Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineMorphogenesis
Theatre Semiotics

Loc: ∞
Buncha damn kids munchin' on fungus.
    #15659060 - 01/13/12 06:00 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

If the experience is timeless and transpersonal, why is the contemporary (forget traditional for a moment) usage of mushrooms - and many other psychedelics - confined to a younger age group?

We know experimentation usually peaks around late adolescence and early adulthood. Also, "rites of passage" entail sexual endeavors, traveling, analysis of your theory of self, and drug use."

I understand how life can be like a novel, and once you've read and digested the lessons from one page you move on to the next. But I'm curious if embracing this psychedelic page is indicative of being on the edge of the mystery, or is just attachment to one of the many cycles of growth that humans go through - and ours just happened to include a verbose mushroom chapter.

--------------------
Machine Age Maya

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRenzoSupreme
Can you feel the heat, brother?
 User Gallery

Re: Buncha damn kids munchin' on fungus. [Re: Morphogenesis]
    #15659099 - 01/13/12 06:31 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I kinda see what you're getting at here..
I'm not really sure how to answer that question, because theres so many variables..
For me, the experimentation phase came and went a long time ago.. Its not something I am 'experimenting' with anymore, just something I do.

--------------------

OfflineMorphogenesis
Theatre Semiotics

Re: Buncha damn kids munchin' on fungus. [Re: RenzoSupreme] * 1
    #15659114 - 01/13/12 06:44 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Why don't most old people take psychedelics?

:randysavage:

--------------------
Machine Age Maya

InvisibleRenzoSupreme
 User Gallery

Re: Buncha damn kids munchin' on fungus. [Re: Morphogenesis] * 1
    #15659124 - 01/13/12 06:49 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Because they're faggots, and they're affraid to die. . .

I'm glad you said most.  I did dose with a 72 year old man a couple years go, and it was fucking awesome.  BAD motherfucker, he was.

--------------------

OfflineMorphogenesis
Theatre Semiotics

Re: Buncha damn kids munchin' on fungus. [Re: RenzoSupreme]
    #15659135 - 01/13/12 06:54 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

RenzoSupreme said:

I'm glad you said most.  I did dose with a 72 year old man a couple years go, and it was fucking awesome.  BAD motherfucker, he was.

It's funny your response pretty much mirrors my thought processes in replying to you. I quickly edited my post to say "most" to make room for luminaries like Shulgin, Grof, Leary, and other old cowboys.

And as I submitted I was thinking about how the ego, after many years of development and conviction, grows deep into the ground like some thick ass roots embedded in the soil.

"Don't take me away in pieces!"

:royalrainbow:

--------------------
Machine Age Maya

InvisibleRenzoSupreme
 User Gallery

#15659242 - 01/13/12 07:28 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Morphogenesis said:
Quote:

RenzoSupreme said:

It's funny your response pretty much mirrors my thought processes in replying to you. I quickly edited my post to say "most" to make room for luminaries like Shulgin, Grof, Leary, and other old cowboys.

And as I submitted I was thinking about how the ego, after many years of development and conviction, grows deep into the ground like some thick ass roots embedded in the soil.

"Don't take me away in pieces!"

:royalrainbow:

And then you post the katamari forever graemlin?  You're reading my thoughts, buddy! Just played a round of roll em up!

Anyways, you talk like a psych major.. I was once a psych major.. Then I realized how messed up I am, and how awesome I would be just building; creating; thinking. 

I've got too much white noise/static on the back-channel to be 'analyzing' anything but myself.. [A really good topic of conversation sometime]

You should have met this old man I balled with. I worked for him and his girlfriend for several years.  Last I heard, they sold part of the company, and had a nice 2mil. cushion to set up on.

Guy could ride his bike every bit as fast, and as far as I could.  This guy was from Massachusetts; sailed a boat all the way around the world.  Two-time engineering degree, including a tech-engineering deg. from MIT.  Worked in weapons development during the 70's. 

WICKED intelligent and sharp-witted. Not like most 55 year old boring socialites you meet.  [slow for memories.  slow to 'catch on'. repetitive etc..] The shit he talked about bent my mind. His girlfriend, much younger, and hotter, [did not partake] was the head of a fairly reputable grass-roots political campaign.

SUPER strong, and healthy.  Like I'm not joking, this guy could break me in half. Usually, when I badger-out with people, I'm the one doing all the talking, entertaining, operating of sophisticated equipment [stereos, tv's, amps etc].  It was a nice change of pace for me at the time.  I felt like a child again.  I sat, and I fucking LISTENED until the sun came up. 

It left me thinking 'I will NEVER grow up..'

Seriously, fuck these boring middle-class assholes; trying to dictate what 'America' is.  Go to college, [insert: experiment with drugs/alcohol/sex] get a wife, have babies, work your fingers to the bone, get a big mortgage and a mini-van.  Get a dog and an R.V.  Take up bird-watching. 

Fuck..That.. Okay, this guy was 72 years old, and half of what he talked about was fucking bitches.  It was a repulsing thought, to think of this guy, who looked like George Washington, fucking these hot little groupies; who cares?  72 years old, still has a functional cock; makes bitches cum like *snaps fingers*.

I'm not saying I want to be exactly like my old buddy, but I'm saying he's got the right idea.  My guess, he's still riding his bike, or driving one of his four euro sports cars, still runnin shit.  [He was my boss, btw].

I'm out of thoughts for now.  You talk now.

--------------------

InvisibleRenzoSupreme
 User Gallery

#15659256 - 01/13/12 07:33 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

You also sound like an anthro major; 'rites of passage' and shit.

Are drugs a 'rite of passage' in this country?
I think not.  I know more 'men' who haven't ever partaken, than it takes to make that claim.  For some, maybe.. Depends on who's asking..
When I think of who's asking, I think

--------------------

OfflineMorphogenesis
Theatre Semiotics

#15659334 - 01/13/12 08:00 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Older people usually have had their identities on the social anvil for so long that their sidewalk becomes a nice, sturdy groove - kind of like how monkeys wear a trail in their zoo cages from pacing too much.

Creative wit and sharp intellect is fueled by the heart, I've found. So the older folks who still burn bright with knowledge and productivity (making life, not cycling paperweights in the office) are usually those who are enamored with something. They're passionate, they listen to other people, they laugh. My grandmother, for one, is actually a fucking riot: she's like a wild old sage that is more open-minded than some of the college pricks I graduated with who think philosophy is on page 423.

"Rites of passage" is a Campbell-esque way to look at psychedelics. I think these rites still exist in society and are mainly just centered around highly stressful situations that simultaneously reinforce both your independence from everyone, and your entanglement in the social web. Whether it's a journey to backpack in Asia, getting arrested, moving out of the house, getting a girl pregnant, etc. At some point in life we get some mud on our boots. A major difference is that these days they're so accidental and haphazard. No one really guides people through this shit, so we end up with school shootings.

--------------------
Machine Age Maya

InvisibleRenzoSupreme
 User Gallery

#15659349 - 01/13/12 08:07 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Morphogenesis said:
Older people usually have had their identities on the social anvil for so long that their sidewalk becomes a nice, sturdy groove - kind of like how monkeys wear a trail in their zoo cages from pacing too much.

I like that, alot. 
Your wit is vivid. 

The social anvil.  I've always refereed to it as 'the slab'. 
Still, I'm not a lamb on the stone.  I'm my very own design of sexual-tyrannosaur.

--------------------

OfflineSkeksis
Stranger

#15659354 - 01/13/12 08:09 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

It seems most people here on this board hold an extreme hatred for the younger age group (18-22) who are still in their "experimenting" phase.

InvisibleRenzoSupreme
 User Gallery

Re: Buncha damn kids munchin' on fungus. [Re: Skeksis]
    #15659377 - 01/13/12 08:20 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Skeksis said:
It seems most people here on this board hold an extreme hatred for the younger age group (18-22) who are still in their "experimenting" phase.

Well, that age group is hard not to get annoyed with.  I won't even go into it, because I think its really obvious why that is the case. Still, I think one of the more annoying things about them, is that they think drug use is something to brag about.  Like it makes you 'cool' or something.  They tend to think that if they do the same drugs as someone older, that it immediately scores them points.  No, you've got to earn them the old fashioned way, and you'll realize it at some point.  "nice" doesn't always count.  When not being stupid, isn't enough, and so on. 

I know kids that are 16 that have earned their stripes, and I know 50 year olds, that have not. 

That said, I'm glad you used a soft word like 'most'.  I for one, love people in that age group, if their head is on strait.  So much emotion and energy.  People are fucking beautiful at that age. (especially girls)

That said, you shouldn't use hard words like 'extreme' or even 'hatred'.  I'd go with something soft like, 'a certain degree of contempt' or something....

--------------------

Edited by RenzoSupreme (01/13/12 08:21 AM)

InvisibleRenzoSupreme
 User Gallery

#15659385 - 01/13/12 08:22 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

"Extreme hatred" is something so dark, you shouldn't ever use it in reference to anyone but your true enemies.

Whats with kids reaching for the 'top-shelf' vocabulary on everything these days??

--------------------

OfflineMorphogenesis
Theatre Semiotics

#15659388 - 01/13/12 08:23 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Skeksis said:

Nope, it's just important to reiterate the 'phase' aspect though, less the young bucks believe they've wrapped their nets around some big fish. The bigger secret that lies in the next age group is that you are the fish. The joke was just letting you sit in the captain's chair for awhile. :lol:

Quote:

RenzoSupreme said:
I'm my very own design of sexual-tyrannosaur.

I approve.

Wave those tiny little hands with joie de vivre!

--------------------
Machine Age Maya

OfflineMorphogenesis
Theatre Semiotics

#15659396 - 01/13/12 08:25 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

RenzoSupreme said:
Whats with kids reaching for the 'top-shelf' vocabulary on everything these days??

Think about it: it's for the same reason that 'awesome' and 'EPIC!' is now among the primary vernacular import.

In an over-stimulated environment of sound bites, you have to work extra hard to sell your idea or experience.

A bland truth or a smile won't even land you in the funny pages.

--------------------
Machine Age Maya

OfflineSkeksis
Stranger

#15659397 - 01/13/12 08:25 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

RenzoSupreme said:
Quote:

Skeksis said:

Well, that age group is hard not to get annoyed with.  I won't even go into it, because I think its really obvious why that is the case. Still, I think one of the more annoying things about them, is that they think drug use is something to brag about.  Like it makes you 'cool' or something.  They tend to think that if they do the same drugs as someone older, that it immediately scores them points.  No, you've got to earn them the old fashioned way, and you'll realize it at some point.  "nice" doesn't always count.  When not being stupid, isn't enough, and so on. 

I know kids that are 16 that have earned their stripes, and I know 50 year olds, that have not. 

That said, I'm glad you used a soft word like 'most'.  I for one, love people in that age group, if their head is on strait.  So much emotion and energy.  People are fucking beautiful at that age. (especially girls)

That said, you shouldn't use hard words like 'extreme' or even 'hatred'.  I'd go with something soft like, 'a certain degree of contempt' or something....

Definitely spot on.  I will admit with a little quirkiness that I'm in that 18 age group, however the zealous drug kids of the y generation really grind me gears. I try to make the entheogens not the goal of my life, but supplements to my own personal life quest of innovative discovery. I agree, most kids, of course, just want to get fucked up.

InvisibleRenzoSupreme
 User Gallery

#15659401 - 01/13/12 08:27 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Morphogenesis said:
Quote:

Skeksis said:

Nope, it's just important to reiterate the 'phase' aspect though, less the young bucks believe they've wrapped their nets around some big fish. The bigger secret that lies in the next age group is that you are the fish. The joke was just letting you sit in the captain's chair for awhile. :lol:

Quote:

RenzoSupreme said:
I'm my very own design of sexual-tyrannosaur.

I approve.

Wave those tiny little hands with joie de vivre!

--------------------

OfflineSkeksis
Stranger

#15659407 - 01/13/12 08:29 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Alright well I will simply go on my own quest, love it, learn from it, and not brag about it, and help others with their tripping quest!

Also sorry for using "extreme hatred" Im just an over hormone -ated teenager. Very out of context

Edited by Skeksis (01/13/12 08:32 AM)

OfflineMorphogenesis
Theatre Semiotics

#15659422 - 01/13/12 08:32 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

So much emotion and energy.

When I used to attend a bunch of music festivals you could literally catch the energy droplets in the atmosphere that condense out of the sweat from the rambunctious attendees.

I'd drop it on blotter and sell it to the old folks for nostalgic reverie. Post-hit, they'd immediately drop their bland folders on the cold tiled floor at work and then go fuck a stranger in the break room, right after discussing Green Peace and the best local band in town.

I want to go jump rope now.

--------------------
Machine Age Maya

InvisibleRenzoSupreme
 User Gallery

Re: Buncha damn kids munchin' on fungus. [Re: Skeksis]
    #15659423 - 01/13/12 08:32 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Skeksis said:
Quote:

RenzoSupreme said:
Quote:

Skeksis said:

Definitely spot on.  I will admit with a little quirkiness that I'm in that 18 age group, however the zealous drug kids of the y generation really grind me gears. I try to make the entheogens not the goal of my life, but supplements to my own personal life quest of innovative discovery. I agree, most kids, of course, just want to get fucked up.

You didn't have to admit it, I already knew.

Nah, just get fucked up kid.  There's plenty of time for all that 'life quest' shit later.  Bang bitches; Push the envelope; get in trouble; have your rite, son, and then get back to me about that life quest stuff. That is your 'life quest'.  It goes deeper down the rabbit hole later; do yourself a favor and don't forget to knock first.

--------------------

InvisibleRenzoSupreme
 User Gallery

#15659427 - 01/13/12 08:33 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Morphogenesis said:
Quote:

So much emotion and energy.

When I used to attend a bunch of music festivals you could literally catch the energy droplets in the atmosphere that condense out of the sweat from the rambunctious attendees.

I'd drop it on blotter and sell it to the old folks for nostalgic reverie. Post-hit, they'd immediately drop their bland folders on the cold tiled floor at work and then go fuck a stranger in the break room, right after discussing Green Peace and the best local band in town.

I want to go jump rope now.

I rather wish you were in my vicinity, you got me thinking too.

--------------------

OfflineMorphogenesis
Theatre Semiotics

#15659439 - 01/13/12 08:37 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

--------------------
Machine Age Maya

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract