Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Toilet Paper

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineProtester
Stoner ReekingHavok

New shroomer here need some help iding some finds
    #1558859 - 05/18/03 11:28 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

If any of you guys could help me out i would appreciate it want to make sure i dont eat something i shouldnt. I found the bigger one in some dung and straw in an open feild in the smaller one in some dung under an oak tree in the same feild as the other. Im currently working on spore prints will post them when they are done.

The above is one of the steams

The above is a pic of smaller shrooms growing bear with the lighting it was early in the morning tried to touch it up the best i could.

The above is the cap in case you cant tell from the photo it had an outer fleshy coating that was a sand color and the gills where black farely spread apart and no veil that i could tell of. K the spore print is semi finished not good enough to take a pic of but its appears to be smoke grey, almost the color of mascara

This is a cap from a differnt kind of shroom i found the spore preint form it just finished its a redish brown (thinking its not safe hehehe)

--------------------
I work my shitty 9-5 and I pay my taxes, I'm not hurting anybody else. So why do you care what i do in my spare time.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineProtester
Stoner ReekingHavok

Re: New shroomer here need some help iding some finds [Re: Protester]
    #1558864 - 05/18/03 11:29 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Also forgot im in west Tn area to help you guys narrow it down.

--------------------
I work my shitty 9-5 and I pay my taxes, I'm not hurting anybody else. So why do you care what i do in my spare time.

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#1558889 - 05/18/03 11:39 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I think you have some sort of Coprinus in the first picture...Can't really tell in the second picture what you even have !

You say reddish-brown sporeprint?

OfflineProtester
Stoner ReekingHavok

Re: New shroomer here need some help iding some finds [Re: angryshroom]
    #1558895 - 05/18/03 11:43 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Aye on the sporeprint. It was about 4-5 cm tall about 3cm in radius and the gillsa where petty spread about and brown in color with red edges.

--------------------

OfflineProtester
Stoner ReekingHavok

#1558906 - 05/18/03 11:51 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

ANother question what is a corpinus didnt see it on the shroom list on the hunting info page.

--------------------

OfflineGumbyM
Fishnologist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: BRICK CITY!
Trusted Identifier
    #1558912 - 05/18/03 11:57 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Coprinus are very common mushrooms found in the same habitat as Panaeolus. Coprinus are not active, but are edible. If they are eaten, alcohol should not be consumed 2 days prior to or 5-7 days after eating them.

The caps of most Coprinus will turn into a black slimy goo after a while. Check the mushrooms tomorrow morning and see if they're starting to deteriorate near the edges, if they are, then Coprinus it is.

You said the gills were spaced somewhat far apart, this makes me think that you've got some kind of Panaeolus. Coprinus typicaly have very tightly packed gills. No clue on the species of Panaeolus, we'd need some pics in better lighting if possible. Some Panaeolus are active, some aren't. I wouldn't consider any of them as edibles, because they can cause an upset stomach and a bad case of diarrhea.

OfflineProtester
Stoner ReekingHavok

Re: New shroomer here need some help iding some finds [Re: Gumby]
    #1558948 - 05/19/03 12:18 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Your good man they are already showing signs of deterioration. Oh well maybe ill have better luck later this week thanks for all the help man.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Toilet Paper

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification