Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineWing
The Eye Tyrant
Male User Gallery

Re: Web Based Substrate Calculator - Get Your Recipe for ANY Container - Tells Spawn/Ingredients Needed [Re: Bugler Boy]
    #15664610 - 01/14/12 10:20 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

First off, Nice work bro! :thumbup:

There is another calculator that people have been using for a few years. It's not mentioned often but it works. I'll be using this from now on. Thanks!

I like idea 2 and in fact I think it would help a ton of people. I see round trays and baking dishes every once in a while and I think having a decent calculator that incorporates them would possibly strike more interest in them.

+1 vote on this thread

--------------------
My Old Grow Logs

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCuriousgeorge22
Mad Man
Male User Gallery

Loc: mommas womb
Re: Web Based Substrate Calculator - Get Your Recipe for ANY Container - Tells Spawn/Ingredients Needed [Re: Wing]
    #15664619 - 01/14/12 10:21 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

awezome

--------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“The people who were trying to make this world worse are not taking the day off.
Why should I?” - Bob Marley

Offlinesgfcchamber
Stranger
Re: Web Based Substrate Calculator - Get Your Recipe for ANY Container - Tells Spawn/Ingredients Needed [Re: Curiousgeorge22]
    #15665689 - 01/14/12 02:38 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

OICU812 said:
Very Cool!  Thanks for the time & trouble. 

May I suggest substrate measurements by weight as an option if you get really bored and snowed-in!

No problem, and thanks for the compliment.  As for the substrate measurements by weight, I could probably look into it, but I'm thinking it wouldn't be very reliable as 1 pound of your hpoo might be a totally different amount than 1 pound of my hpoo...or worse, 1 pound of your hpoo might be a totally different amount of your hpoo the next time around.

Quote:

Bugler Boy said:
Nice work, but this has already been done... I like the round container measurements but how many people do you actually see using round containers. Last time i checked mono tubs were rectangular :wink:

I appreciate you letting me know you like it, and I can see how the spreadsheet calculator thread you linked to is similar, but I wouldn't go so far as to say that me making a website has already been done.

As for the round containers, that wasn't so much for those people making monotubs, but for the people using tupperware containers (which can very often be round).

Heck, the entire calculator in general wasn't meant for only people making/using monotubs.  If you want to use a lasagna tray, a tupperware container, a coffee can, a two liter bottle, a cardboard box, a kitty litter container, a small planter, etc, etc, this calculator will more than come in handy.

Quote:

winged_1 said:
First off, Nice work bro! :thumbup:

There is another calculator that people have been using for a few years. It's not mentioned often but it works. I'll be using this from now on. Thanks!

I like idea 2 and in fact I think it would help a ton of people. I see round trays and baking dishes every once in a while and I think having a decent calculator that incorporates them would possibly strike more interest in them.

+1 vote on this thread

Thanks a lot man, I appreciate it!  :laugh:

The "round" calculator at the site will work for round trays and round baking dishes, it just won't work for oval shaped ones.  If I get another couple opinions on the "oval" calculator idea, we'll see if I add it or not...I might do it anyway, as it isn't too much more work to be honest.

Quote:

Curiousgeorge22 said:
awezome

Thanks!

--------------------

========================================================================================
Mushroom / Bulk Substrate Calculator <- Tells you exactly how much of what ingredients you need for any substrate for any container!
Here is the corresponding shroomery thread: http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/15656577

Easy Bulk Substrate Pasteurizer - Hands Free Operation
========================================================================================

OfflineDrCrumbs
Alpha Blue

Loc: Gili Trawangan
Re: Web Based Substrate Calculator - Get Your Recipe for ANY Container - Tells Spawn/Ingredients Needed [Re: sgfcchamber]
    #15665795 - 01/14/12 03:12 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

This is pretty cool. I really like it.

I hope you can work the existing grows into it, would be awesome to be able to watch a ton of grows side by side. It would be cool to see how different strains perform on different kinda of mediums.

OfflineNew HooN
Showing the way
Male User Gallery

Loc: MI Flag
Re: Web Based Substrate Calculator - Get Your Recipe for ANY Container - Tells Spawn/Ingredients Needed [Re: DrCrumbs]
    #15665826 - 01/14/12 03:19 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

:rockon:

--------------------
Ride it like u can fix it.....  CR 500R

OfflineZOMan
illegally insane
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Tx Flag
Re: Web Based Substrate Calculator - Get Your Recipe for ANY Container - Tells Spawn/Ingredients Needed [Re: sgfcchamber]
    #15666080 - 01/14/12 04:20 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Nice work.  I've got lots of different size containers and this will get used!
5 shrooms to ya.
ZOM

Offlinekeeno
enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: UK Flag
Re: Web Based Substrate Calculator - Get Your Recipe for ANY Container - Tells Spawn/Ingredients Needed [Re: New HooN]
    #15666131 - 01/14/12 04:32 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

ya legend!

I didn't even know i needed this, but really appreciate the work you put into it, I'll definitely be using it soon! it's proper saved into my bookmarks :smile:

--------------------
Check out my Psilocybe Cyanofriscosa (Allenii) TEK

Top fungi-knowlodgy with THE TRIBE!
THE TRIBE

OfflineCMOS
Whats next?

Re: Web Based Substrate Calculator - Get Your Recipe for ANY Container - Tells Spawn/Ingredients Needed [Re: keeno]
    #15666248 - 01/14/12 05:02 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

:awethumb:

--------------------
-------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------

Offlinesgfcchamber
Stranger
Re: Web Based Substrate Calculator - Get Your Recipe for ANY Container - Tells Spawn/Ingredients Needed [Re: CMOS]
    #15666690 - 01/14/12 07:09 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

DrCrumbs said:
This is pretty cool. I really like it.

I hope you can work the existing grows into it, would be awesome to be able to watch a ton of grows side by side. It would be cool to see how different strains perform on different kinda of mediums.

Thanks a lot :laugh:

Yeah, I hope that some of the TC's I PM'd reply to me with their recipes.  It'd be great to be able to just click a button and know you're getting a recipe that's been used by others and is known to work...not to mention to be able to see the results it brings.

Quote:

New HooN said:
:rockon:

Quote:

ZOMan said:
Nice work.  I've got lots of different size containers and this will get used!
5 shrooms to ya.
ZOM

That's exactly what I was hoping to hear from others.  This makes it super easy to use any container you want really, and makes sure you get it right every time.  Thanks for the rating mate!

Quote:

keeno said:
ya legend!

I didn't even know i needed this, but really appreciate the work you put into it, I'll definitely be using it soon! it's proper saved into my bookmarks :smile:

Well, I suppose you don't need it, but it sure as hell makes things a lot easier, at least in my opinion anyway.

Happy to hear you'll get good use out of it, thanks for the compliment too :laugh:

Quote:

CMOS said:
:awethumb:

Right back atcha :awethumb:

--------------------

Mushroom / Bulk Substrate Calculator <- Tells you exactly how much of what ingredients you need for any substrate for any container!
Here is the corresponding shroomery thread: http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/15656577

Edited by sgfcchamber (01/14/12 07:10 PM)

OfflinePfffffff
I am sofa king we todd ed
Loc: Somewhere that is fiction...
    #15667307 - 01/14/12 10:07 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

That rocks man. Web based eliminates the need for ms office, windows, etc. First one I've seen that can be done on my phone and thats much more useful that way IMO. Great work!

--------------------
I am part of this community as a role playing
character.  All information is gathered on the
internet.  In no way, shape, or form is any of what
I say truthful or real life experience.  Any advice
given or received is purely for entertainment value
and not intended for any kind of illegal activity.

OfflineSan
Novice
Male User Gallery

Re: Web Based Substrate Calculator - Get Your Recipe for ANY Container - Tells Spawn/Ingredients Needed [Re: Pfffffff]
    #15667418 - 01/14/12 10:37 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Requesting the option to measure in metric.

5 mushrooms for you if you make it happen.

--------------------
Actually not everyone was a noob.  Being a noob is a very new phenomenon.  Many people, the great majority in fact, were simply "beginners", "novices" or "new to mushroom growing".  Being a "noob" is reserved, and in fact created specifically for and by, the newer, much more lame generations coming about.

-Shpongle1

Invisibledtowntoker
gimme a spliff
Re: Web Based Substrate Calculator - Get Your Recipe for ANY Container - Tells Spawn/Ingredients Needed [Re: San]
    #15667774 - 01/15/12 12:06 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I don't have a computer, I used the downloadable version when I did but this will save me hella time thanks

--------------------

Offlineboommer
Deforestation Operation

Loc: disney world
Re: Web Based Substrate Calculator - Get Your Recipe for ANY Container - Tells Spawn/Ingredients Needed [Re: dtowntoker]
    #15667790 - 01/15/12 12:10 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

u should add another box that has an input for bulk name and % just for people who use other bulk items....

--------------------
"Great minds have purposes, little minds have wishes"
Dont have patience? BUILD A TIME MACHINE...
:pinkshroom: :supershroom: :regularshroom: :mushroomtwirl: :shroomeryhead: :scaryshroom:

Offlinesgfcchamber
Stranger
Re: Web Based Substrate Calculator - Get Your Recipe for ANY Container - Tells Spawn/Ingredients Needed [Re: boommer]
    #15667993 - 01/15/12 01:23 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Pfffffff said:
That rocks man. Web based eliminates the need for ms office, windows, etc. First one I've seen that can be done on my phone and thats much more useful that way IMO. Great work!

You know, that is an excellent point/benefit I didn't think of.  Hell, if I'm out at the store and I see a nice tote bin (heh heh) and I want to see what I'll need to fill it, I can pop out my phone and check.

Not to mention the compatibility issue, which I also didn't think of.

