Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineEdge
I like plants

Loc: Machu Pichu
an idea for good jar temperature + unrelated question
    #1558520 - 05/18/03 07:58 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

i was thinking.... how about wrapping them in an electric blanket.... its dark, warm, and cozy. could speed up the process a bit. my moose tried it and it seemed to work (no damage done) however it was his first try at colonizing jars... so he couldnt compare it to anything speed/efficiency wise.

on a side note i was wondering if this was a good way to grow shrooms. i stumbled across a shroom grow guide online, not found here. colonizing jars was the same as usual... verm. brf.. .ect.... except wit hthe addition of a tsp. of honey in the water for 12 jars. anwyay... he explains to how to case the jars in an "easy way"... mixing 1 1/2 cups of verm. with 1 1/2 cups of potting soil with water (the ammount isnt handy right now) for bottom layer, then the crushed cakes, then on top about 3 inches of moist potting soil.... you put a top on the container for one week (myclium begins to show through successfully... the substrate has not pulled away from the sides) however then next step... where my moose is at now, is to leave the top off and spray with a mist bottle about 12 times each day on the top layer. does this sound like it would work? it does not involve a fruiting chamber according to this guide.. moose is new so if nobody thinks it would work he'll try saving it by putting it into a chamber.
sorry its so long, thank you.

--------------------
Check Out My "A Report w/ pics and links--FAE, RH, Casings, Cakes, Polyfil, And A Simple Setup And More!"

"For every action there is a reaction; and a Paykie reaction, is quite a fuckin thing"
--Turkish of Snatch

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemicro
bunbun has a gungun
Male User Gallery

Loc: Brick City
Re: an idea for good jar temperature + unrelated question [Re: Edge]
    #1558548 - 05/18/03 08:07 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

No honey -- simple sugars raise the C/N ratio which favors the accumulation of wastes and slows growth.

I wouldn't use potting soil, IMO, but it can work. Also -- I wouldn't leave it covered during the case run for the whole time -- I'd fan off like every other day to minimize dead air pockets (the collection of some CO2 is benificial.)

Also -- you'll probably want to cover them with plastic or something afterward to keep the humidity in so you don't have to spray 12 times a day -- that's rediculous, and could very easily seal the casing and make it non-porous. I have mine covered, mist + fan once/day and the humidity in my room is about 35%. That's up to you, though.

--
Micro

--------------------
Any research paper or book for free
(Avatar is Maxxy, a character by Mizzyam, RIP)

Edited by micro (05/18/03 08:08 PM)

Offlinelemunhed
The hustler'shustler

Loc: Ur moms house
Re: an idea for good jar temperature + unrelated question [Re: micro]
    #1558604 - 05/18/03 08:20 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah. When your mycelium is showing through, don't mist 12 times a day, you should put them into a terrarium. I think that would work, but certainly less effectively than a 50/50+ casing or a verm/coir casing. Stick with those two.

--------------------
You're pompeius, aren't you? I'll make a pompeian of you unless you hold your toungue!

-Tiberius Claudius Nero

OfflineEdge
I like plants

Loc: Machu Pichu
Re: an idea for good jar temperature + unrelated question [Re: lemunhed]
    #1558780 - 05/18/03 08:58 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

thanks a lot. i didnt think this guy knew what he was doing... but i found him first before here... so i tried that first. oh well... i know what to do now. thanks.

--------------------
Check Out My "A Report w/ pics and links--FAE, RH, Casings, Cakes, Polyfil, And A Simple Setup And More!"

"For every action there is a reaction; and a Paykie reaction, is quite a fuckin thing"
--Turkish of Snatch

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: an idea for good jar temperature + unrelated question [Re: Edge]
    #1558865 - 05/18/03 09:30 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I know the tek that you are talking about and even though I believe it to be less effective than teks described here on the shroomery I also understand where he is coming from.
His grow guide is supposed to be as simple and inexpensive as he could get it so as to make it possible for anyone to grow shrooms. The entire suplies list he suggest is only supposed to be and only does cost less than $20 . I started out with his guide and my progress was slower than what I'm getting now that I'm using advice obtained here, but it is working.
I did decide not to use his casing method because others seem so much better thought out, but it does mean that I will be spending more money.

As for the man himself, he is a respected member of the Gainsville shroom culture and has been growing shrooms for longer than most of us here have been out of diapers. Notice I said most because there are some very established and knowledgable individuals here at the shroomery.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate