Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Orange Alert
    #1563132 - 05/20/03 04:00 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I wonder if this means they're about to pass Patriot Act 2.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: Orange Alert [Re: silversoul7]
    #1563213 - 05/20/03 04:26 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

i'm scared man.. i'm scared of what our government is up to

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Re: Orange Alert [Re: Strumpling]
    #1563227 - 05/20/03 04:35 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

"The problem, officials said, is separating discussion of plots that are under way from the "wishful thinking and bluster" among suspected al Qaeda members being monitored. "There is some chatter that points to the U.S.," an official said, "but we don't really know if it is real." "

yeah silversoul this does looks like patriot act II propaganda - we'll get another attack pretty soon and california will be dissed and everybody will be all over patriot act II.

I just hope that if they pass this patriot act II thing, they USE it against the terrorists, grabbing each and every one of these fucking guys they're just watching "chat" to eachother.... patriot act II will allow them to just grab these guys and make them disappear forever; no questions asked.

unfortunately they could grab YOU or ME as well, being drug-users and all... "drug-users support terrorism," remember?

oh cool I just noticed I now have three shrooms. hooray I pissed somebody off

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.

Edited by Strumpling (05/20/03 04:36 PM)

OfflineMeph
Synesthesiac

Loc: Qu?bec
    #1563269 - 05/20/03 04:56 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

oh cool I just noticed I now have three shrooms. hooray I pissed somebody off

Back to four.  :smirk:

There will probably be an attack on the US soon, IMHO. With all that's happenned (war on Irak, for example) since 9/11, over a year of "peace" is just too good to be true. 

--------------------
I'm a bipedal carbon-based pseudo-random number generator.

Demonstration: 152.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Re: Orange Alert [Re: Meph]
    #1563273 - 05/20/03 04:58 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

yeah it seems like its about time for them to recharge the war on terra

--------------------

Invisiblebuckwheat
Cynically Insane

Loc: Not Enough Characters to ...
    #1563286 - 05/20/03 05:03 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

spooky stuff

OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Loc: The Desert
Re: Orange Alert [Re: buckwheat]
    #1563302 - 05/20/03 05:13 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

your sig is hypnotic

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

Anonymous

Re: Orange Alert [Re: silversoul7]
    #1563435 - 05/20/03 06:12 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

This all about Bush's plan to take over the world and turn our country into a fascist police state.

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: Orange Alert [Re: ]
    #1563489 - 05/20/03 06:36 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Man, if terrorists ever get their hands on a nuke, and kill like a million people, the only possible outcome will be for America to try to take over the world and will immediately become a police state.

--------------------

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
Re: Orange Alert [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #1563541 - 05/20/03 06:59 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Or here's a "hypothetical" situation for you...The U.S. allows a massive terrorist attack on it's own citizens in order to keep the populace in fear, who would of course be screaming for revenge on whichever country or group that the government told them was responsible. With the full support of it's citizens,(and most countries in general) the U.S. could "hypothetically" take over the world and/or it's resources..and anybody that stood against the U.S. would be labeled a 'terrorist' or 'terrorist sympathizer' and be dealt with accordingly either with military intervention or economic sanctions.....but that's just all hypothetically speaking of course because anybody who thought that would surely be crazy...wouldn't they?

--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

Edited by Rono (05/20/03 07:15 PM)

Offlinehongomon
old hand
Loc: comin' at ya
Re: Orange Alert [Re: Rono]
    #1563583 - 05/20/03 07:18 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I think it's a possibility. What I'm not sure about is how "masterminded" it would be. In other words to use a slightly different example, while we may be headed toward fascism, as some think, that may not be anyone's intention. It just may be the natural outcome of a bunch of humans representing different powers--business, government, etc.--behaving very shortsightedly, selfishly, or simply with a limited or inaccurate understanding of what they're doing.

On the other hand, the whole damn thing could be plotted out down to the details. WHO THE HELL KNOWS!!!

hongomon

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
Re: Orange Alert [Re: hongomon]
    #1563760 - 05/20/03 08:33 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

... while we may be headed toward fascism, as some think, that may not be anyone's intention. It just may be the natural outcome of a bunch of humans representing different powers--business, government, etc.--behaving very shortsightedly, selfishly, or simply with a limited or inaccurate understanding of what they're doing.

I'm inclined to look at it that way.

The 'left' comes to power and we lose certain freedoms, the 'right' criticizes the loss of these freedoms and then comes to power but they never restore the freedoms their opposition took. With the 'right' in power we lose certain freedoms that are a bit different in nature, the 'left' criticizes the loss of these freedoms and then comes to power but they never restore the freedoms their opposition took. Each side sees the power that has been bequeathed to it by the opposition and recognizes it as being useful towards it's own ends and seems to conveniently forget it's prior opposition to it.

As the pendulum of power swings back and forth, the individual is slowly being marginalized by the ever growing and increasingly intrusive state, the differences between the left and right are more rhetorical than actual. The actions of both camps leading to the crushing of liberty and the lingering death of the republic. All the tools and techniques for a totalitarian state are being devised and implemented, so much power is being concentrated that it is only a matter of time before someone or group possessing the will and the means will recognize the opportunity and take full control. The people, for the most part, are willingly presenting their appendages to be shackled in the name of security... security from violence, security from want, security from the negative consequences of their own choices. When it comes, when a totalitarian regime is fully upon us, it will have come from the collusion of the left and the right and with the willing permission if not the actual desires of the compliant masses.

"The struggle of our people for freedom has progressed to the form where all of us must take a stand either for or against the freedom of our people You are either with Your People or against them. You are either part of the solution or part of the problem."
- Eldridge Cleaver

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Edited by Evolving (05/20/03 08:42 PM)

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Re: Orange Alert [Re: Evolving]
    #1563801 - 05/20/03 08:49 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I don't think there's much of a difference between left and right anymore my man.. its going to get fuzzier and fuzzier, just like the demos and repubs

--------------------

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Re: Orange Alert [Re: ]
    #1563811 - 05/20/03 08:53 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

"This all about Bush's plan to take over the world and turn our country into a fascist police state."

I don't know about the extreme this plan is, but regardless I don't think Bush is in charge.... he could be lower on the pyramid than we are aware

--------------------

Offlinehongomon
old hand
Re: Orange Alert [Re: Evolving]
    #1563831 - 05/20/03 09:06 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Interesting summary. It reminds me of the old cartoon of some guy trying to make all four legs of a table the same length--a few rounds of corrections and he's left with a legless tabletop.

This kind of thing really makes me battle with the free will/determinism dichotomy. Observing the trend over the past and projecting its possibilities over the future seem deterministic, but the steps which might lead to improvement are each acts of free will (by a lot of individual free agents). Is that contradictory?

hongomon

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
    #1563843 - 05/20/03 09:12 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

"Is that contradictory?"

I think what's determined is that all boundaries will be broken - all possibilities will happen - all impossiblities will become possible, then probable, then they will happen. This really means that "everything is determined" heh.

How these things happen, however, all depends on the moment at hand and which way which things "wiggle" when they reach a fork in the road of possibilities - how the "wiggles" are determined (how choices are made, on a larger scale), I have no fuckin clue, but I think that even THAT is built into the framework - it doesn't necessarily know all descisions before hand, but it knows what to do to decide which way to wiggle - dunno if that makes sense - its like AI programming at nature's level (way better than what we've come up with)

--------------------

Edited by Strumpling (05/20/03 09:13 PM)

Offlinehongomon
old hand
    #1563861 - 05/20/03 09:25 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Seems a lot like how chess programs are devised as well. At the beginning of a game there is an astronomical amount of possible "futures". With each move, the amount of possible futures is limited. Is that something like AI?

What makes my brain hurt is that as predictable (determinable) as it is, our history is made up of choices made by individuals. (Even when the choice is to do nothing.) Another crazy paradox.

Invisiblemantis
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bunker Alpha, GMC
    #1563868 - 05/20/03 09:27 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

frighten the masses, pass invasive legislation

welcome to the NWO...

eeeeeeeekkkkkkkk!!!!!!!

--------------------

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
    #1564191 - 05/20/03 11:25 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

"Seems a lot like how chess programs are devised as well. At the beginning of a game there is an astronomical amount of possible "futures". With each move, the amount of possible futures is limited. Is that something like AI?"

excellent analogy :wink: although it is a bit more complicated than that because for every move, the possibilities of the future only relating to that particular game gets limited - with "actuality," however, every move creates a whole new spectrum of possibilities because there is a new angle on things or something heh

--------------------

Offlinetrev
comming out of retirement
 User Gallery

Loc: Aussie
    #1564304 - 05/20/03 11:56 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I dont think so this time guys I think the threat is real possibly played up a little, I dont know one things 4 sure Im glad I am not in america. I have to say this Its youre responsibilitye to vote VOTE BUSH OUT, VOTE BUSH OUT , how much has the entire world changed since that clown got into office FUCK HIM OFF PLEASE.

--------------------

Anonymous #14
[quote]There are billions of people on this planet. The world does not revolve around the united states, moron. I hope terrorists crash their collective cocks into your asshole. [/quote]

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: Scales

General Interest >> Political Discussion