Happy to hear the site shows up nicely on your phone.  As soon as I read this reply, I popped out my iphone to visit it, and sure enough, it looks just like it does on my PC (which, incidentally, I didn't take extra measures to make sure of while coding the site...but, it's fairly straightforward, so it makes sense it renders okay on a phone).

Oh, and thanks for the compliment on my work, it's much appreciated :laugh:

Quote:

San said:

Hmmm...not a bad idea, but if it is incorporated, it won't be because of the offering of 5 mushies, haha.

Quote:

dtowntoker said:
I don't have a computer, I used the downloadable version when I did but this will save me hella time thanks

At first I didn't understand this reply, wondering how you were replying in the first place, but I think I remember you having a sig. that read "sorry for my short replies, but it's a pain in the ass typing on this phone" or something to that effect.  Happy to hear you'll make good use of it (in fact, I'm happy to see so many people saying they'll make good use of it). :laugh:

Quote:

boommer said:
u should add another box that has an input for bulk name and % just for people who use other bulk items....

WINNER!  That's a fantastic idea.  This will, without a doubt, be incorporated.  Not sure how I didn't think of it before to be honest.  Thanks!

I'll likely just label it "Other:" and it'll show up in the right side as that...or maybe it'll allow the user to fill in a bulk ingredient name themselves... :thinks:

--------------------

Invisibledtowntoker
gimme a spliff
    #15668010 - 01/15/12 01:28 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Nah, that wasn't me, but I'm in the same situation.

--------------------

OfflineBig_Sexy
LoveMonger
 User Gallery

Re: Web Based Substrate Calculator - Get Your Recipe for ANY Container - Tells Spawn/Ingredients Needed [Re: dtowntoker]
    #15668090 - 01/15/12 02:04 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

very nice! Bookmarked, great job! Respect:rockon::irishtoast:

OfflineWing
The Eye Tyrant
Male User Gallery

Re: Web Based Substrate Calculator - Get Your Recipe for ANY Container - Tells Spawn/Ingredients Needed [Re: Big_Sexy]
    #15669287 - 01/15/12 11:46 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I think it's HorizonSpawn that has that sig.

--------------------
My Old Grow Logs

Offlinesgfcchamber
Stranger
Re: Web Based Substrate Calculator - Get Your Recipe for ANY Container - Tells Spawn/Ingredients Needed [Re: San]
    #15670315 - 01/15/12 03:47 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

dtowntoker said:
Nah, that wasn't me, but I'm in the same situation.

Damn...once again my memory fails me, haha.  Well, in any case, happy to hear you'll get use out of it.

Quote:

Big_Sexy said:
very nice! Bookmarked, great job! Respect:rockon::irishtoast:

Thanks a lot, much appreciated!

Quote:

winged_1 said:
I think it's HorizonSpawn that has that sig.

Ah, knew I saw it somewhere.  Thanks for clearing that up, would have bugged me for awhile.

Quote:

San said:

Done!  You can now enter your measurements in metric.  You'll still have "pints" & "quarts" returned to you in the final volume of ingredients needed, seeing as how half-pint, pint & quart jars are pretty much the standard way of actually measuring out bulk sub.  However, you'll also get liters returned to you just so the calculator could stick with the spirit of the "metric" measurements.

--------------------

Offlinesgfcchamber
Stranger
    #15675279 - 01/16/12 07:56 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

PLEASE READ THIS

So far, I've gotten one response from PM's I sent out to TC's regarding their recipes.

The only response I got, was that they liked the idea, but they don't have a set recipe, haha.

So I'll go ahead and open it up to anybody...if any of you guys wants to see a button on the site bearing your name (or not, if you'd prefer) that will auto-populate your recipe, please post the following on this thread:

• What percentages of bulk ingredients you use.  They can be any ingredients, doesn't matter what they are.  The percentages should not be taking into account spawn...just the percentages of the bulk ingredients for the bulk substrate before you add spawn...so for example, if only use coir & verm in your substrate, the percentages of coir & verm should add up to 100% when giving the percentages).

• Your spawn-to-sub ratio.  So if you use a ratio of spawn that makes your final "ready to fruit" substrate 25% spawn & 75% bulk ingredients, this number should be 1-to-3 (for every 3 parts of bulk substrate that goes into your container, one additional part spawn is added...meaning 1 in 4 parts is spawn or a 1 to 3 ratio).

• Your preferred substrate depth.

I'll then add a button on the site that bears your forum username (or it'll just say "user contributed recipe" if you'd rather not have your forum username on it), and if a user clicks that button, it will auto-populate all the fields on the calculator with your recipe.  The only thing the user will have to add would be their container measurements & click calculate.  The rest would be done for them.

--------------------

Edited by sgfcchamber (01/16/12 07:58 PM)

Offlinesgfcchamber
Stranger
Re: Web Based Substrate Calculator - Get Your Recipe for ANY Container - Tells Spawn/Ingredients Needed [Re: boommer]
    #15687072 - 01/19/12 07:54 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

boommer said:

Added :laugh:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates