Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTex
n00b
HELP! First Time Grower With Questions about MycoBag Growing
    #1560428 - 05/19/03 02:57 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

:confused:  HELP! Okay I just got four MycoBags from Spore Works with a Golden Teacher syringe, and prior to buying them I had been reading about growing mushrooms and I thought I had it all figured out.  Then I look at a few grow logs and I'm confused again.  I don't understand what to do after i innoculate the growbag and it colonizes.  Do I leave it in the bag untill it fruits and then harvest the mushrooms, and seal the bag back up for the next flush or after it colonizes do i case the cake and let it grow in a fruiting chamber?  I don't really know what casing means or what 50/50 substrait means. And what the heck is dunking? Could one of you more experienced cultivators help me out please?  Any and all help will be welcome. 

--------------------
"Time is Never Wasted, When You're Wasted All the Time."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinejakeholman
crotch rocketsrule!

Re: HELP! First Time Grower With Questions about MycoBag Growing [Re: Tex]
    #1560450 - 05/19/03 03:05 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

you need to wait till 100% colonization, then fruit as you would like (as is in terrarium, cased, or spawned with some nice dung and/or straw) as for the rest of your questions, read some more of the faq's to get u in the right direction-you CAN learn more than ppl can tell you in one post.
Jake H

--------------------
The above statement is fictitious and for entertainment purposes only. I do not use or condone the use of illegal substances, nor do I use or condone the use of legal substances in an illegal manner.

OfflineTex
n00b
Re: HELP! First Time Grower With Questions about MycoBag Growing [Re: jakeholman]
    #1560454 - 05/19/03 03:07 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

OK thanks, but would it be okay if i let it fruit in the bag for all of the flushes? And Could you reccomend a good FAQ for my questions?

--------------------
"Time is Never Wasted, When You're Wasted All the Time."

Edited by Tex (05/19/03 03:08 PM)

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
Re: HELP! First Time Grower With Questions about MycoBag Growing [Re: Tex]
    #1566040 - 05/21/03 01:17 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Do I leave it in the bag untill it fruits and then harvest the mushrooms, and seal the bag back up for the next flush or after it colonizes do i case the cake and let it grow in a fruiting chamber?

that is how I do used to do it....fruiting in the bag has allowed me to also insure my spore prints were as sterile as possible...it's a little more difficult to harvest but it had always seemed to work better for me than cakes and there is alot less hastle, no fanning and misting, no perlite nothing but a bag.....

Quote:

And what the heck is dunking? Could one of you more experienced cultivators help me out please? Any and all help will be welcome.

dunking is simply soaking a cake...it can be done with a mycobag as well but there is a better chance of contamination from it...read the FAQ, it contains alot of information on the subject....

P#1

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag