Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
Woman arrested for smoking pot with children * 1
    #1563786 - 05/20/03 06:42 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

http://www.miaminewsrecord.com/MIAMINEWSRECORD/sites/MIAMINEWSRECORD/0750edition/myarticles809349.asp?P=809349&S=320&PubID=13422

Woman arrested for smoking pot with children
By K.E. Sturgeon III
Miami News-record
A Miami mother of three is facing criminal charges after police officers ran across a videotape that apparently shows her smoking marijuana with two of her three daughters and two of their friends.

Dianna Marie Helms, 32, came to the attention of police May 2 after an officer investigating a report of an intoxicated teenager found a video camera in the 17-year-old?s vehicle. The camera ? apparently stolen from the Northeast Vocational Technical Center in Afton late last month ? contained a videotape that investigators say shows Helms passing a marijuana cigarette back and forth with the teenagers.

The 17-year-old boy was using the camera to make the videotape, according to Detective Danny Green, a narcotics investigator with the Miami Police Department.

The children in the video range in age from 10 to 16, according to a police report prepared by John Barbour, the Miami Police Department?s school resources officer.

The tape does not show the 10-year-old using marijuana.

?This is a problem I think we are having with some of our parents where they think letting the kids use illegal drugs at home is better than letting them use them someplace else,? Green said. ?Parents should not be allowing drug use under any circumstances and they definitely shouldn?t be participating with their kids. Parents are a role model and they need to remember that.?

Helms was taken into custody Monday night and is currently being held in the Ottawa County Jail on $70,000 bond. She is scheduled to make an initial appearance in Ottawa County District Court today and has not entered a plea.

According to the police report, Helms could face up to five counts of contributing to the delinquency of a minor as well as charges of possession of a controlled dangerous substance in the presence of a minor, keeping and maintaining a dwelling or house where illegal drugs are used and distribution of a controlled dangerous substance within 2,000 feet of a school.

Helms lives on A Street, SE, near the Miami Kindergarten Center.

Green said some of the young people on the videotape could also face charges in the case. Those charges are likely to be adjudicated in juvenile court, according to Green.

The case has also been referred to investigators with the Oklahoma Department of Human Services, Green said.

--------------------
http://heffter.org

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

Loc: The Matrix
Re: Woman arrested for smoking pot with children [Re: motaman] * 1
    #1565043 - 05/21/03 04:48 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Let's feed them Ritalin instead....legally.

Get your heads out of your asses....FDA!

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

Great books for inquiring minds!

"Life After Death is Saprophytic!"

Invisibleem_bre_O
shroomery'sEmbryoticAsshole
 User Gallery

Loc: In the stages of develope...
Re: Woman arrested for smoking pot with children [Re: Joshua] * 1
    #1565244 - 05/21/03 08:52 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Good point.........but is weed any better?I don't think so tim.

OfflineHidingInPlainSight
Male User Gallery
Loc: Oklahoma City , OK, USA
Re: Woman arrested for smoking pot with children [Re: motaman] * 1
    #1565539 - 05/21/03 11:20 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

i live in oklahoma and hear all the time about parents smoking their kids out..  :shocked: 

OfflineRaadt
nicht

Loc: azurescending
Re: Woman arrested for smoking pot with children [Re: em_bre_O] * 1
    #1565545 - 05/21/03 11:23 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Weed isn't a stimulant. I can't think of a case of overdose from THC either, the LD50 is extremely high. The LD50 on ritalin is signifigantly lower, not to mention the abuse on ritalin is no different than habitual marijuana use. It's bullshit, it's not that it's better, it's that it's a hypocracy. However, I do think that marijuana retards development.. I have a few friends whom this has been the case for, can't say it for sure, but it's an opinion.

--------------------
Raadt

-- The information I provide is only information from readings, growing of gourmet mushrooms, and second hand stories--

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
    #1565612 - 05/21/03 11:41 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I think its much more responsible for a parent to smoke marijuana with their children and teach them about this drug and its proper use, rather ingnore the fact that they will most likely come into contact with it (and other drugs) at an early age at school. If my kids were interested in smoking pot I'd be more than happy to responsibly smoke it with them and teach them that drugs, mind and body are to be respected.

Anonymous

Re: Woman arrested for smoking pot with children [Re: chodamunky] * 1
    #1566226 - 05/21/03 02:12 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

i agree chodamunky... who knows the beauty we could witness if everyone sat down and smoked a joint with their kids..

Invisibleem_bre_O
shroomery'sEmbryoticAsshole
 User Gallery

Loc: In the stages of develope...
Re: Woman arrested for smoking pot with children [Re: ] * 1
    #1567696 - 05/21/03 10:43 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

MMMMMM....no.When u r as young as those kids were Your brain is still in it's early stages and doesn't mature until around 18 - 22.The early times r the most important.The adults in my family expressed this with me and my 18 cousins.But at the same time they aso said they would rather us smoke than drink.I think you really don't grow(mentally) much more if you smoke when younger.I stopped 2 years ago but have no problems with others doing it around me.Unless they smke in front of their kids.Kids should have goofy kid fun not retard burn out fun.

Offlinethestringphish
vajrayana

Loc: on my way to another plac...
    #1568040 - 05/22/03 12:39 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

i would tell the cops to suck a cock and prove it was marijuana. they cant prove beyond a resonable doubt that the herb they were smokeing was a thc-containing plant.

--------------------
Ken Wilbur

"this is life changing"

welcomehome

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies