Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Barred Spiral

Something I wrote awhile ago about emotions....
    #1563824 - 05/20/03 09:01 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

This was about 2 years ago or so. I've changed quite a bit since then, and it was good to be able to reflect on it. Just figured I'd share this since I don't have very many posts here!

Our emotions control us, who we are, who we aren?t, and who we don?t want to be. Every desire is an addiction we wish to quiet. By acting on our emotions we squash our desires, and therefore, become complacent & satisfied. Satisfaction is what we desire, and through killing desire, we satisfy our desire for satisfaction until another emotion is stirred. We then act upon it with out thinking. When we stop and think about our emotion, is confuses us because our emotions are based on who we are, and our history. The way we?ve been treated, the way we sit, the way we speak, all comes from what we see and take in as a child. All of this creates a persona that we act upon. When we question this persona, we are in fact questioning our very existence. When we take it apart, we understand why we do things, and why there is no right or wrong, there only is. The way to ourselves, the way to our past, present and future and who we want to become. Love can bring out the best in us or destroy us. The basic human fiber is made up of love and desire for that love. If love is desired and not found, rather than naturally created, it will squander the person searching for it, because that person will become what he/she thinks is desired and loved by people. Loved by our society, peers, family, friends, and all of that. We become what they want rather than what we want. Until the individual decides on it?s own course that it is who it is, and if someone doesn?t like it, it?s their problem rather than it?s own, it will not exist as a true persona. Be loved for who you are, but not whom they want.

The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
Re: Something I wrote awhile ago about emotions.... [Re: Twirling]
    #1563997 - 05/20/03 10:13 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

This is true.

What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology