Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
If We?re Going to Be Taken Somewhat Seriously
    #1562566 - 05/20/03 09:09 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Deleted by admin

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: If We?re Going to Be Taken Somewhat Seriously [Re: World Spirit]
    #1562573 - 05/20/03 09:14 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

>I don?t want this idea getting flushed down the toilet because this post is too long.

Can you cut it down to 2 sentences?

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: If We?re Going to Be Taken Somewhat Seriously [Re: Anno]
    #1562594 - 05/20/03 09:35 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Deleted by admin

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1562658 - 05/20/03 10:31 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

OK, I read the whole novel, still I must admit I?m too retarded to understand what you are really trying to say.
Sorry.
My bad.

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Loc: Radio Free Tibet!
    #1562908 - 05/20/03 12:36 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

In all seriousness, Anno has a point. In the world of advertising, which is the world of changing people's minds, you need to keep it simple. You need a slogan, a tag line, a sound byte. Something like, Got Milk? or Pork the Other White Meat?

Especially, in this world of shortened attention spans. I got about half way through, and then I bogged down. I believe you are saying that, as a community, we need to participate more in the legalization movement. Is this correct?

How about, Only You, Can Make it Legal?

I don't know. I'm just blue skying it here, but let's get something, and run it up the old flag pole -- maybe somebody will salute it!

--------------------

Anonymous

#1562965 - 05/20/03 12:57 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
    #1563216 - 05/20/03 02:29 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Great idea!!!!  :shocked:  :grin:

I'm suprised most other mods do not take this seriously  :blush:

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1564503 - 05/20/03 10:53 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Deleted by admin

Offlinepseudopod
scattered,smothered,covered...

#1564713 - 05/20/03 11:56 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Another good idea. I think anno has a point, though (maybe it's the german in me). The broad strokes are there, but I see problems in both this thread and your previous one about online books in that you haven't given specifics. Alot of us feel the same way as you, but in order for us to ever act on these ideas there have to be specific actions taken.

If you really want to be taken seriously, give some thought to what these possible actions are. You don't have to have it all figured out, but at least have one plan you can offer. Less pathos and more logos would help too.

I'm not busting your chops, Enter. I think you have a real passion and you should act on it, but the devil is in the details. Unfortunately, message boards are not the best place to brainstorm because so many opinions are given that it can be hard to wade through it all.

I'm game if there is a good plan, I've got decent conceptual and design skills and a little time to donate (if anyone is curious about me wanting to be a mod the answer is: nope, uh-uh, no way, never). I just think you will get farther if you do more than say, "Here's a great idea, you guys figure out how to do it."

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: If We?re Going to Be Taken Somewhat Seriously [Re: ]
    #1564735 - 05/21/03 12:07 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

>We have loads of talent here and we need to attract more.

Talent, talent....
Talent is NOTHING if you don?t use it. And I don?t see many people here doing it. You, papaver and others should know what I mean....

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

#1564807 - 05/21/03 12:39 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Anno ~ C'mon, man. Seriously. You're either scared of the eccentric inside you or you're not giving this post a fair read.

Papaver ~ Same thing.

Where's Thor when you need him for backup? Thor??????????? Ummmmm....THOR!???????  :frown: 

"scared of the eccentric inside you"??? :shocked:

You obviously haven't been paying attention to me over the past year... :wink:

Nor, what I wrote. I said that some of us have very, very, short attention spans, and that you need to condense it a little, and spoon feed it to us! You didn't even comment on whether my sumation was on track or not, so what am I to think? Hey, I tried to read it -- I really did, but you need to work with me here, people! :smile:

All I'm saying is, that you should condense your thesis, and sell it a little better, for those of us, who have been fighting this against this war on drugs in the trenches for the past several decades, and are more than a little "shell shocked." :crazy:

I'm trying to help you out here -- in my own special way -- and I gave you damn good advice! :laugh:

PS: Anno, I heard that! :wink:

About a decade ago, I switched from being a "doer" to a "delegator" -- because I'm a little older, and slower, and the money's better... :smirk:

--------------------

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
    #1564889 - 05/21/03 01:15 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

>We have loads of talent here and we need to attract more.

Talent, talent....
Talent is NOTHING if you don?t use it. And I don?t see many people here doing it. You, papaver and others  should know what I mean....   

I think yes a part of it is apathy or even a bit of lazyness on all our parts. Problem is we seem to be in short supply of 'doers' and have a ample supply of 'talkers' :smile:

I hold no ill will to anyone who's said they would help on a project here and not followed through with it, because sometimes direction wasn't properly given, other times people lost interest or just weren't willing or able to donate their effort/time to a given project or idea.

What seperates the shroomery from some other online places is finding people who work their ass off on projects for no other reason than to better the community.

Mind you it has improved steadilly, the FAQs, Mush hunt guide, etc.. People do contribute and I think that a few key leaders in any given projects need to have people around them that are dedicated to doing the job at hand.

I think the Shroomery Newsletter is a perfect example of lots of good intentions and ideas, but very little follow through on all involved (including me) :smile:

Leaders have to lead with clear goals, direction; and the people involved in any project have to have deadlines, have dedication to the project, and most importantly be consistantly involved.

Well like has been said enter you need to be more clear and specific on what exactly you'd like to see done. I think I was somewhat famous for my speeches of which were usually more of a broad sense, but whats needed is specifics and people who will then act on those things needed to be done. 

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Re: If We?re Going to Be Taken Somewhat Seriously [Re: Thor]
    #1564956 - 05/21/03 02:17 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Well like has been said enter you need to be more clear and specific on what exactly you'd like to see done. I think I was somewhat famous for my speeches of which were usually more of a broad sense, but whats needed is specifics and people who will then act on those things needed to be done.

I think what Thor's trying to say, is that when you want a small child to clean their room, you just don't say "clean your room," because the instructions are too vague, and the task will overwhelm them. Instead, you ask them to put their socks away, and then to put their books away, and then to put their toys away, and so forth...

So perhaps you should look at the problem this way: We are the undisciplined youths of america, and you are the frustrated single mother trying to not only raise us, but to also find satisfaction in an adult relationship, and pursue a successful career in public relations...

Okay, I admit it, I'm a little drunk, but I'm going to sleep soon... I promise... :laugh:

--------------------

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: If We?re Going to Be Taken Somewhat Seriously [Re: Papaver]
    #1565090 - 05/21/03 06:18 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Deleted by admin

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: If We?re Going to Be Taken Somewhat Seriously [Re: Papaver]
    #1565093 - 05/21/03 06:26 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Deleted by admin

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
Re: If We’re Going to Be Taken Somewhat Seriously [Re: World Spirit]
    #1565711 - 05/21/03 12:01 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

good idea man, but do not succumb to these slogans a couple people suggested above. Simple slogans are for simple minds, you are not trying to sell them anything, but rather to inform them. Your information needs to be as detailed as possible with man references. Of course I suggest you summarize your arguments before diving into an essay or something but DO NOT leave out detailed information, your exact plans, resources, etc. Lazy people with short attention spans will not be of much help to us, plus the more info you have posted the more serious and professional your arguments will come across.

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
    #1565720 - 05/21/03 12:03 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I support this idea, but I elect we design the page "off-line" - not literally, but behind the scenes so the public isn't confused with a work in progress. Other than that, this is completely feasible. Gather some information and either e-mail or PM it to me and we'll see what we can do.

This will also protect against people losing interest in the project, as the page won't be released until it exploits a reasonable amount of information. Of course, a link will be available to all people working on it.

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: If We?re Going to Be Taken Somewhat Seriously [Re: geokills]
    #1565740 - 05/21/03 12:07 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

>as the page won't be released until it exploits a reasonable amount of information

July 1st 2005  :wink: 

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
    #1565756 - 05/21/03 12:09 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

Anonymous

Re: If We?re Going to Be Taken Somewhat Seriously [Re: Thor]
    #1565826 - 05/21/03 12:27 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals