Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGWAR
Scumdog of theUniverse
 User Gallery

Loc: Antarctica
can i use dry grass as straw outdoors?
    #1567583 - 05/21/03 10:01 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

ok, i dont mean dry grass like your lawn clippings or someting, but tall hollow grass that grows in my yard, its all dried out and it looks like straw, me and my friend figured itd work just fine.

also, instead of using woodchips for stuff, dont u guys think bark off of trees would work good?

--------------------

"Freedom to all the people... Brave, true and strong... Freedom to all the people... Unless I think you're wrong!!!"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebiglo
Shroomery BabySitter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: US of A
Re: can i use dry grass as straw outdoors? [Re: GWAR]
    #1567595 - 05/21/03 10:06 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Dunno about the grass, but it sounds workable! As far as bark, I wouldn't do that, all bark is is basically cork, which probably doesn't have much nutritional value, the actual woodchips are from the insides of the tree, where the water and nutrients are transferred, all bark does is for basically a scab over the whole tree to protect the insides from the elements. Good luck!

OfflineGWAR
Scumdog of theUniverse
 User Gallery

Loc: Antarctica
Re: can i use dry grass as straw outdoors? [Re: biglo]
    #1567617 - 05/21/03 10:15 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

thanks! ill give the grass thing a shot, id imagine itd work, since its the shit that really matters in outdoors, isnt it?

forgive me if im wrong, but i still think that bark may have some nutritional value as beavers eat that stuff.... where i live there is beavers damming up my damned creek, and they leave sticks lying around with all the bark nawed off...

--------------------

"Freedom to all the people... Brave, true and strong... Freedom to all the people... Unless I think you're wrong!!!"

Invisiblefizzacyst
SlimJimConnoisseur
Loc: somewhere over the rainbo...
Re: can i use dry grass as straw outdoors? [Re: GWAR]
    #1568451 - 05/22/03 06:02 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

a foaf used that type stuff for straw log. it colonized well... but contam'ed 5 days into fruiting. (not saying it was the straws fault).dont know about how well it fruits, but it colonizes well.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds