Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblebryguy27007
Cosmonaut
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: Kratom's apple [Re: Brugman]
    #15639542 - 01/09/12 11:47 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Brugman said:
Quote:

bryguy27007 said:
I've always pronounced it crant-umm. I pronounce words differently than a lot of people though.

You just add in extra letters for the hell of it? Lol.

I wanna try this kray-tum stuff.

Yeah, I guess I do, hahaha. It's just how it's always been.
It's definitely worth a shot if you've never tried it before.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineArtnotwar
Chemical Researcher
Male User Gallery

Re: Kratom's apple [Re: bryguy27007]
    #15639657 - 01/09/12 12:14 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I was going to try kratom here in England because it's illegal in Aus. But then I managed to buy 1kg of poppy pods instead for cheap as chips, so I thought I'd go with the latter. Kratom seems mostly overpriced from what I've seen.

Sipping on my last cup of pod tea as we speak :sad: It's been good value though. Great thing to have if you can control yourself.

--------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Until the 20th century, reality was everything humans could touch, smell, see,
and hear.
Since the initial publication of the charged electromagnetic spectrum, humans
learned that what they can touch, smell, see, and hear... is less than one
millionth of reality.
--------------------------------

InvisibleShill
♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋

#15639665 - 01/09/12 12:15 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

bryguy27007 said:
I've always pronounced it crant-umm. I pronounce words differently than a lot of people though.

There is no n in kratom

--------------------
The countdown to the break up of the euro has officially begun.

A great financial crisis is going to erupt in Europe, and it is going to shake the world to the core.

If you were frightened by what happened back in 2008, then you are going to be absolutely horrified by what is coming next.

"You throw the sand against the wind
And the wind blows it back again."
- William Blake

Offlinejim617
untrusted cultivator
 User Gallery

Re: Kratom's apple [Re: Artnotwar]
    #15639691 - 01/09/12 12:19 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Artnotwar said:
I was going to try kratom here in England because it's illegal in Aus. But then I managed to buy 1kg of poppy pods instead for cheap as chips, so I thought I'd go with the latter. Kratom seems mostly overpriced from what I've seen.

Sipping on my last cup of pod tea as we speak :sad: It's been good value though. Great thing to have if you can control yourself.

how many pods do you need to use to get the effects of lets say an oc40?
I have tried 4grams of Kratom extract and it was like taking a cheap perc. except it wasnt cheap.

OfflineArtnotwar
Chemical Researcher
Male User Gallery

Re: Kratom's apple [Re: jim617]
    #15639738 - 01/09/12 12:28 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I don't really go by number of pods, I go by dried grams.

It all depends on tolerance really as well. with no tolerance, I would have 30-40mg of oxy if not more and still don't feel like i'm where I want to be.
With these poppy pods, the first time I dosed, I had 4g and felt fucking great. I've gone up to 10g, but it gives me a shitty hangover.

I can usually judge by what dose I start itching. With oxy, 20mg right on the dot has me scratching all over.
With these pods normally around 7g I will start itching.

I much rather the high off pod tea than I do oxy though. I've gone 80mg+ with no tolerance mixed with xanax and alcohol and I still didn't feel like i thought i would.
With pod tea I get this adrenaline type feeling all through my body, mainly my legs and I feel so good. It also makes me nod which oxy doesn't as much.

But pod tea and then a joint is just  :drooling:

--------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
and hear.
millionth of reality.

Offlinejim617
untrusted cultivator
 User Gallery

#15639750 - 01/09/12 12:32 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Artnotwar said:

It all depends on tolerance really as well. with no tolerance, I would have 30-40mg of oxy if not more and still don't feel like i'm where I want to be.
With these poppy pods, the first time I dosed, I had 4g and felt fucking great. I've gone up to 10g, but it gives me a shitty hangover.

I can usually judge by what dose I start itching. With oxy, 20mg right on the dot has me scratching all over.

I much rather the high off pod tea than I do oxy though. I've gone 80mg+ with no tolerance mixed with xanax and alcohol and I still didn't feel like i thought i would.
With pod tea I get this adrenaline type feeling all through my body, mainly my legs and I feel so good. It also makes me nod which oxy doesn't as much.

ahh yes I remember that leg feeling. Man I miss that.  I took oxys for like 5 years and that leg feeling went away after about a year or less, now the only leg feeling I have is RLS

OfflineArtnotwar
Chemical Researcher
Male User Gallery

#15639790 - 01/09/12 12:38 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

jim617 said:
Quote:

Artnotwar said:

ahh yes I remember that leg feeling. Man I miss that.  I took oxys for like 5 years and that leg feeling went away after about a year or less, now the only leg feeling I have is RLS

Is RLS kinda like Idol hands but with your leg? :lol:

But really, I've always wanted to give heroin a go but after having a good pod tea experience I can't even IMAGINE what heroin would feel like. The first time we had some of this tea we had 4g, after about an hour or so I said "fuck it we should have had 6g!". Then another half an hour later I was like "Actually... I think 4g is good."

I don't know, I've always been disappointed with oxy. WAY too overpriced.

The only downside to pods is the ROA, and I don't find it as bitter as most people do.

--------------------
and hear.
millionth of reality.

Offlinejim617
untrusted cultivator
 User Gallery

#15640063 - 01/09/12 01:32 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

the downside is tht its highly addictive.  just as much as heroine.  someday you wont be able to get pods but youll be able to get dope, and youll do what you gotta do to stop the aches. I am not lecturing you, just saying, happens that way

OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

Loc: : Gringo
Re: Kratom's apple [Re: openmind]
    #15640124 - 01/09/12 01:49 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

yeah the leaf I got is bali kratom.  and i guess after trying the leaf, I can kind of relate to the above poster...the extract was measurably better, reminds me more of methadone though than percs.

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

OfflineArtnotwar
Chemical Researcher
Male User Gallery

#15640134 - 01/09/12 01:50 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah, now that I've just finished the last of my pods, I won't be buying any more. We won't be here for much longer so there is no point. I do like pods, but it's not even something I want to do regularly. I've had my fun with them for now experimenting and whatnot. When I get back to Aus I'll most likely grow some, I love growing ethnobotanicals. I'm glad I can't just buy them online there, it makes it a bit harder to get an addiction.

What's Kratom like in terms of addiction?

--------------------
and hear.
millionth of reality.

Offlinejim617
untrusted cultivator
 User Gallery

#15640141 - 01/09/12 01:51 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I have a high tolerance

Invisiblebryguy27007
Cosmonaut
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Kratom's apple [Re: Shill]
    #15640169 - 01/09/12 01:58 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Shill said:
Quote:

bryguy27007 said:

There is no n in kratom

I'm aware. I try to pronounce it crat-umm but a little n sound usually sneaks its way in there. About halfway in between is what it ends up being.

Offlinejim617
untrusted cultivator
 User Gallery

#15640177 - 01/09/12 02:00 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I thought it was pronounced cray-tom

Invisibleopenmind
curious
 User Gallery

Re: Kratom's apple [Re: Mr.Pink]
    #15641875 - 01/09/12 07:20 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Mr.Pink said:
Did 2 grams of bali 2 days ago for the first time in a year and felt so euphoric.

Did 14 grams of bali yesterday and didn't get the slightest bit of euphoria.  story of my life

Perfect example of "Less is more" when it comes to kratom.

I have mentioned it around here before, but I will say it again, with kratom there is a "sweet spot" in the dosage (4g to 8g in my experience). Once you surpass the sweet spot you will not notice increased effects, if anything there is a chance of diminished effects.

See, kratom is said to contain an alkaloid that is a opiate receptor antagonist (partial?), that blocks the receptors preventing the body from responding to opiates. In normal doses it's not a big deal as the concentrations are low, but when taking higher doses it has been speculated that this antagonist will block or dull down the opiate receptor activity, leading to diminished effects.

2g is a rather low dose, and 14g is a damn high dose...

:2cents:

--------------------

OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

Loc: : Gringo
    #15641890 - 01/09/12 07:23 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

so i came up with this tonight...but the new rule at my house is if you want specialed to make more kratom tea, you MUST say

"Yo...Mr White, we need to cook again soon..........bitch!"

and then I reply

"Jesse, jesse!  can't you see, don't you get it?  I'm just trying to provide for my family..."

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

Invisibleopenmind
curious
 User Gallery

#15641897 - 01/09/12 07:24 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Artnotwar said:
..What's Kratom like in terms of addiction?

My coffee habit was more addicting than my kratom use. The withdraws from quitting coffee was worse than what I experienced from quitting kratom after daily use for a couple months. With coffee, I needed that shit every day or else I would be tired, irritable, and have bad headaches. With kratom, I could easily go a day with out it and just feel somewhat lethargic.

I don't find kratom to really be all that addicting, but I am one that manages to keep all my habits in moderation. Those that lack self control and enjoy the opiated feeling, may in fact find themselves developing a little bit of a problem.

I consider kratom to be as benign and harmless as cannabis or coffee. Keep your dosage consistent, don't start taking more just because you notice a tolerance, if you start to build a tolerance take a 24 to 48 hour break. I take the stuff daily as an anti-depressant, anti-anxiety, coffee replacement, immune-system booster, and a painkiller. Occasionally taking breaks for a day or two. I take it as, and consider it a medicine more so than something to get fucked up on.

-OM

--------------------

Offline2Cents
Male

Loc: PNW Flag
    #15641988 - 01/09/12 07:43 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

jim617 said:
the downside is tht its highly addictive.  just as much as heroine.  someday you wont be able to get pods but youll be able to get dope, and youll do what you gotta do to stop the aches. I am not lecturing you, just saying, happens that way

Your very wrong. Pod tea is not even remotely as addictive a heroin. Have you ever tried heroin or pod tea? Obviously pod tea is addictive but nothing like a smack habit. Not trying to be a jackass but I think it's important to give accurate description of the addictive potential.

--------------------
Long live the Shroomery!!!

Offlinejim617
untrusted cultivator
 User Gallery

Re: Kratom's apple [Re: 2Cents]
    #15642022 - 01/09/12 07:50 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

2Cents said:
Quote:

jim617 said:

Your very wrong. Pod tea is not even remotely as addictive a heroin. Have you ever tried heroin or pod tea? Obviously pod tea is addictive but nothing like a smack habit. Not trying to be a jackass but I think it's important to give accurate description of the addictive potential.

I have tried everything except the pods but from my research in finding ways to beat my addiction I came accross a lot of people in the same boat as I was in but trying to quit pods.  in my mine an opiate is an opiate. just like the average person could get just as addicted to percs as to oxys or heroine, so why are pods different? 
Believe me if I can take these pods and not have to deal with withdrawing I would.

Offline2Cents
Male

Loc: PNW Flag
    #15642137 - 01/09/12 08:14 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

jim617 said:
Quote:

2Cents said:
Quote:

jim617 said:

I have tried everything except the pods but from my research in finding ways to beat my addiction I came accross a lot of people in the same boat as I was in but trying to quit pods.  in my mine an opiate is an opiate. just like the average person could get just as addicted to percs as to oxys or heroine, so why are pods different? 
Believe me if I can take these pods and not have to deal with withdrawing I would.

Opiates are not all the same, the  power of an addiction to heroin is on a whole other level than pods or hydrocodone. All opiates are addictive but I promise you that the withdrawal for someone addicted to heroin using as often as someone using pod tea is significantly more powerful.

Again I'm not saying that an addiction to pods is not serious or anything like that because it is very much a powerful addiction but heroin is other worldly in how it controls an addict.

Anyone who has experience with heroin addiction either first or second hand can vouch for this.

--------------------
Long live the Shroomery!!!

OfflineArtnotwar
Chemical Researcher
Male User Gallery

#15643243 - 01/09/12 11:59 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

openmind said:
Those that lack self control and enjoy the opiated feeling, may in fact find themselves developing a little bit of a problem.

I definitely agree with this. Its also very circumstantial. I found myself with a xanax problem when i was at a low point in my life. This is why I'm not scared to try heroin in the right time in my life. I've smoked a fair bit of meth in my time, but never at one point did I find myself addicted at all.

--------------------
and hear.
millionth of reality.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies