Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offliner00tg04t
the main event

Loc: Canada
Help with hallucinating
    #1566715 - 05/21/03 05:11 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Hey, first time posting on these forums, although I've been reading stories for a while. I decided to come here to get all the information I needed before I munched my first time. I didn't expect to see anything, and I was right, it just felt like I was on a really intense weed high. The seccond time I munched, I munched an eigth (a HQ) all at once in my buddies basement. I came to his house around 9, finished munching at 9:10, they kicked in around 10. The whole night, I was expecting to see hallucination after hallucination like everyone else I talked to did, but I didnt. I was a little disappointed, sold half of what I had left of my smokes (about a deck) for 2.50 and bought another gram for 5 bux. Still didnt see anything. At this time, I was REALLY mellow, didn't feel like ever getting off my buddies couch, (but I did, I was finding stuff to throw at my buddy who passed out >=P) We scavenged my buddies basement for lost roaches, anything, but all we found was a roach from my buddy who passed out earlier that night. We re-rolled it, less then a pinner,  2hits each on 3 heads (SMALL hits) and I still didnt see shit, I didn't expect the weed to do anything for me, and it didn't, but hey, a free roach, why not?

Anyways, the only thing I saw that night were on his curtains, the shadows looked like they were moving slightly, big whoop, my buddies were stare'n at the cieling saying the insulation was moving around and forming patterns with crazy colours. I looked up, it looked normal, I started to get pissed. I eventually went to sleep, only seeing one slight hallucination, if the curtain thing even counts as one, I don't know, but that's all I saw.

The day after, my buddy grabbed shrooms again, and I munched just a bit less then a HQ, and didn't feel ANYTHING. My stomach felt uneasy for a while, then I got HUGE leg cramps. We were in his garage when we munched, we got bored out there, and went in to watch TV. Almost 2 hours after I munched, we bought a spliff off my friends dad, and took it in the bong. I had maybe 3 SMALL bowls, next to nothing actually. I started to get high, and then the shrooms kicked in. I was a little pissed since I figured I was just peaking, and the feeling would go away in 30 min, and It did. I decided to walk home about 30 min after I munched maybe 0.7 grams of my buddies shrooms who felt sorry for me because I was pretty much sober. I didnt see any shit either. My buddy gave me some vitamin C, but that was pretty much after my buzz was gone, so I didn't know if it worked or not. On the way home, I felt different, like I wanted to over analyze everything, yet my mind was in a mental block, and I couldnt think of anything. This happened when we were watching TV aswell, We were watching Rambo II, and I didnt get it, ya wtf, there's nothing to get, its almost exactly like the first one, but I didn't understand any of it, yah....

The next time I munch, which is most likely this weekend, I'm going to munch 10 grams. I'm tired of being the one who sobers up first, and see's nothing at all. I might even munch more then 10, I'm not sure yet, but I'm going to have a HQ of chronic on 2 heads anyways.

People tell me blazing helps and doesnt help your buzz, it helps me for sure, as it kept me going till 7 in the morning when I munched at 9pm before. Vitamin C I'm not too sure if it works or not, but at this point, I'm willing to try anything. I've spent alot of money and alot of time trying to get some shrooms, and I dont hallucinate that much. If any of you have any suggestions please post them here.

Where we normally chill and trip looks like this:
Theres a couch, 1 comfy chair, and 1 not so bad blue chair. It's in a room under his garage, and a door that leads out, or to the cold celler, which is where we normally smoke up. We can have smokes in the room under the garage, just no weed, it'll reak up the place.
There's about a 35-42 inch TV, we have a DVD player, VCR, Game Cube, and Dreamcast (all the classic arcade games like, MVC2, SF 3rd Strike, etc..) and it's nice and warm, never too cold down there.
The only thing we don't have there is a fridge, microwave, and as much munchies as we can eat. We normally go out to grab those quick anyways.

Our "trip room" is pretty well off, we normally pump techno, or some other trance/rave music. What we find REALLY trippy is the Shpongle - Divine Moments Of Truth song, except we don't know how 2 put repeat on his CD player, so we just let the whole CD go through and press play once every hour and a half.

I don't understand how my friends can see tons of shit, while I see shadows moving for like 10 secconds. Please, suggest ANYTHING that's helped you before in your tripping experiances, I'm willing to try anything, ANYTHING! :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: 

--------------------
Bro'z b4 Hoe'z

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: Help with hallucinating [Re: r00tg04t]
    #1567200 - 05/21/03 08:09 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

It took me a while to hallucinate too. I recently hallucinated for the first time on shrooms. I took two large shrooms dry. I saw all the colors of the rainbow overlayed over everything. When I looked in the mirror, I could see my face morphing somewhat. Anyway, don't sweat it. Just keep trying, and if you can't get there, try a stronger dose. Also, try looking at the textures of different objects. That did it for me when I was on H.B. Woodrose seeds.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1567250 - 05/21/03 08:22 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

ok man first of all you need to relax.. stop trying so hard lol..

I don't think you're going to trip very hard if you keep taking them with such frequency - space out the trips, and each one will summon more "magic" for you.

Take your dose and turn off all lights - lay in silence with your eyes closed.

How many people are you tripping with? It sounds like they may be distracting you.

don't forget: CLOSE YOUR EYES during Shpongle and RELAX.. let go.... stop looking for it and start watching it.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

InvisibleKOPELANDIAA
Stranger
Loc: under a pine
Re: Help with hallucinating [Re: Strumpling]
    #1567273 - 05/21/03 08:26 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

hallucinations are just a detail of the trip...and stop watching Rambo when you eat shrooms...it is supposed to be sacred !  :wink:

Offliner00tg04t
the main event

Re: Help with hallucinating [Re: KOPELANDIAA]
    #1567444 - 05/21/03 09:15 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

There were 6 people when I munched, 1 of them went home around 11:30... that could be why. I might of been concentrating too much on throwing stuff at my buddy who passed out to do anything else, because when I saw the shadows moving, I was thinking about it I was like "that's not right, it looks pretty trippy though" and I started thinking about seeing it, and I never saw it. It might be because I was too up tight, so I'll relax next time. I know It's not good to munch every week as you'll build up a tolerance over time, but my buddy only gets a hold of shrooms every once in a while, like 2 or 3 months, so I want to take advantage of it while I can.

I'm going to start a box operation anyways, grow half an ounce a month, limit me to shrooming with long periods of breaks inbetween them. Tolerance is not really a factor here, since that friday night there was about 3 month difference between my first and seccond time. I guess I just need to relax more. I did remember I was stressing over the fact that I had hardly any smokes left, maybe thats why I didnt see anything.

--------------------
Bro'z b4 Hoe'z

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
    #1567523 - 05/21/03 09:41 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Since you said you can only get shrooms in this 2 - 3 month gap, buy a nice bulk (2 ozs...maybe more) and dry them all, completely cracker dry, and store them in airtight container. That way, you can space your trips out more, without having to worry about not getting anymore shrooms, and you can trip when it's out of season.
When it comes to visuals, you just have to relax, don't try and find them. They should just appear. Take a break for a few weeks, then eat something like 4 dry grams, and just relax. See what happens :wink: 

Offlinest0nedphucker
Rogue State
Male
Loc: Wales (yes it is a countr...
Re: Help with hallucinating [Re: Sheepish]
    #1568763 - 05/22/03 09:28 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I agree with Sheepish, dry your shrooms. I cant explain it scientifically but I have eaten large doses (10-12g) of wet shrooms and barely tripped, however I have tripped hard on average doses of dry mushrooms (7g). What species are the ones you took?
Also shrooms are very unpredictable, I took 7g of dried p. semilceata and had an intensely visual trip (CEV's), however my most recent trip I took 13g (one lot of 8g and then another 5g half an hour later) and had hardly any visuals whatsoever but a big mindfuck. Just chill and let the shrooms take you to whatever destination they have planned

--------------------
The punishment which the wise suffer, who refuse to take part in government, is to live under the government of worse men.

InvisibleOctopusDr
Octi Doci

Re: Help with hallucinating [Re: st0nedphucker]
    #1568786 - 05/22/03 09:38 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

I cant explain it scientifically but I have eaten large doses (10-12g) of wet shrooms and barely tripped, however I have tripped hard on average doses of dry mushrooms (7g).

Look at what you wrote.

10-12grams wet is a very low dose. It would come out to about 1 gram dry.

7grams dry is a huge dose man and far from average.

When your mushrooms are fresh most of the weight is water.

Offlinetooky
ol' smokeyglazed eyes

#1568787 - 05/22/03 09:38 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

I agree with Sheepish, dry your shrooms. I cant explain it scientifically but I have eaten large doses (10-12g) of wet shrooms and barely tripped, however I have tripped hard on average doses of dry mushrooms (7g). What species are the ones you took?

10-12g of wet shrooms is like just over 1g of dry. 30g of wet is a 'normal' dose (p. cubensis)

--------------------
--
"Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life."

- Terry Pratchett, Jingo, 1997

Offlinest0nedphucker
Rogue State
Male
Loc: Wales (yes it is a countr...
Re: Help with hallucinating [Re: OctopusDr]
    #1568806 - 05/22/03 09:47 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

In my experience 7 grams isn't a large dose. The p. semilceata I pick are either of low potency or I have a large tolerance for psilocybin. As for 10-12 grams of what shrooms would come out as 1g of dry. I have never weighed a dose while wet and then again when dry as I usually measure my dose just before I take it, but I will do it the next time I have shrooms, to see if there is such a big drop in weight.
"When your mushrooms are fresh most of the weight is water" is definitely a true statement, but to be honest Id never really given it much thought as I have only dosed off wet shrooms twice.

--------------------
The punishment which the wise suffer, who refuse to take part in government, is to live under the government of worse men.

InvisibleOctopusDr
Octi Doci

#1568827 - 05/22/03 10:01 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Look at the dosage calculator:

Psilocybe Semilanceata (DRY)
Level one: 0.68g
Level two: 1.156g
Level three: 2.04g
Level four: 3.129g
Level five: 4.217g

I know people have disagreements with the calculator but it give a good base to start from.

Offlinetooky
ol' smokeyglazed eyes

#1568828 - 05/22/03 10:01 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

10g of any wet shrooms will dry to rouglhly 1g of dry as a mushroom is 90% water. So a comparable dry dose is 10% of the weight of a wet dose, as a general rule of thumb.

--------------------
--
"Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life."

- Terry Pratchett, Jingo, 1997

Offliner00tg04t
the main event

Re: Help with hallucinating [Re: tooky]
    #1569919 - 05/22/03 05:01 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I did munch all those shrooms dry. I never thought of munching wet shrooms as when they dry, the weight won't come EXACTLY to what you think it is. May be more, may be ALOT less, and I don't like taking chances with my money.
I guess now seeing halucinations is just like a random factor. I guess you need to be in the right mindset, and just be in a REALLY relaxed mood, and not overthink. I'll try to relax this weekend when I munch again, and I'll let you know what happens...

--------------------
Bro'z b4 Hoe'z

OfflineGanjaManDan
Blazin' Phatties
Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #1569990 - 05/22/03 05:40 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Yo Al!  It's Dan.. Man I hope I can munch 10g's with you.. I'll probably only do 8.5 tho... :smile:

OfflineFingies
Stranger
Re: Help with hallucinating [Re: GanjaManDan]
    #1570358 - 05/22/03 08:22 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I highly disagree with that trip calculator. I've munched roughly 5 times now. The most I've munched is 5 grams and I've experienced a lvl 2- low lvl 3 trip. There is no way u can hit a lvl 5 in less then 5 grams, its just not possible. (Unless its like some boom shrooms from Japan).

- Fingies

Offliner00tg04t
the main event

Re: Help with hallucinating [Re: Fingies]
    #1570381 - 05/22/03 08:33 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

At first I thought it was because the shrooms weren't boom enough, but off the same shrooms, GanjaManDan and Fingies were fucked out of their minds, seeing tons of shit. We gave some of them to our buddy for his first time, he had rougly 2 grams, and was out of it.

He passed out, woke up about 1 seccond later, we told him the house was on fire, and he believed us. He said he saw like smoke and firey things, and he felt really really hot and he said his afro was on fire. I don't think it's the quality of the shrooms, it might just be I'm not taking a high enough dosage.

Friday I'm going to munch 10 grams, if I don't see anything, there might be something wrong with my mindset on munching shrooms.

--------------------
Bro'z b4 Hoe'z

InvisibleOctopusDr
Octi Doci

#1570944 - 05/22/03 11:48 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

wtf are you guys talking about?

OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Loc: The Desert
    #1570960 - 05/22/03 11:52 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

10 dried grams?
This is your third trip, correct?

My advice, Don't. not 10 grams....
that's quite a jump, and even for an experienced shroomer, that's a lot of fuckin mushrooms. hey, do em if you want, make sure there's a nice amount of time between then and your last trip. It will take a good 2-3 weeks for a dose to give it's normal effects, otherwise plan on taking twice as much as you wanted, to get the same effect (big waste). In addition, the psychedelic world never gets too familiar if you don't do them too often.

The first time my buddy tripped, he was convinced he didn't feel anything, when the rest of us were floored. He hit a joint, and things took off. I'm sure there can be such a psychological control that you can try so hard to feel something, you ignore everything.

Try a level 3 trip, a nice 3-4 grams. smoke a joint, close your eyes, listen to some music and forget you ever took em. That has always been the most pleasant way for me to come up--'what the.. ooh yeah i ate mushrooms... that's right'

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

Edited by Blastrid (05/22/03 11:54 PM)

Offlinenfshroomer
NewfoundlandShroomer
 User Gallery

Loc: St. John's, Newfoundland
Re: Help with hallucinating [Re: Blastrid]
    #1571068 - 05/23/03 12:30 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Blastrid: let the kids do the 10 grams, they'll learn their lesson. :smile:

Guys: you've been getting good advice... don't trip too much in too short a span, there's a thing called tolerance and it gets built up VERY quickly with psilocybin IIRC. Shrooming even later in the same night can sometimes not have any effect. The next day is definitely in the zone of tolerance.

st0nedphucker: if you're talking about having taken 7 grams dry Semis, and DIDN'T have to carefully piece together your psyche 5 hours later, you're a better man than I. That, or you weren't eating Semis. Our local ones, at least, will rip you a new asshole at half that weight. 

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
    #1571136 - 05/23/03 12:54 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I didn't read the whole thread but there are several things which I *think* contribute to hallucinations during a trip

1. Darkness
2. Be outside - technology, especially TV.. will seriously hinder any hallucinations you may have
3. Close your eyes
4. Go outside, chill with some trees, and eat a higher dose next time.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder