Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisiblePowdered_Toastman
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Arrakis
mango myth tested
    #15681750 - 01/18/12 01:42 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

i read somewhere that if you eat a mango an hour before your high there is a chemical in the mango that helps the thc get into your brain or something. Anyway i tested this myth by walking down to the store and getting a mango. i ate the mango, then an hour later i blazed a nice bowl of some dank blue dream. I can definitely say that the high was a little quicker to come on than normal and was a definitely feeling a little more toasted than expected from 1 bowl. My high lasted for a surprisingly longer time than usual as well. Whether this was a placebo or not it was awesome and i recommend trying this out the next time you come across a mango. I now eat a mango almost daily and always get nice rich highs :smile:

-peace

--------------------
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

You are God and I am You

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemellowparty
legitimate researcher

Re: mango myth tested [Re: Powdered_Toastman]
    #15681778 - 01/18/12 01:56 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

The problem is you have no reliable control to test this assumption. However, I've tried it before and I felt like I've OD cause I couldn't get up. Just lying there from half a joint waiting for it pass :lol:

--------------------

Offlineunderfliptown
I suck and you should kill me

Re: mango myth tested [Re: mellowparty]
    #15681812 - 01/18/12 02:14 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

mellowparty said:
The problem is you have no reliable control to test this assumption. However, I've tried it before and I felt like I've OD cause I couldn't get up. Just lying there from half a joint waiting for it pass :lol:

hahahaha! been there man!

No one likes weeds couch lock, just gotta let go and relax, which is easier said than done.

Offlinemellowparty
legitimate researcher

Re: mango myth tested [Re: underfliptown]
    #15681816 - 01/18/12 02:17 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I heard it takes a really ripe mango to deliver the most myrcene so I had an overripe one, a massive one. Ate it at once and in about 45-50mins I took maybe 4-5 puffs of some alright weed. Usually with that amount I'll just chill and browse the shroomery but damn my heart felt like its gonna explode and I was hearing voices and stuff :lol: It felt kinda bad at one point but I know I proved to myself that mango gets you fucked up so I was happy in a way haha.

--------------------

OfflineMcNel

Re: mango myth tested [Re: Powdered_Toastman] * 1
    #15681818 - 01/18/12 02:19 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Powdered_Toastman said:
I now eat a mango almost daily and always get nice rich highs :smile:

As well as an extra source of vitamins and other healthy aspects of eating mango

:grin:

OfflinedeXtrous
complete tool
Male

Loc: Australia
    #15681821 - 01/18/12 02:20 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Fuck! I heard about this in wintertime when mangoes weren't seasonal. Now it's summertime and I gotta try me this! Thanks for the reminder

Offlineunderfliptown

Re: mango myth tested [Re: deXtrous]
    #15681826 - 01/18/12 02:22 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

deXtrous said:
Fuck! I heard about this in wintertime when mangoes weren't seasonal. Now it's summertime and I gotta try me this! Thanks for the reminder

oh shit Australia has reverse summer!!! Holy shit that means i could just stay here for summer and then bounce to Australia once winter hits. Theres always summer!

OfflineVisionary Tools
Male User Gallery

#15681902 - 01/18/12 03:05 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

does anyone else think mango smells and tastes a bit like weed?

--------------------

InvisibleNWlight
Just look

Re: mango myth tested [Re: Visionary Tools]
    #15681907 - 01/18/12 03:11 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

wait... so you aren't joking :eek: must try

--------------------
:wizard::deemsters:

Invisiblethoughts
imagining.
Male User Gallery

Loc: here.
Re: mango myth tested [Re: NWlight]
    #15681911 - 01/18/12 03:18 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Mangos are the shit, it works.

--------------------
I need Jesus.

Offlinemellowparty
legitimate researcher

Re: mango myth tested [Re: thoughts]
    #15681914 - 01/18/12 03:21 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

The more gooey and mushy it is the better. Not rotten tho :lol:

--------------------

Offlinepropensity
۞̷ ̶۞̷ ̶
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Bedrock America
    #15681928 - 01/18/12 03:29 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Pretty sure its not a myth, seems to definitely potentiate weed IME.

And they're super delicious :smile2:

It's shit like this that christians should be pointing to to try and proselytize people.

--------------------

۞̷̛̗̗͉͇̰̅͒ͯͩ̆ͯ̑͘ ̶̖̭ͧ͛ͬ͑ͣͦ̍ͧ͐͟͢ www.cactophage.com ۞̷̛̗̗͉͇̰̅͒ͯͩ̆ͯ̑͘ ̶̖̭ͧ͛ͬ͑ͣͦ̍ͧ͐͟͢
̸ۨ͜۞̷̛̗̗͉͇̰̅͒ͯͩ̆ͯ̑͘ ̶̖̭ͧ͛ͬ͑ͣͦ̍ͧ͐͟Dolphins of Dank۞̷̛̗̗͉͇̰̅͒ͯͩ̆

Offlineunderfliptown

Re: mango myth tested [Re: propensity]
    #15681932 - 01/18/12 03:33 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

haha man i gotta try this. IM M3GA skeptical

Invisibleopenmind
curious
 User Gallery

Re: mango myth tested [Re: Powdered_Toastman] * 2
    #15681972 - 01/18/12 04:15 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Oh it definitely works :yesnod:...

I had a thread about it a while back, "The Mango Experiment", that I try to bump every once in a while for those that have not heard of this.

Like mellowparty pointed out, the reason it works is because ripe mangoes contain high concentrations of the terpene myrcene. This terpene is said to increase the amount of THC (and cannabinoids in general I assume) that passes the BBB. In my experience the high comes on almost instantly, and lasts longer.

Cannabis contains many terpenes that contribute to the effects. The terpenes are not active alone, but they can influence the effects of active cannabinoids. You can use all sorts of terpenes, found elsewhere in fruits and flowers, to influence and change the effects of cannabis. It is not placebo, they have recently started to experiment with terpene concentrates/tinctures to add in conjunction with medical cannabis. Doing this they can adapt the effects to specific needs or ailments, such as increasing the analgesic effects (B-Caryophyllene), or increasing the clarity of the mind (Limonene), and so on.

Terpenes are also what gives cannabis it's incredibly broad spectrum of aromas and flavors. The reason some strains smell and taste exactly like blueberries, or grapes, or lavender, or lemons, or pine, or coffee, or chocolate, and so on...Is because they contain the same exact terpenes as those fruits & flowers. The wide range of effects from cannabis, from feeling up lifted and high, to couch-locked and stoned, bad munchies sometimes, suppressed appetite other times, paranoid/racing thoughts, or completely relaxed and at peace, and so on....terpenes play a HUGE roll in this. And if I understand correctly, terpenes are the building blocks of the actual cannabinoids (THC, CDB, CBN, etc...)....

I have also experimented with using enzyme inhibitors, those that inhibit CYP2C9, which is what most (if not all?) cannabinoids are metabolized & broken down by...which seemed to produce a slightly intensified and extended high.

-OM

--------------------

Edited by openmind (01/18/12 04:21 AM)

InvisibleLegend
RIP Sasha
Male

Loc: TX Flag
Re: mango myth tested [Re: openmind]
    #15681981 - 01/18/12 04:21 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Been doing this for a long time now, and it for sure works.
Even with mango juice. And I believe there is a long  thread on the shroomery on this topic somewhere.

--------------------
No sympathy for the devil, keep that in mind.
[url=
]Buy the ticket, take the ride. [/url]
Are you lost?

Offlinemellowparty
legitimate researcher

#15681991 - 01/18/12 04:26 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

openmind said:
Oh it definitely works :yesnod:...

I had a thread about it a while back, "The Mango Experiment", that I try to bump every once in a while for those that have not heard of this.

Like mellowparty pointed out, the reason it works is because ripe mangoes contain high concentrations of the terpene myrcene. This terpene is said to increase the amount of THC (and cannabinoids in general I assume) that passes the BBB. In my experience the high comes on almost instantly, and lasts longer.

Cannabis contains many terpenes that contribute to the effects. The terpenes are not active alone, but they can influence the effects of active cannabinoids. You can use all sorts of terpenes, found elsewhere in fruits and flowers, to influence and change the effects of cannabis. It is not placebo, they have recently started to experiment with terpene concentrates/tinctures to add in conjunction with medical cannabis. Doing this they can adapt the effects to specific needs or ailments, such as increasing the analgesic effects (B-Caryophyllene), or increasing the clarity of the mind (Limonene), and so on.

Terpenes are also what gives cannabis it's incredibly broad spectrum of aromas and flavors. The reason some strains smell and taste exactly like blueberries, or grapes, or lavender, or lemons, or pine, or coffee, or chocolate, and so on...Is because they contain the same exact terpenes as those fruits & flowers. The wide range of effects from cannabis, from feeling up lifted and high, to couch-locked and stoned, bad munchies sometimes, suppressed appetite other times, paranoid/racing thoughts, or completely relaxed and at peace, and so on....terpenes play a HUGE roll in this. And if I understand correctly, terpenes are the building blocks of the actual cannabinoids (THC, CDB, CBN, etc...)....

I have also experimented with using enzyme inhibitors, those that inhibit CYP2C9, which is what most (if not all?) cannabinoids are metabolized & broken down by...which seemed to produce a slightly intensified and extended high.

-OM

Great post openmind :thumbup: You sure do know your weed science. I think it was your thread where I first learned about the mango thing. Its amazing how many chemicals have a combinatorial contribution to the type of high, some people are like "How many % THC breh" :lol: but damn its so complicated.

--------------------

OfflineRexter
Tripper

Loc: Florida Flag
    #15681994 - 01/18/12 04:34 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Ok what would increase the oral BA for oral THC cuz I have some marinol that is in need of An extra kick.

--------------------
new trade list 
my own WCA V: I

"Ha! Marshall you're so funny man You should be a comedian, god damn!" Unfortunately I am I just hide behind the tears of a clown"

Meteloides said:
Stick to naturally occurring substances! Like Shrooms! And DMT! And Datura! And Amanita Phalloides! And Nutmeg! And Hemlock!
That'll expand the shit out of your DNA.
:ancientaliens:

Offlinemellowparty
legitimate researcher

Re: mango myth tested [Re: Rexter]
    #15681996 - 01/18/12 04:36 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Rexter said:
Ok what would increase the oral BA for oral THC cuz I have some marinol that is in need of An extra kick.

One way to find out dude. Not sure if it would actually permeate your guts to the THC but it will help it get through the BBB as it was already pointed out. Go for it and report back.

--------------------

OfflineRexter
Tripper

Loc: Florida Flag
    #15682000 - 01/18/12 04:42 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

underfliptown said:
Quote:

deXtrous said:

oh shit Australia has reverse summer!!! Holy shit that means i could just stay here for summer and then bounce to Australia once winter hits. Theres always summer!

But what would inhibit CYP2C9?

--------------------
new trade list 
my own WCA V: I

"Ha! Marshall you're so funny man You should be a comedian, god damn!" Unfortunately I am I just hide behind the tears of a clown"

Meteloides said:
Stick to naturally occurring substances! Like Shrooms! And DMT! And Datura! And Amanita Phalloides! And Nutmeg! And Hemlock!
That'll expand the shit out of your DNA.
:ancientaliens:

Offlinemellowparty
legitimate researcher

Re: mango myth tested [Re: Rexter]
    #15682003 - 01/18/12 04:44 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

You might wanna get that confirmed but I think Ginko biloba extracts contain low-molecular weight inhibitors.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals