Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: If We?re Going to Be Taken Somewhat Seriously [Re: ]
    #1565868 - 05/21/03 12:35 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I've gotten to know anno quite well these years, and his skepticism is not directed on you MM as a problem. He speaks of how his experience has been for the last few years with all kinds of projects at the shroomery.

Like I said before there are people here like you that do contribute and work hard for the site. But overall a lot of projects and people working on them do it at best 1/10 of their free time, if we are lucky :smile:

This is a common problem in websites that require volunteers for the majority of work, and I think that it will always be this way to a degree.

Nobody is mad/dissapointed here, its just about reality and its been that experience for anno and yes myself since I signed up many years ago.

No need to take it personally MM, you do great work and compared to most you do a great deal of things here. So don't take Anno's comments as a direct comment on you, believe me anno and myself have talked alot through the years about people who say they will do something, and then don't follow through.

It gets to you after a while, since you tend to lose faith in the system so to speak.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: If We?re Going to Be Taken Somewhat Seriously [Re: Thor]
    #1565939 - 05/21/03 12:51 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #1566024 - 05/21/03 01:13 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

>I forgot to mention that dear soul Zeronio has volunteered to help me with the Hunting FAQ.

Great! I?ll give him acccess to the Hunting FAQ ASAP!

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Loc: Radio Free Tibet!
Re: If We?re Going to Be Taken Somewhat Seriously [Re: World Spirit]
    #1566028 - 05/21/03 01:13 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

> Will this work, Papaver?

Yes, and my fleeting, flibbertigibbet, mind was able to read and comprehend that... :smile:

I also think Geo has the right idea about developing it off-line... :smile:

--------------------

Offlinepseudopod
scattered,smothered,covered...

Re: If We?re Going to Be Taken Somewhat Seriously [Re: Papaver]
    #1566312 - 05/21/03 02:41 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I'm not much help where it comes to coding, but I'd be happy to work up a design for you. Designing it before the content is created is putting the cart before the horse, though. If you want me to help I can only really come in with the design at the end. It isn't all about making it pretty, it is about the organization of information. I design in order to make information (hopefully) more easily understood, so I kinda need the information in order to order it, if you know what I mean. I'm probably the wrong person for the job in this case, but I still think it is a good idea.
(edit: make that horse before the cart. bah. you know what I mean ) :grin:

Edited by pseudopod (05/21/03 08:47 PM)

Anonymous

Re: If We?re Going to Be Taken Somewhat Seriously [Re: Anno]
    #1567152 - 05/21/03 07:55 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

OfflineJazzMatazz
addict

Loc: Vienna, Austria
    #1568662 - 05/22/03 07:57 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

why do you want to get people to take drugs?
Think of it: Have you got any trouble in getting what you need? Have you ever been prosecuted?
see what i mean...

--------------------
Perception is limited to consciousness.Expand it and unfold other realities.

OfflineSombie
Moonrock eater

Loc: Stafford, Virginia
    #1570269 - 05/22/03 07:46 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I read all of this post, but I havent read all the replies, so if someone has already suggested this, then fuck.

you know, it seems like everymonth there is a huge "legalize marijuana" march. But nothing for any other drugs. We should organize a "legalize mushrooms" or "legalize psychedellics" march.

--------------------
"America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable." - Hunter S Thompson

Check out Agio

Follow my NFL Blog

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1571742 - 05/23/03 09:09 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Deleted by admin

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #1572081 - 05/23/03 12:22 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: If We?re Going to Be Taken Somewhat Seriously [Re: Anno]
    #1573518 - 05/23/03 10:30 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Deleted by admin

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
    #1574711 - 05/24/03 02:54 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

This describes the legality of mushrooms in the UK.

--------------------

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
    #1575968 - 05/25/03 07:13 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

http://www.erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/mushrooms_law.shtml

And from the Mushroom FAQ on erowid.org

LEGALITY
Here's a list of the places we know about. Much of this is 'off the net' and may thus be more or less flawed. "Y" means it is legal, "N" means it is illegal, "?" means their status is unclear.

A: Possession of fresh mushrooms
B: Possession of dried mushrooms
C: Possession of mushroom spores
D: Cultures at mycelium stage
E: Cultures at mushroom stage

Location A B C D E Noted
Austria Y ? Y Y Y Mushrooms are considered decorative plants and unless attempts to extract psilocybin are made, they should remain legal.
Canada Y N Y Y Y If Bill C-7 passes, possession of fresh mushrooms and cultures will become illegal.
Great Britain Y * Y Y N A legislative quirk allows the possession of "naturally dried" (sun-dried) shrooms, but mushrooms prepared for use are illegal.
The Netherlands Y N Y Y Y Even the sale of fresh mushrooms is legal. See "Growing Mushrooms" for addresses.
United States
(California) N N N N N Spores and cultures are explicitly forbidden by CA Health & Safety Code Section 11391.
United States
(Florida) Y N Y Y N Possession of fresh mushroom if picked "accidentally" (low quantities) is allowed.
United States
(Oregon) Y N Y Y N Even allowing mushrooms to grow on your property is (theoretically) illegal.
United States
(Federal) N N Y Y N Most prosecutions in the US are under state law, federal prosecution normally saved for very large busts.
International Y N Y Y N This is the United Nations standard and most nations follow it.

These laws are based on a balance between the UN Convention on Psychotropic Substances, which makes psilocybin and psilocin illegal, and recognition of the fact that the substances occur in nature. For each category:
Fresh shrooms: The basic idea is that since shrooms grow in nature, it'd be silly to arrest grannies who happen to have a few growing in their backyard, or who pick them by accident. This hasn't stopped most of the US (except Florida) from banning them entirely. Of course, if you are caught with 3000 Str. cubensis, you'll have a hard time claiming you picked them by "accident".
Dry shrooms: Usually taken as proof of intent to consume, and thus illegal. In Britain, "naturally dried" shrooms are legal, ie. if you leave them on a windowsill by 'accident' it's OK.
Shroom spores: Spores contain no psilocybin or psilocin and thus are not covered by regulations - except in California.
Cultures before shrooms appear: Same as above, usually. Advanced mycelia do contain psilocybin and psilocin. With the rice cake method you can grow until the mycelia are complete and then eat the cakes; this way you can trip without ever being in possession of shrooms.
Cultures after shrooms appear: Clear intent to consume, and you'll probably get charged with possession with intent to sell as well. However, in some of the more liberal countries such as Finland, you might be able to argue that the mushrooms were grown for decorative (ha!) or research purposes...but don't count on it.

Several states have implemented "paraphrenalia laws" which outlaw sale or possession of pretty much anything related to the production or use of illegal psychoactives. The laws generally include such things as bongs, pipes, needles, growing equipment, and theoretically...mushroom spores. In reality, these laws are generally used to hassle and confiscate the products of head shops that market to the drug using community. As far as we know there have been few prosecutions of head shops, and no prosecutions of individuals based on these paraphrenalia laws.

Mushroom hunting is another issue. On public property, hunting itself is not illegal, but you're not likely to run into cows in national parks either. Some countries like Finland have the legal concept of "everyman's right" which allows, among other things, picking mushrooms on private property, except on fields which once again makes things tricky. In the United States, it is a crime to trespass on private property which is marked 'No Trespassing'. Unless you live in a notorious shroom zone - some areas of Florida and South Wales come to mind - the odds of getting hassled by farmers, much less getting caught by the police, are reasonably low. But it is certainly possible to run into a irate property owner or police officer carrying a shotgun. In the late 1970's a deputy sheriff shot and killed two mushroom pickers for returning to a field after he told them not to return. He was given an eight year sentence for his crime.

If you are caught mushroom hunting by the police, it's possible to be charged with both trespassing and possession of a controlled substance. In practice, many people are either fined, or simply have their mushrooms confiscated. Unless possession of large quantities, production (growing), or sales are involved, it is likely you will get by with probation and/or a fine. If caught in Florida, you may be able to cite the state laws and have the possession charge reduced or dropped entirely.

Occasionally, when a search warrant is served for other charges (generally production or sale of other scheduled substances) and mushrooms are found, they add possession of mushrooms to the charges. However, it is relatively rare to have possession of personal use quanitites of mushrooms alone lead to prosecution, conviction, and jail time.

I remember seeing a site around that was trying to push for the legalisation of LSD, can't remember the url though. I was thinking if I could find the site, you could speak to them, and get a joint psychedelic legalisation rally going on (for both LSD and mushrooms respectively). Still looking, but I found this, which might help

http://www.druglibrary.org/schaffer/lsd/mishan.htm (about why LSD should be legalised, arguements can apply to mushrooms as well)

Also - http://www.druglibrary.org/schaffer/lsd/gnosis.htm

I couldn't find the website I was thinking of, but do have a look around the net. You want to be able to get support from here AND from as many other places as you can. Email people who have done articles, studies, etc, and get some serious backing going.
The likelihood of psychedelics being legalised is pretty slim, BUT no harm in giving it a shot.

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: If We?re Going to Be Taken Somewhat Seriously [Re: Sheepish]
    #1576137 - 05/25/03 10:27 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Deleted by admin

OfflineJourney
    #1591778 - 05/29/03 11:36 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Great post enter. I totally agree with you. Theres enough of us here at the Shroomery that we CAN make a difference

Edit: I took the liberty of replacing his redundant link with a link to his PA&L thread on the matter, since I'm quite sure that's what he meant to link to.

Edited by geokills (05/30/03 05:49 PM)

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1592532 - 05/30/03 09:04 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Deleted by admin

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1593320 - 05/30/03 01:27 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

lol yeah I was confused about that too heh :smile:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Anonymous

Post deleted by Papaver [Re: ]
    #1594579 - 05/30/03 07:28 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

OfflineJourney
    #1617759 - 06/08/03 04:12 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Shit lol ha, that seemed sorta dorky, thanks for fixing the link Geo

OfflineJourney
    #1617768 - 06/08/03 04:20 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

If you follow the link in my sig to my (succesful :smirk:) thread, I was thinking of a more individual approach to activism, etc. For example I suggested we each tell our family and friends that we're proud drug users, or pass around flyers with some real info. I think that the reason were losing is because the government has given drugs such a bad rep people wouldn't even consider listening to us. If we could change there views with some real info, that would be a great success.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck