Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Premium Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlinesk8ordude
Stranger
Re: Not All Muslims Are Terrorists, But All Terrorists Are Muslim [Re: DieCommie]
    #15643078 - 01/10/12 01:13 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

I blame propaganda and peoples lazy thinking habits.

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Americas
Re: Not All Muslims Are Terrorists, But All Terrorists Are Muslim [Re: sk8ordude] * 1
    #15643215 - 01/10/12 01:53 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

sk8ordude said:

I blame you- personally.

InvisibleMe_Roy
Stranger
Re: Not All Muslims Are Terrorists, But All Terrorists Are Muslim [Re: johnm214]
    #15643236 - 01/10/12 01:58 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Timothy McVeigh
Uni Bomber

Invisiblequinn
some kinda love
 User Gallery

Re: Not All Muslims Are Terrorists, But All Terrorists Are Muslim [Re: johnm214]
    #15643248 - 01/10/12 02:01 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

In Philosophy in a Time of Terror, in a discussion of the opposition between
“war” and “terrorism,” Jacques Derrida tells Giovanna Borradori that the
terms themselves are unstable and have a political history that must be
rigorously examined:

Semantic instability, irreducible trouble spots on the borders between
concepts, indecision in the very concept of the border: all this must
not only be analysed as a speculative disorder, a conceptual chaos or
zone of passing turbulence in public or political language. We must
also recognise here strategies and relations of force. The dominant
power is the one that manages to impose and, thus, to legitimate,
indeed to legalise (for it is always a question of law) on a national or
world stage, the terminology and thus the interpretation that best
suits it in a given situation.

(Borradori, 2003, p. 105)

He cites two examples of how the terms “war” and “terrorism” have
been manipulated in historical circumstances in order to fulfil certain
political goals. One is the retrospective definition by the French
parliament in the 1990s of the Algerian War as an international war,
and not a domestic conflict, so veterans would have access to certain
classes of military entitlements (p. 104); the other, the insistence of the
US government that any resistance to the established governments of
South America be denoted as terrorism (p. 105).

found this interesting.

--------------------
dripping with fantasy

InvisibleMe_Roy
Stranger
Re: Not All Muslims Are Terrorists, But All Terrorists Are Muslim [Re: quinn]
    #15643308 - 01/10/12 02:22 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

quinn said:
Quote:

In Philosophy in a Time of Terror, in a discussion of the opposition between
“war” and “terrorism,” Jacques Derrida tells Giovanna Borradori that the
terms themselves are unstable and have a political history that must be
rigorously examined:

Semantic instability, irreducible trouble spots on the borders between
concepts, indecision in the very concept of the border: all this must
not only be analysed as a speculative disorder, a conceptual chaos or
zone of passing turbulence in public or political language. We must
also recognise here strategies and relations of force. The dominant
power is the one that manages to impose and, thus, to legitimate,
indeed to legalise (for it is always a question of law) on a national or
world stage, the terminology and thus the interpretation that best
suits it in a given situation.

(Borradori, 2003, p. 105)

He cites two examples of how the terms “war” and “terrorism” have
been manipulated in historical circumstances in order to fulfil certain
political goals. One is the retrospective definition by the French
parliament in the 1990s of the Algerian War as an international war,
and not a domestic conflict, so veterans would have access to certain
classes of military entitlements (p. 104); the other, the insistence of the
US government that any resistance to the established governments of
South America be denoted as terrorism (p. 105).

found this interesting.

word.  always nice when the high theorists descend for a minute to remind us why we should listen to 'em.

OfflineVisionary Tools
Male User Gallery

Re: Not All Muslims Are Terrorists, But All Terrorists Are Muslim [Re: Diploid]
    #15644793 - 01/10/12 02:24 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

George Bush and Tony Blair are not muslim, and certainly terrorised a lot of men, women and children during their reign of terror.

I'm not exagerating. You weren't on the business end of their war of terror. If I was an Iraqi, I'd feel pretty terrified, and wondered what I did to deserve getting my country raped.

--------------------
Wiccan_Seeker said:
slide down a pole than with your legs spread and using your pussy as a brake. Ask the fire department :imslow:

Invisibleliquidlounge

Re: Not All Muslims Are Terrorists, But All Terrorists Are Muslim [Re: Visionary Tools]
    #15644826 - 01/10/12 02:35 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Even on here you find naive and close-minded people. :lol:

God bless america, lets fuck up some country in the east!

What is terrorism anyway? "Killing in the name of God?"

Terrorism is everywhere, every race - every religious view. In the east they call the west terrorists, in the west they call muslims terrorists.

Terrorism has (with every other word out there) no universal agreement. :weirdeyes::wink:

--------------------
As far as I assume to know...

Invisibleliquidlounge

Re: Not All Muslims Are Terrorists, But All Terrorists Are Muslim [Re: DieCommie]
    #15644838 - 01/10/12 02:39 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

DieCommie said:
Quote:

qman said:
Remember the conflict in Ireland over religion, lots of terrorism for a group of Christians.

It is a lot for christians, but its nothing compared to what muslims do.  Remember, most of the victims of muslim aggression and violence are arabs and muslims.  What we see in on the news when they attack the west is just the tip of the ice berg.

Lol.

In the east they call the west terrorists, in the west they call muslims terrorists.

The **** are you talking about man!?

I think you're better off in the forums for politics, east and west, right and left. :lol:

ONCE AGAIN YOU SEE THE VIEW FROM YOUR SIDE AND ONLY YOUR SIDE. OPEN EYES? :weirdeyes::wink:

--------------------

InvisibleDieCommie

Re: Not All Muslims Are Terrorists, But All Terrorists Are Muslim [Re: liquidlounge]
    #15645040 - 01/10/12 03:29 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

The **** are you talking about man!?

Im talking about the current geopolitical state.  Im not talking about feel good wishful thinking political correctness.

Invisibleliquidlounge

#15645090 - 01/10/12 03:39 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Answer this commie, who are considered the rednecks of "muslim world"?

--------------------

InvisibleDieCommie

Re: Not All Muslims Are Terrorists, But All Terrorists Are Muslim [Re: liquidlounge]
    #15645107 - 01/10/12 03:43 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Every country has its own 'rednecks'.  The Muslim World stretches from Morocco to the Philippians, from Somalia to Chechnya.  What exactly are you asking?  Where the poor, less cultured people live in various muslim countries?  Usually they live in the rural areas away from the city, just like 'rednecks' in other countries.

OfflineK Y L E
RIP DS DL FB GM
Male

Loc: Snowy mountain top Flag
    #15645182 - 01/10/12 03:59 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

what about people who figure that their government is well underway of completely enslaving them for years to come, so they establish some kind of group militia that aim to take out the oppressive government influence, so the said government spreads propaganda about the group, labeling them enemies of the state. Aren't they terrorist too? what about the government? they are for sure terrorizing peoples lives,and they  could be good ole' god fearing Americans!

the point i'm trying to make here is saying that all "terrorists" are Muslims is quite a silly accusation indeed.

--------------------

Invisibleliquidlounge

#15645199 - 01/10/12 04:01 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

[insert link to random "jihad muslim" beheading video]

These are considered the rednecks of "muslim world" amongst muslims (yes, those that kill in the name of Allah). Just like rednecks in your own land doing "this and that" behind shut doors while wearing a cross around their neck.

Muslims do not necessarily kill more than christians do, its impossible to find such numbers yet you talk about how christians are nowhere near killing as many (from both their own religion and other religions). What about the christian countries in Africa? Mexico/South America (if we bring catholicism in the picture) etc? And obviously the killing machine itself, USA. In the end, i think  christians, catholics and muslims (religions) have equally shared blood on their hands throughout history.

Maybe you should travel around the world and actually see the world with your own eyes instead of watching CNN and liveleak...?

--------------------

InvisibleDieCommie

#15645225 - 01/10/12 04:07 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

In the end, i think  christians, catholics and muslims (religions) have equally shared blood on their hands throughout history.

We are not talking about history, we are talking about today.  If you have to go back hundreds of years to show a similar amount of blood on the hands then I think you have proven my point.

Invisibleliquidlounge

#15645283 - 01/10/12 04:20 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

DieCommie said:
Quote:

In the end, i think  christians, catholics and muslims (religions) have equally shared blood on their hands throughout history.

We are not talking about history, we are talking about today.  If you have to go back hundreds of years to show a similar amount of blood on the hands then I think you have proven my point.

Im sure there was people getting killed today in Afghanistan by soldiers from "God bless USA" aswell as killings in tons of other christian countries. Just like there was in "muslim world". 

Dont you think so too?

Today 70 people was killed in "muslim world", while 40 was killed in "christian world". Yesterday (if we're allowed - not history?), 89 was killed in "christian world" while 49 was killed in "muslim world".

Dont you too think this sounds realistic, maybe not the numbers but how (in the end) there are pretty much equally killed by the end of this week?

--------------------

InvisibleDieCommie

Re: Not All Muslims Are Terrorists, But All Terrorists Are Muslim [Re: liquidlounge] * 1
    #15645407 - 01/10/12 04:44 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Dont you too think this sounds realistic, maybe not the numbers but how (in the end) there are pretty much equally killed by the end of this week?

No, not at all.  You are doing what you accuse me of - only paying attention to CNN and the like. 

Nearly every conflict in the world involves Muslims.  Most of these conflicts dont involve the US, so you dont hear about them as much.  Sudan, Somalia, Israel, Sir Lanka, Kashmir, Chechnya, Indonesia, Philippines - all over the old world, where ever muslims have non-muslim neighbors there is violence.  And all of this doesn't even begin to address the biggest vicims of muslim violence - fellow muslims.

Yea, in the past Christains were blood thirsty killers and Muslims were liberal and enlightened thinkers.  If I lived 1000 years ago you can be damn sure I would rather live in the Muslim world.  But its not that way any more.  These days the Muslim world is the most aggressive, blood thirsty and dangerous geopolitical entity facing our culture and way of life.

Invisibleliquidlounge

#15645592 - 01/10/12 05:13 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

DieCommie said:
Quote:

No, not at all.  You are doing what you accuse me of - only paying attention to CNN and the like.

Nearly every conflict in the world involves Muslims.  Most of these conflicts dont involve the US, so you dont hear about them as much.  Sudan, Somalia, Israel, Sir Lanka, Kashmir, Chechnya, Indonesia, Philippines - all over the old world, where ever muslims have non-muslim neighbors there is violence.  And all of this doesn't even begin to address the biggest vicims of muslim violence - fellow muslims.

Yea, in the past Christains were blood thirsty killers and Muslims were liberal and enlightened thinkers.  If I lived 1000 years ago you can be damn sure I would rather live in the Muslim world.  But its not that way any more.  These days the Muslim world is the most aggressive, blood thirsty and dangerous geopolitical entity facing our culture and way of life.

I watch al jazeera, i watch CNN, i watch Russia Today, i watch this - i watch that (i even watch asian "muslim world" news from time to time while visiting my friend who translates). Nothing gives me as much information as friends i have from various parts of the world AND obviously the places i have seen with my own eyes. Stil, i draw my own conclusions from all of these "sources". Now lets see, i have media (both eastern and western media), friends and my own eyes. What sources do you have? You ever been to a muslim country?

"christian world" and wars, USA (how many wars in the last 10-20 years? 7 or 8? :crazy:), how many wars in African "christian" countries? :weirdeyes: During the last 30 years i believe you will find pretty much the same number of wars...

I do not deny that "christian world" is ahead on most areas, and its definitely a part of the world with better living standard overall (today). Im also proud of being a westerner when i look at the good parts of our society. Dont get me wrong, im not pro-"muslim world" however, im not pro-"christian world" either as i see faults and killings both here and there. Theres little to no difference, same shit, different wrapping.

I also think this debate is heading more and more towards politics and not philosophy.

--------------------

InvisibleDieCommie

Re: Not All Muslims Are Terrorists, But All Terrorists Are Muslim [Re: liquidlounge] * 1
    #15645684 - 01/10/12 05:31 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Why are you now using 'Western' and 'Christian' interchangeably?  They are not the same thing and you are muddling up the facts by doing so.  Im not gonna fall for it.  :nono:

Offlinesk8ordude
Stranger
    #15647222 - 01/10/12 11:01 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

johnm214 said:
Quote:

sk8ordude said:

I blame you- personally.

You are not the first.

Offlinegreencavefloat
The Friend
 User Gallery

Loc: Western Australia Flag
Re: Not All Muslims Are Terrorists, But All Terrorists Are Muslim [Re: sk8ordude]
    #15647346 - 01/10/12 11:31 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

One man's terrorist is another man's Freedom Fighter

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Premium Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order