Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewhite_rabbit
alice in wonderland
vac sealer for freash mushie?
    #1377150 - 03/14/03 10:45 PM (21 years, 10 days ago)

how long can u keep freash mushies if u go out and buy one of those vac sealers?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMrBump
Third prize is you're fired
 User Gallery

Loc: Denver, Colorado
Re: vac sealer for freash mushie? [Re: white_rabbit]
    #1377931 - 03/15/03 08:26 AM (21 years, 9 days ago)

My friend Chunk has a Foodsaver 350 vacuum sealer and sealed about 30 gr. wet texas strain and tossed them in the fridge to store. When he cut open the bag a few days later, the mushrooms were all bruised and soggy (overall really nasty to consume and they took on a dark blue/black color.) this is the one and only time he tried to save his shrooms this way and would not recommend it, at least he wont try it again himself. However, saving properly dried shrooms in vacuum sealed pouches is perfect and it seems to save his shrooms indefinitely...

--------------------
If it weren't for the bloody corpses, I wouldn't have any corpses at all.

There are two ways to get to the top of an oak tree: start climbing or sit on an acorn.

Are you a carrot, an egg, or a coffee bean?

Offlinegoaskalice
Puka Pupil

Loc: Deep South
Re: vac sealer for freash mushie? [Re: MrBump]
    #1567622 - 05/21/03 10:16 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I've been drying my shrooms before I store them and was planning on getting a vacuum sealer to extend the storage time. They really shrink a lot, and I'm not sure how much to take for a "moderate" dose?? This is the way I think I should figure it: if the shrooms shrink 90%, then I should weigh a few of them and when I get 10% of 5 grams, that should be about right. Right? I won't mind if I take a little too much, anyway! Last time I gathered a few, washed them a little, boiled them with 1 cup of water for 5 minutes and mixed the juice with kool-aid. It was very pleasant, and very potent...at least, enough for me!!

OfflineDSD
devil

Loc: Bad,Bad person - minus ...
Re: vac sealer for freash mushie? [Re: goaskalice]
    #1567907 - 05/21/03 11:54 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

GOASKALICE
i read your post 4 times and still don't know what fucking method or calculation or mathmatical equation you are getting at.dry your shrooms until they are completely dry ( use dry rid or some thing simillar ) and then maybe do 1 gram depending on your previous experience - and then go from there. if you've done good acid or shrooms in the past 1 gram may not be enough. BUT start w/ a lo dose and judge from there !! once again, start w/ a low dose - the potency of shrooms depends on many things. IF you acheived the desired results from your last experience use that same formula, whatever it was.

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: vac sealer for fresh mushie? [Re: goaskalice]
    #1568171 - 05/22/03 01:26 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

>This is the way I think I should figure it: if the shrooms shrink 90%, then I should
>weigh a few of them and when I get 10% of 5 grams, that should be about right.
>Right?

No.
A starting dose if you never took mushrooms before is around 1.5 g DRY, which is around 15 g fresh.

Offlinegoaskalice
Puka Pupil

Loc: Deep South
Re: vac sealer for fresh mushie? [Re: Anno]
    #1572190 - 05/23/03 01:15 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Thnx, DSD & Anno...I'll just experiment. My shrooms are potent enough for me. Take too many and 3 itty bitty steps is a very long journey!!

OfflineNoFuture
RegressingForward

Loc: MA
Re: vac sealer for freash mushie? [Re: DSD]
    #1572563 - 05/23/03 03:35 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Last time I gathered a few, washed them a little, boiled them with 1 cup of water for 5 minutes and mixed the juice with kool-aid.

doesnt heat deystroy psylsibin ( no i cant spell )  :grin: 

Offlineshroomizzy
Souless
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Center of the Room
Re: vac sealer for freash mushie? [Re: NoFuture]
    #1573559 - 05/23/03 10:47 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

yes it does

--------------------
:::::Sincerely Yours, I disown you:::::

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag