Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineloathe
enthusiast
Re: Info on powdering shrooms
    #15594 - 05/04/00 08:30 AM (23 years, 10 months ago)

Actually a gram of powder can be MORE potent than a gram of dried mushies -- let me explian.

Say you have 10 grams of mushies from differnt cakes. Sometimes different mushies are more potent than others, such as abhorts. If you powder them up and fill capsules (or just eat the powder), you are getting a mixture of each shroom, and the potency can be distributed.

------------------
The girl he had dragged along to the pub with him had grown to loathe him dearly over the last hour, and it would probably have been a great satisfaction to her to know that in a minute and a half or so he would suddenly evaporate into a whiff of hydrogen, ozone, and carbon monoxide. However, when the moment came she would be too busy evaporating herself to notice it.

-Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineIIMikeyII
Re: Info on powdering shrooms [Re: loathe]
    #15596 - 05/04/00 11:17 AM (23 years, 10 months ago)

How would I go about drying and powering? So you saying that 1 g powder is one gram dried it doesnt take anything away like 10 grams wet=1 gram dried? you know what I sayin

InvisibleScratcher
Stranger

Loc: eH
    #15597 - 05/04/00 12:37 PM (23 years, 10 months ago)

You are asking if 1 gram = 1 gram. Yes, it does. It doesn't matter if they are powder or not. The 10:1 thing is for fresh shrooms because they are 90% water. The best thing for grinding up shrooms is a small electric coffee grinder. I got mine at WalMart for about $20.

------------------
Holy shit do I feel good! Where am I?

Anonymous

#15598 - 05/04/00 01:41 PM (23 years, 10 months ago)

IIMikeyII...I will explain how I powder mine, but would like to add that this is not MY tek, just the method that I use. With powder, it is easier to dose accurately and you won't have some greedy fuck trying to gobble down all the caps thinking they are the most potent part. Also as mentioned earlier, if you have different batches or strains, this will equal out the doses.

After your harvest you will need to cool dry them. The method I use is homemade drying racks over a fan, but any method of cool air circulation will work. After 1-2 days, depending on ambient humidity, they will be dry enough to "break". Where I live now, this is sufficient, no need for dessicant, but when I lived on the coast and humidity was 95-100%, dessicant was a must. After they are "cracker" dry, I place them in a handy chopper and this will turn them to dust, literaly, when I take the top off, there is a dust cloud :biggrin: . Sometimes there is a few larger pieces left and these can be ground in a coffee grinder or just keep chopping. After all you have is dust, pack them into OO capsuls. I use a device called Cap-M-Quick. It will pack 50 at a time and is very fast. Just load filling tray with bottom half of capsul, measure out 25gr of powder and dump onto the loading tray. Use a card or such to spread evenly across tray and then use a round pencil to "pack" the capsuls or you won't be able to get a full 1/2 gr into each. Lower tray and place on top half and you are done. I use silica crystals in salt shakers to absorb any moisture whether storing whole or in capsuls.

If the capsul bit is more than you want to mess with, just dump powder into a glass of Snapple or mix into a shake. Too easy. This is not the perfect method but I hope it helps and answers your question

------------------
-ChesterCopperpott-
"Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway."

Anonymous

#15599 - 05/04/00 05:04 PM (23 years, 10 months ago)

Chester, great post. Where did you get the cap-M-quick? Seen it on the web? Thanks.

Anonymous

#15600 - 05/04/00 05:20 PM (23 years, 10 months ago)

Most any health food store will have one or can order one. My local one is a co-op type and they will "lend" them out to people. I liked it so much I bought one. They sold it to me for $5.00. I think they retail for $10-12 or so. I'm sure any of the internet sites that sell herbs will have one or something similar. Beats that aluminum block I saw for $30.00 w/ only 10 holes in it!!!!

------------------
-ChesterCopperpott-

Anonymous

#15601 - 05/04/00 09:12 PM (23 years, 10 months ago)

I will try and post a pic of the instructions. The words may not be readable, but the pic is self explanatory. I had to reduce the pic to 20k

------------------
-ChesterCopperpott-

Anonymous

#15602 - 05/04/00 09:29 PM (23 years, 10 months ago)

bartering using powder or pills seems like it would be more difficult.

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
    #15603 - 05/05/00 02:12 AM (23 years, 10 months ago)

cap 'em quick kicks ass! Many many uses.

------------------
-From a registered Mad Scientist

"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obiwan Kenobi (also a Mad Scientist tm)

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Anonymous

#15604 - 05/05/00 12:15 PM (23 years, 10 months ago)

as long as we're on the subject, I've always powdered my shrooms using a mortar and pesltle (sp?) that I got from my local community pharmacy, it works well, then just spread it on pizza (just lift off the cheese and put it on then put the cheese back on) you can barely taste the shrooms, depending on what toppings you have, plus the tomatoe sauce kinda helps the shrooms break down quicker in your system (acidic) and I've always tripped harder. your question about 10 grams wet = 1 gram dried is only partially correct though b/c you will loose potency when drying using any method, so just eat 'em fresh baby!!!!

OfflineWildLASER
Infinity In AGrain Of Salt

#15605 - 05/05/00 09:38 PM (23 years, 10 months ago)

All this talk on powdering has interested me, I planned from the beggining to capsule, I drilled a pill board even. Then I saw this post and the Cap-M-Quik, I did some research, and found another neat device, The Capsule Machine, let me break them down.

Cap-M-Quik - Has space for 50 capsules, you put the capsules in per instructions, and the edge is below the slot (powder easy to get in), then you turn a dial on it (see instructions if you have it) and it lowers the base so you can cap it easier. There is a tamping tool (instead of a rounded pencil this one does all 50 slots) sepereately available for 3-5$, the Cap-M-Quik I see for about 10-12$. You must manually tamp each hole, (unless you got tamping tool, then do all at once) and you must manually place the top on.

The Capsule Machine - This is a nice almost fully automated little capsule machine that does 24 capsules at a time, from 13-17$, You place bottom part of caps in one side, and top in the other half, you put the powder in (there is a tamping tool for 3-4$) and you close the halves. There is a spring mechanism which closes the capsules and then ejects them out, about 2 minutes work for 24 caps.

I would like the capsule machine, but all I can find around here (I only checked 2 different stores of one health food chain) is at one health food store, a 00 Cap-M-Quik, no tamping tool. Well, better then my wooding board, guess Ill have to tamp each one (arg). I might order the Capsule Machine but probably not.

Do you think it is worth ~25 bucks to get the capsule machine and tamping tool, or just spend 10 to get the Cap-M-Quik (sans tamping tool) and not have to recieve another package (parents might start to wonder why this science project is so big, and will continue into the summer, I will say I am interested in mycology, well I AM).

--------------------
,'~Þ

OfflineWildLASER
Infinity In AGrain Of Salt

#15606 - 05/05/00 09:41 PM (23 years, 10 months ago)

Here is a link to a nice site which sells all of these aformentioned items, although it is overpriced:
http://justneatstuff.com/capsules.html

I would reccomend checking local areas, I am currentely debating on spending 10 or 25, I do not have much money and still need some more perlite and wire mesh, and syringes, maybe other things... I once again ask if that 15 dollar investment really matters of if I should just spend the extra time and do Cap-M-Quik (no tamper).

--------------------
,'~Þ

Anonymous

#15607 - 05/05/00 10:44 PM (23 years, 10 months ago)

Just a quick addition, another nice trick for a kick azz ride: Soak your powdered shrooms in vodka or some high proof liquer for a day to a week. Strain the powder out if desired. Drink. Psylocybin disolves very redily in ethanol and tags along with the ethanol past the stomach wall. It will hit you in five to ten minutes hard. Also, the most of the stomach cramps or nausea shroom give you come from the stomach having to break down the tough fibers of the shrooms. Sraining them away can help those with weak stomachs have a better trip. Enjoy!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale