Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale, Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
Re: Repent! We are fallen. [Re: Heffy]
    #15680170 - 01/17/12 08:13 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Heffy said:
Yeah the bible has all kinds of great teachings to live by.

Deuteronomy 22:10 Thou shalt not plow with an ox and an ass together.

Psalms 2:8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.
2:9 Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.

Mark 6:11 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear you, when ye depart thence, shake off the dust under your feet for a testimony against them. Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.

Mark 10:25 It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God

Mark 10:29 And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel's,

Romans 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned.

I find it kind of silly to read the Bible as a set of commands when it was clearly intended for another culture at a very distant point in history.

Still, I love reading it. There's a lot to learn, and occasionally you find some legit deeper meaning shining through the archaic gobbledygook. Blizz-blazz and Him-ham. :rofl:

My favorite books are the ones which are true outside of a historical context - like Ecclesiastes and Psalms. The history is interesting, but too unreliable to be worth delving into too deeply. As a historical record the Bible has "fail" written all over it. It does, however, have a lot to offer in terms of literature, spiritual perspectives and philosophy. Most of it is pretty good to know.

Mark 10:25 It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God

Plus I like this one. I find it strange how subversive the Bible can be in a "Christian" society.

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

Edited by Sophistic Radiance (01/17/12 08:29 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleblkjkrabbit

Re: Repent! We are fallen. [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #15681021 - 01/17/12 10:30 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

BlindSophist said:
Quote:

Heffy said:
Yeah the bible has all kinds of great teachings to live by.

Deuteronomy 22:10 Thou shalt not plow with an ox and an ass together.

Psalms 2:8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.
2:9 Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.

Mark 6:11 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear you, when ye depart thence, shake off the dust under your feet for a testimony against them. Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.

Mark 10:29 And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel's,

Romans 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned.

I find it kind of silly to read the Bible as a set of commands when it was clearly intended for another culture at a very distant point in history.

Still, I love reading it. There's a lot to learn, and occasionally you find some legit deeper meaning shining through the archaic gobbledygook. Blizz-blazz and Him-ham. :rofl:

My favorite books are the ones which are true outside of a historical context - like Ecclesiastes and Psalms. The history is interesting, but too unreliable to be worth delving into too deeply. As a historical record the Bible has "fail" written all over it. It does, however, have a lot to offer in terms of literature, spiritual perspectives and philosophy. Most of it is pretty good to know.

Plus I like this one. I find it strange how subversive the Bible can be in a "Christian" society.

I believe if you accept Jesus Christ as your savior, then the Commandments of the Bible are applicable to you at any point in time, in any country.

Free sVs!
Female

Re: Repent! We are fallen. [Re: blkjkrabbit]
    #15681062 - 01/17/12 10:38 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Like most Bible thumpers, you don't know your source material.

The epistles of Paul in the NT relieve the Christian community of the Jewish commandments, and actually of all commandments aside from believing in Jesus. There's a laid-back "Take 'em or leave 'em" attitude in the Christian approach to commandments.

Have you read Leviticus? Deuteronomy? Numbers? It wouldn't even be possible to follow most of the Bible's commandments in modern times.

--------------------
Enlil said:

OfflineNetDiver
Wandering Mindfuck

Loc: Everywhere and Nowhere
    #15681065 - 01/17/12 10:39 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I was raised reading the Bible. I have read the whole thing in fact. It is 99% nonsense, .5% historical tidbits, and .5% poetry that's actually worth reading. It is full of logical fallacies and contradictions. No matter how strongly you believe in it, or what that belief did for you (getting you off drugs or whatever the fuck) it is simply not true.

Not that you'll actually read this; blind faith requires closing your ears to all other viewpoints.

--------------------

Invisibleblkjkrabbit

Re: Repent! We are fallen. [Re: NetDiver]
    #15681109 - 01/17/12 10:47 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Matthew 5
Introduction to the Sermon on the Mount
1 Now when Jesus saw the crowds, he went up on a mountainside and sat down. His disciples came to him, 2 and he began to teach them.
The Beatitudes
    He said:

3 “Blessed are the poor in spirit,
  for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
4 Blessed are those who mourn,
  for they will be comforted.
5 Blessed are the meek,
  for they will inherit the earth.
6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
  for they will be filled.
7 Blessed are the merciful,
  for they will be shown mercy.
8 Blessed are the pure in heart,
  for they will see God.
9 Blessed are the peacemakers,
  for they will be called children of God.
10 Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness,
  for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

11 “Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. 12 Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.
Salt and Light
    13 “You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot.

14 “You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.
The Fulfillment of the Law
    17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19 Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20 For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.
Murder
    21 “You have heard that it was said to the people long ago, ‘You shall not murder,[a] and anyone who murders will be subject to judgment.’ 22 But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister[c] will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister, ‘Raca,’[d] is answerable to the court. And anyone who says, ‘You fool!’ will be in danger of the fire of hell.

23 “Therefore, if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother or sister has something against you, 24 leave your gift there in front of the altar. First go and be reconciled to them; then come and offer your gift.

25 “Settle matters quickly with your adversary who is taking you to court. Do it while you are still together on the way, or your adversary may hand you over to the judge, and the judge may hand you over to the officer, and you may be thrown into prison. 26 Truly I tell you, you will not get out until you have paid the last penny.
Adultery
    27 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’[e] 28 But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart. 29 If your right eye causes you to stumble, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell. 30 And if your right hand causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell.
Divorce
    31 “It has been said, ‘Anyone who divorces his wife must give her a certificate of divorce.’[f] 32 But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, makes her the victim of adultery, and anyone who marries a divorced woman commits adultery.
Oaths
    33 “Again, you have heard that it was said to the people long ago, ‘Do not break your oath, but fulfill to the Lord the vows you have made.’ 34 But I tell you, do not swear an oath at all: either by heaven, for it is God’s throne; 35 or by the earth, for it is his footstool; or by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the Great King. 36 And do not swear by your head, for you cannot make even one hair white or black. 37 All you need to say is simply ‘Yes’ or ‘No’; anything beyond this comes from the evil one.[g]
Eye for Eye
    38 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’[h] 39 But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also. 40 And if anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, hand over your coat as well. 41 If anyone forces you to go one mile, go with them two miles. 42 Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you.
Love for Enemies
    43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

OfflineNetDiver
Wandering Mindfuck

Loc: Everywhere and Nowhere
    #15681128 - 01/17/12 10:50 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Yyyyyep.

Tip: Spend less time copy-pasting, and more actually listening to the people you're trying to convert. Might work a little better than just shoving huge walls of text in their faces.

--------------------

Free sVs!
Female

#15681137 - 01/17/12 10:51 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Galatians chapter 2.

Quote:

[16] Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.
[17] But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid.
[18] For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor.
[19] For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God.
[20] I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
[21] I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

I don't know if you're serious about your faith or not but please stop propagating your shitty ignorance of your own religion. :gc:

--------------------
Enlil said:

InvisibleSOLID BASTARD
Hella Vampires

Loc: 127.0.0.1
    #15681154 - 01/17/12 10:54 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I was really hoping I killed this thread with my last post. :blowmybrainsout:

Free sVs!
Female

Re: Repent! We are fallen. [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #15681158 - 01/17/12 10:54 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Chapter 3...

Quote:

[13] Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:
[14] That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

I guess it's a bit much expecting Christians to read the Bible.

--------------------
Enlil said:

OfflineRonaldFuckingPaul
Our Dear Leader
Male User Gallery

Loc: Straight Outta Compton Flag
Re: Repent! We are fallen. [Re: NetDiver]
    #15681161 - 01/17/12 10:54 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Samurai Drifter said:
I was raised reading the Bible. I have read the whole thing in fact. It is 99% nonsense, .5% historical tidbits, and .5% poetry that's actually worth reading. It is full of logical fallacies and contradictions. No matter how strongly you believe in it, or what that belief did for you (getting you off drugs or whatever the fuck) it is simply not true.

Not that you'll actually read this; blind faith requires closing your ears to all other viewpoints.

I actually haven't read the whole thing yet.  Maybe like 28% I've read.  It's fucking boring as fuck for the most part.  There's some interesting shit though like in Ecclesiastes.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale, Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale