Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
placement of timothy hay cob tek
    #1563100 - 05/20/03 01:50 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I think the timothy hay cob tek should be moved to the questionable teks section. Everybody with experience knows that all types of hay, timothy hay included, are questionable at best in regards to the usage for our hobby.

I can't count how many people I've been contacted by who wanted advice on that method. I tell them not to use it. They insist that they have to for some various reasons. I try to help as much as I can, but they almost always fail (with a few exceptions). Bacterial contamination. Due to the substrate, not the methodology. Hay is just too hot to be used with any reliability in the manner described in the tek.

Sure, a few people may have gotten it to work. But far more people have failed, at least that I know of.

I think at the very least, some critique should be added at the end of the tek, but I feel either way that the teks rightful place is in the questionable section.

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: placement of timothy hay cob tek [Re: mycofile]
    #1564921 - 05/21/03 01:40 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

>some critique should be added at the end of the tek
Please feel free to post a comment on it by clicking the "comment" link at the bottom of the tek.
http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/7933

I moved it to the questionable techniques.

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Re: placement of timothy hay cob tek [Re: Anno]
    #1566882 - 05/21/03 06:18 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Sweet, didn't notice I could comment.....guess I have a lot more stuff I can read now......

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate