisfied.
Also, dont play on the computer, or the tv or anything...maybe some slow easy listening music in a dark atmosphere, or nothing at all in the pure dark...TV and Computers and overly manufactured music and the like feel very "dirty".

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: What can happen on high dosages? [Re: PDU]
    #1569763 - 05/22/03 05:46 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

That is a false statement!

No it isn't!  :laugh:

Thats just blasphemy! If you gave him 15g he would probably be rolling around on the floor mumbling to himself with dried saliva all over himself perhaps acting as an alien entity. If you gave him 3 grams he would say "Whoa, thats trippy man." as he watched the language get sucked into itself.

I've had far more powerful experiences on 3 dried grams than 10-15 dried grams. Personally i find the intensity peaks at around 3-5 grams. Anymore than that doesn't make a whole bunch of difference - obviously the placebo effect may kick in because you're thinking "Big dose - all other drugs are "stronger" if you take a big dose so psilocybin must be too". Psilocybin isn't like alcohol. 

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Offlinethelox
    #1569789 - 05/22/03 05:55 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Why don't we say it's subjective and leave it at that.

Offlinepseudopod
scattered,smothered,covered...

Re: What can happen on high dosages? [Re: thelox]
    #1569974 - 05/22/03 07:31 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

It is much easier to overdo it with mushrooms than it is with LSD. Personally I think high doses are overrated (at least on a regular basis). Respect the mushroom, respect your body and things should go well. I don't consider 6 grams a rediculous dose, though you might want to work up to that if you've never done it alone. I really like going solo, but some people need social interaction for a good trip. Figure this out before you start pulling psychonautical voyages, not everybody's Terrence McKenna and not everyone needs to be. I think this kind of experimentation is taken too lightly by some people (I'm not talking about anyone in here)... It has real consequences, both positive and negative, on your life. DRUGS ARE NOT TOYS.

I ain't preaching, so please don't take it that way. I just think that any discussion of high dose trips should keep this in mind. High doses solo can be a very good match, but I imagine that it could just as well be a bad one. I don't know anyone who would want to this on a regular basis, it seems to be pretty self-limiting but there's always that ONE guy...
Please don't be that guy.

Invisiblechinacat72
eyes of theworld
 User Gallery

Loc: Terrapin Station
    #1570099 - 05/22/03 08:25 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

As I say the only experiment i know of - where Leary was giving people enormous doses of LSD when they thought they were getting an average dose - he said none of them ever noticed any difference. 

Thats very subjective. Try taking 250mcg. and two weeks later eat two sheets(20,000mcg) and tell me there's no difference. Read the thumbprint thread. Leary said alot of things. I love the man but alot of his ideas and info were flat out wrong.
Your statement about him giving enormous amounts of LSD and they were thinking it was an average hit is flawed. If this saturation theory were true , a person recieving a enormous dose would be saturated therefore they would'nt be thinking they were getting a "average hit". What your trying to say is a person recieving a average dose would be thinking they got an enormous dose. But again the saturation theory is flawed.

As for mushrooms 3 grams and 15 grams is a completely different trip. I can tell a difference between 3 gram and 6 grams let alone 3 and 15. I'll pm Whiterasta and have him coment on high dose mushroom trips. I know he has eaten about an ounce before and it was alot more intense than 3 grams. He also has eaten LSD crystal(thumbprint) and can elaborate as I have on the difference between 250mcg. and stiking your thumb in pure LSD crystal.

To the person who started this thread. Go to the pub and search for the thread called "The Thumbprint" or just do a search for ego-death and read what happens at higher doses of psychedelics. Alot of people have posted on this. :grin: 

--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: What can happen on high dosages? [Re: chinacat72]
    #1570837 - 05/23/03 01:21 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Try taking 250mcg. and two weeks later eat two sheets(20,000mcg) and tell me there's no difference.

That's not the same thing. The key is if you think you're getting 250ug you don't notice any difference if it's 2000ug.

If this saturation theory were true , a person recieving a enormous dose would be saturated therefore they would'nt be thinking they were getting a "average hit".

No, if saturation point is at 250-500ug then it doesn't matter if you get 3000, you'll still think it's 250ug.

As for mushrooms 3 grams and 15 grams is a completely different trip. I can tell a difference between 3 gram and 6 grams let alone 3 and 15.

Well as I say, i've had more powerful experiences on 3 grams than 15. Psychedelics arn't like beer. And it's next to impossible to take twice as many mushrooms without knowing it so you can't rule out the placebo effect.

Why would Leary lie about people being unable to distuingish between 250 and 2000ug?

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

#1570975 - 05/23/03 01:55 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Who knows, but its easy to find lots of evidence proving what you say otherwise. Just look at "the thumbprint" thread and everything you say is proven false. I think nearly anyone could distinguish between 250 and 2000ug's its the difference between possibly laying on the floor talking to material items, or seeing melty walls and feeling "profound".

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: Scales, Terrence McKenna

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience