Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Boomr Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinejackal83
Stranger

help newbie in smal town,
    #15612815 - 01/03/12 10:15 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Hello from .,,,,,,,,,,,) ,and sory on my bad English speling ..

I got 1 jars of 300 grams colonized rye,and 4 smal jar with 50grams in ewry jar also colonized rye ,all are colonized about 90% ....

And nouw i got BIG problem i live in small town where i canot buy vermiculite, perlite or coco-coir ,nothing realy nothing ,except garden soil,,,((nouw is too late to order anything)) and HYDROballs (for water ,to try raise moisture) and i whil probaly try toomorow find a old dry cow-manure,in vilage nerbay,,,

So if you guys can help me to try grow my first Mushroms, from my colonized rye,i was write what i have,and that is almost nothing,,, SO PLEASE HELLP to birth my mushroms  in best way that i can,,,and ewry help houw to GET BEST HUNIDITY IN MY TERARIUM(consrtucted with big plastic box, with fish heater)

THANX PEPOLEand sory for bad english

Edited by jackal83 (04/26/13 07:08 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBig Pappa
Challenged
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smurf Village Flag
Re: help newbie in smal town, [Re: jackal83] * 1
    #15612845 - 01/03/12 10:24 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Go get you some manure, and some straw.  Thats really all you need and should be available in your area.  Pasteurize the manure and the straw.  Make a mono tub, get rid of the heater.  Mix a quart jar of manure with a big handful of the straw and a quart jar of your colonized grain.  Mix it all up real good. 

If you keep it clean, you'll see pins start forming in about 2 weeks.  Fan and mist it once you start seeing pins.

There is a spell check at the bottom of this screen to help you with your English :smile:

--------------------

For Sale
Want List

We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.

Offlinesof4r0ckeRs1984
Male User Gallery

Re: help newbie in smal town, [Re: jackal83]
    #15612857 - 01/03/12 10:26 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

You could do a monotub/bucket with straw :shrug: or even strawlog tek www.letsgrowmushrooms.com has some good tutorial videos on strawlog tek.
But I think for strawlog tek you'd need some more spawn, so if you can build a glovebox, grain to grain transfer would be an option.

After full colonisation of the bulk substrate give it a consolidation time of one to two weeks to make sure the myc digests the colonised substrate, otherwise it's waste of spawn.

:cheers: to croatia!

Edited by sof4r0ckeRs1984 (01/03/12 10:29 PM)

OfflineDrCrumbs
Alpha Blue

Loc: Gili Trawangan
Re: help newbie in smal town, [Re: sof4r0ckeRs1984]
    #15612875 - 01/03/12 10:29 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

You can also order stuff from the net. Even if it takes a week or two to get to you, you'll be fine.

I like the mono tub idea the best though!

Offlinejackal83
Stranger

Re: help newbie in smal town, [Re: DrCrumbs]
    #15613404 - 01/04/12 12:47 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

we dont have straw here(I was loking,in vilage nerbay,mediteranian clima),, in pet shop only have a wod chips for rats and that kinda a pets :smile:

i gota a plans for ordering from net after this "grow"if be "good",,from this "colonized jars i only asking copule trips and prints,than i whil work with all stuf(perlite verm etc,etc...)from net whill order .,,,,,,

but nouw i only wona try grow mushrom on esyeast way,becose i dont have all neded stuff,,,

it is posible that i take out all colonized substrat out and nothing add ,just brake the jar and like the cake put "myc" in huminized terrarium...

or that i mix some garden soil with colonized myc and go in that way,,,,or that i put some coow manure in garden soil and than put casing....

HATE THIS TOWN grr nothing to buy ,nothing

Edited by jackal83 (05/17/13 03:58 AM)

Offlinesof4r0ckeRs1984
Male User Gallery

Re: help newbie in smal town, [Re: jackal83]
    #15613412 - 01/04/12 12:49 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

If you have a pet shop, do they sell coco coir bricks for reptile terraria?

Offlinejackal83
Stranger

#15613767 - 01/04/12 03:47 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

NO,only wodchips and saw dust,for rats,(I WAS TRY ORDER IN SHOP BUT THEY NOT ORDERING),,,nothing,realy nothing,IN this fc.. town,,,last few days i was be in ewry store for agriculture,in garden center they even dont know what is vermiculit or perlit only have HYDRObals....

[b]it is posible,grow mushrom without casing only on substrat....

i was read that coffe is good food for mushrom((i know that is neded some preparation))  but it is posiblle do some tiny layer over colonized substrat

strain is cambodian

Edited by jackal83 (01/04/12 03:57 AM)

Invisiblewildernessjunkie
Reshitivest
I'm a teapot

Loc: HTTP 404 Not Found
Trusted Cultivator
    #15613780 - 01/04/12 03:52 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Im curious as to what you come up with here, and whether or not it works.

OfflinepsyShroomer
I love this shit!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: TX, USA
Re: help newbie in smal town, [Re: Big Pappa]
    #15613811 - 01/04/12 04:27 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

You really don't need to case. 

Quote:

Big Pappa said:
Go get you some manure, and some straw.  Thats really all you need and should be available in your area.  Pasteurize the manure and the straw.  Make a mono tub, get rid of the heater.  Mix a quart jar of manure with a big handful of the straw and a quart jar of your colonized grain.  Mix it all up real good. 

If you keep it clean, you'll see pins start forming in about 2 weeks.  Fan and mist it once you start seeing pins.

There is a spell check at the bottom of this screen to help you with your English :smile:

Like BigPappa wrote, all you need is the straw and manure. 

The casing layer is only there to help keep out contams and keep in moisture.  It adds no nutrition for the myc.  If you want to do mono tub then the tub provides the protection and keeps in the moisture, no casing required.  There are plenty of people here who don't case.  If want to case there is nothing wrong with using plain ole dirt, if you have access to nothing else.  Just be sure it and doesn't contain toxins (ie herbicides or fungicides).  It is very important to pasteurize before using as a casing layer, and when you apply it, do not pack the dirt down.  You want it to be loose and and aerated.  High O2 levels help initiate pinning.

Still yet another option is peat moss (aka Sphagnum), if you have access to it.

--------------------
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
-Abraham Lincoln

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Boomr Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags