Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemrr0gers
A man with toomany sweaters...

My Thesis on why Marijuana and Shrooms are a bad Mix....
    #1558357 - 05/18/03 06:47 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I now have understood that weed affects a mushroom "trip" in a bad way, a bad trip. Take a trip back: you are stoned at your house with your parents there in there, you are 15, in your room, door locked and can't maintain for the life of you. Mom comes not on the door to say goodnight, but you think she smells it. You get paranoid and your heart races. Thats just getting paranoid of somthing that DOES exist. See, smoking weed on shrooms, the mushrooms give you the added bonus of hallucinating. Imagine hallucinating while paranoid; it would make you paranoid over shit that isn't there, but merely just a shadow on the wall.

Im stoned while writing this, so if it doesn't make sense, sue me :wink: 

--------------------
In loving memory of Fred Rogers.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Loc: Arizona
Re: My Thesis on why Marijuana and Shrooms are a bad Mix.... [Re: mrr0gers]
    #1558469 - 05/18/03 07:40 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

It's all about the time and place you do it, though.  Any Shroomerite knows that setting is of utmost importance to the outcome of a mushroom trip. 

Of course paranoia is going to result if you are smoking weed, tripping on shrooms, and have to interact with one or both of your parental units.  But if it's done in a paranoia-free situation, the chances are that nothing but good will result.

In my own experience, smoking weed while tripping on mushrooms has done nothing but influence the trip in a completely positive manner.  This is because I kept in mind the fact that setting is of extreme importance, though. 

So what I'm trying to say is that your thesis is only true in certain situations.  Since it is not true all of the time, your argument that marijuana and shrooms are a bad mix really has no validity.

Peace, Brother! :smile:

-RebelSteve

--------------------
Namaste.

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Loc: Florida
Re: My Thesis on why Marijuana and Shrooms are a bad Mix.... [Re: RebelSteve33]
    #1558551 - 05/18/03 08:07 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Its a good theory and I agree you should keep shrooms and weed seperate but its also wrong. You would wig out if your mom came to your room while you were tripping also :tongue:

Offlineliftedoff420
i need drugs

Loc: fo-1-five
Re: My Thesis on why Marijuana and Shrooms are a bad Mix.... [Re: DailyPot]
    #1558754 - 05/18/03 08:50 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

i disagree with your theory

have you ever actaully smoked weed whilke shrooming?

for me it takes the trip into a very enjoyable chaotic extremely visual mindfuck experiance..and i love it!!

i experiance more paranoia off just shrooms, when i hit the weed the trip goes from paranoid to more fun

Offlineshroomizzy
Souless
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Center of the Room
Re: My Thesis on why Marijuana and Shrooms are a bad Mix.... [Re: liftedoff420]
    #1558815 - 05/18/03 09:09 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

yep, tripped yesterday and finally decided i was gonna wait till right after the peak to smoke... holy fuck, that shit sent me right back up there... there wasn't visuals till i smoked

--------------------
:::::Sincerely Yours, I disown you:::::

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

#1558816 - 05/18/03 09:09 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Its different for everyone. While you are 'more fucked up' if you do the two together I feel it takes away for the indivisual quality of the two. You dont get the casual high from mixing and the trip isn't special. Its less spiritual I guess. Whatever, I like them seperate hehe.

Offlinechineseguy
Stranger

Loc: Chongqing, China
    #1558862 - 05/18/03 09:29 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

IMO, tripn without erbal refreshments is like getting real drunk without any cigs-- its still fun but missing something. they go together like peanut butter and jelly.

Offlinemrr0gers
A man with toomany sweaters...

#1558885 - 05/18/03 09:36 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Shit. Sorry. I didn't mean a bad mix for everybody, but just for the people who try the mix and the end result is baaaaaaad.

--------------------
In loving memory of Fred Rogers.

OfflineShroomyJ
Psychoactive Guy

Loc: Netherlands
    #1559350 - 05/19/03 02:45 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I'm never ever paranoid about stupid things when I'm stoned, "stay real" is my advise.
Shrooms + Weed = twice as fun as without it.. makes you have something to do too, rolling a joint is weird on mushies :laugh:
I have had NO visuals on mushrooms without weed... for me it's a must!

Edited by ShroomyJ (05/19/03 02:49 AM)

OfflineRoger_irrelevant
War's boring,change thechannel!

Re: My Thesis on why Marijuana and Shrooms are a bad Mix.... [Re: ShroomyJ]
    #1559452 - 05/19/03 05:29 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

No visuals= Not dosing high enough...nuff said

--------------------
We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams...

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Re: My Thesis on why Marijuana and Shrooms are a bad Mix.... [Re: Roger_irrelevant]
    #1560199 - 05/19/03 01:48 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Exactly! Its better to stick to shrooms alone. If you're not getting what you want dont mix it w/ other stuff, just eat more.

Invisiblebilly cuts
turntablingmycologist

Loc: Saturn
    #1560588 - 05/19/03 03:47 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I smoke dank for the most part of the trip, especially on the come up and when I am coming off the peak. Weed + Shrooms = A damn fine time. I had panic attacks for a couple months in high school from my weed and acid consumption, but I was able to work through them quite easily.

Invisiblechunder
marker

Loc: The City
    #1560597 - 05/19/03 03:50 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I agree that SETTING is a huge factor. I personally love to smoke weed with shrooms. I usually smoke a couple bowls right after the peak, and I smoke some bowls when I'm coming down hard. I find that marijuana really helps with what I've come to call "Shroom Depression". You know, that feeling of exhaustion and hopelessness that sometimes accompanies the come down of a powerful trip.

But as far as setting...one time I was camping with some friends and I had eaten 2 grams and smoked a few bowls. Trip wasn't too intense at all, but one of the guys mentioned that the place we were camping wasn't a legal camping spot (which was untrue, he was just trying to sketch us out). Well...the weed really made the paranoia bad, despite my efforts to quell my worries. But other than that, I find that marijuana really chills me out and makes the trip even better.

--------------------

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1562096 - 05/20/03 12:33 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

weed doesn't cause paranoia - your brain does

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineShroomyJ
Psychoactive Guy

Loc: Netherlands
    #1562367 - 05/20/03 04:52 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Als antwoord op:

Exactly! Its better to stick to shrooms alone. If you're not getting what you want dont mix it w/ other stuff, just eat more.

Yeah.. but I ate enough, a whole portion, that's 3g and I only weigh 62 kg (1.75m long)
Should be enough.. ah well my stomach wasn't completely empty and I had eaten during coming up so that was more of a problem.

Anonymous

#1564774 - 05/21/03 12:24 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Post Deleted by Administrator

Offlinest0nedphucker
Rogue State
Male
Loc: Wales (yes it is a countr...
Re: My Thesis on why Marijuana and Shrooms are a bad Mix.... [Re: ]
    #1565166 - 05/21/03 07:55 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

IMHO cannabis and shrooms are a great mix. I have only tripped once and not smoked mj, that was my first time. I find the weed is very relaxing and to me it is a comfort thing, when im tripping I feel a lot more comfortable with a joint in my hand as it is a reminder of the "real world". However once I was stuck in some sort of mind-loop where I was sat there asking myself "am I tripping?" over and over again. In hindsight it seems absolutely stupid as I clearly was (hence the visuals and quite alarming confusion), in situations where your mind is already distorted and you begin to panic I think weed can sometimes only add to an already agitated state of mind. Then again I have often found that a nice joint eases me into a trip and pushes me gently along the psychedelic stream. So i'd have to say shrooms + weed = a geat experience. Peace guys

--------------------
The punishment which the wise suffer, who refuse to take part in government, is to live under the government of worse men.

Offlinetooky
ol' smokeyglazed eyes

Re: My Thesis on why Marijuana and Shrooms are a bad Mix.... [Re: st0nedphucker]
    #1568967 - 05/22/03 11:19 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

blah blah blah blah... blah

do shrooms, smoke weed, sepreately or together, whatever makes you feel good.

in fact, try all the combinations and make your own mind up

--------------------
--
"Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life."

- Terry Pratchett, Jingo, 1997

Edited by tooky (05/22/03 11:21 AM)

Offlineacidfairy
RainbowCloud
Re: My Thesis on why Marijuana and Shrooms are a bad Mix.... [Re: tooky]
    #1585348 - 05/28/03 02:46 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I am addicted to weed and if I take mushies alone I go crazy. Anyway, they produce such a great relaxing, trance-like feeling for me. The two together are my favorite combination. :0)

--------------------
strawberry lemonade cupcakes in a reborn world derived from psychedelic flowers explode in my racing frying mind

OfflineHagbardCeline
Student-Teacher-Student-Teacher
Male User Gallery

Loc: Overjoyed, at the bottom ...
Re: My Thesis on why Marijuana and Shrooms are a bad Mix.... [Re: acidfairy]
    #1586530 - 05/28/03 09:16 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Well my friend wanted to test this out so the last time he tripped, he didn't smoke. He also tried the complete darkness and silence. He took 5 dried grams, plus 2 grams of passion flower pills. At most it was a super low level 3. More likely a 2.5. At T+ 3 hours, he decided to smoke some dro. His peak was starting to finish, but this launched him to a good level 3. He won't trip without smoking again.

--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

OfflineMeThoD
MeThoD

Re: My Thesis on why Marijuana and Shrooms are a bad Mix.... [Re: HagbardCeline]
    #1586546 - 05/28/03 09:20 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

i have never got paranoid smoking weed, and i think it certainly makes the trip better... first time i tripped i had no weed and it was cool but not that powerful... but the second time i did smoke weed (sitting on top of a water processing plant where everyone passing in cars can see) and i was tripping really hard... best shit ever

--------------------
Every empty bowl must be filled, and a full bowl must always be emptied.

Invisiblepoke smot!
floccinocci floofinator
Male

Re: My Thesis on why Marijuana and Shrooms are a bad Mix.... *DELETED* [Re: HagbardCeline]
    #1588223 - 05/29/03 08:23 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Post deleted by poke smot!

Reason for deletion: x

Offlinepsilo9com
Koh Koh Gadget

Re: My Thesis on why Marijuana and Shrooms are a bad Mix.... [Re: poke smot!]
    #1588666 - 05/29/03 12:22 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

yea, lax parents would have made your trip better.

I never got paranoid from smoking weed either. I don't like to smoke in a car though, i'm always paranoid of the police.

:shivers: the police, eek :shivers

Offliner00tg04t
the main event

Loc: Canada
Re: My Thesis on why Marijuana and Shrooms are a bad Mix.... [Re: psilo9com]
    #1588785 - 05/29/03 01:03 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Fuck the police man.
If they come, ditch it. If they don't find it, they can do shit all about it, and you get off scott free.
If you have bud on you, balls it. It's stupid though, I never blaze when I have bud on me, unless I'm at home or in my buddies house.

About chronic being bad on shrooms? I find it totally amazing. I munched an eighth, they werent hitting me. I took 2 water bong hits, held them both in for 10 secconds, and boom like instantly after I exhaled the seccond hit I was fully peaking.
It's only bad because you did it in the stupidest situation ever. If I was living with my parents who weren't chillen, I'd never blaze in my room. It's common sense.

Also, don't think about Murpheys Law.

--------------------
Bro'z b4 Hoe'z

Offlinepsilo9com
Koh Koh Gadget

Re: My Thesis on why Marijuana and Shrooms are a bad Mix.... [Re: r00tg04t]
    #1589076 - 05/29/03 02:22 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Fuck the police man.

couldn't agree more!

OfflinelnfectedMushroom
Stranger

Loc: Northeastern United State...
Re: My Thesis on why Marijuana and Shrooms are a bad Mix.... [Re: HagbardCeline]
    #1605995 - 06/03/03 06:57 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

It's ignorant to say bud dosnt go with shrooms because the combination has a different effect on everyone. A certain type of person in a specific setting will have a completely different experience than another person in another setting.
It also depends on what the person is trying to get out of the experience. If you just want to trip balls, then smoke. If you are dosing for reasons other than that, I would say, lay off the weed, as it has a tendency to somewhat impair you mentally. You wont be able to accomplish many tasks, and you certainly wont be able to think quickly if for some reason you need to. i.e. your mom walks in.
As for the paranoia, well, I remember one time after dosing (without weed), I thought that there were cameras everywhere. In my personal experience, bud is good after the comedown, It numbs, or abolishes the hangover that I get with most strains of shrooms.

--------------------

Offlinetrev
comming out of retirement
 User Gallery

Loc: Aussie
Re: My Thesis on why Marijuana and Shrooms are a bad Mix.... [Re: lnfectedMushroom]
    #1607004 - 06/04/03 02:11 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

This makes sense to me

--------------------

Anonymous #14
[quote]There are billions of people on this planet. The world does not revolve around the united states, moron. I hope terrorists crash their collective cocks into your asshole. [/quote]

OfflineslobShrooms
Trippin 0n cid
Loc: Chicago
Re: My Thesis on why Marijuana and Shrooms are a bad Mix.... [Re: trev]
    #1607579 - 06/04/03 10:33 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

haha paraniod on weed! NEVER! without weed i would die in my trip. weed gets me through my trips when i trip i seems like i trip for days. I usally take a dose of 3.5 grams dry shrooms and drop a hit of acid (LSD P25) on one of the caps. Then give it about a hour and im trippin balls!!

--------------------
i ate 37 dry grams and my trip wasnt that intense i could have took more ;[

Anonymous

#1628131 - 06/12/03 05:05 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

-deleted-

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds