Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineDrShroomAholic
DrShroomAholic

Loc: You just picked me you ju...
Methanol Extraction + Question's
    #1558271 - 05/18/03 07:56 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Ok here i go,,

Ok i'm shure we have all herd of the Methanol " Yellow Heet " extraction method and for some it work's well and for others it seem's to leave a more unpure yield of crystals, So here is what i was wondering if one was only intrested in the active alkaloids and no the fruit's.

Could a extraction be done on fresh mushroom's to extract the akaloids also yes mushroom's are 90% water so i was wondering if one was either to just use a cold water extract over a 7 day soaking period agitating daily and then filtering under vacum. Then use a decat to absorb the water and would this leave pure product ? Just a thought.

Or could one just use fresh mushroom's and pure methanol and then do the extraction and allow the water and methanold to evaporate.

I am trying to figure out how one would a pure extraction on freshly picked mushroom's and avoid using any form of heat that way you would not lose any potency due to drying or heating.

--------------------
Open wide and shut your eye's stick out your toung you are in for a suprise chew a cap and chew a stem empty your mouth say AMEN and sit on down and let the fun begin your about to leave reality time and time again.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblemicro
bunbun has a gungun
Male User Gallery

Loc: Brick City
Re: Methanol Extraction + Question's [Re: DrShroomAholic]
    #1558302 - 05/18/03 08:14 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

"Could a extraction be done on fresh mushroom's to extract the akaloids also yes mushroom's are 90% water so i was wondering if one was either to just use a cold water extract over a 7 day soaking period agitating daily and then filtering under vacum. Then use a decat to absorb the water and would this leave pure product ? Just a thought."

The mushrooms need to be dry before you do a methanol (CH3OH) extraction, and you must have anhydrous (wo/ water) ch3oh. Psilocybin is not readily soluble in water, especially cold water, unless it is acidified. You will get very, very few alkaloids with a cold water extraction and lose most of the rest.

"Or could one just use fresh mushroom's and pure methanol and then do the extraction and allow the water and methanold to evaporate."

Yes, this works, but there should be no water; it will decrease your yield.

"I am trying to figure out how one would a pure extraction on freshly picked mushroom's and avoid using any form of heat that way you would not lose any potency due to drying or heating. "

You need no heat for a ch3oh extraction -- it will dissolve at R.T. in 12-18 hrs (I leave it for 24.) Drying should not decrease the potency that much, but you could extract them wet, its just the yield will be decreased. If you do 2 or 3 extractions, however, it shouldn't really matter -- most of the water from the shrooms would have dissolved into the alcohol.

Make sure to crush the fruitbodies, first.

--
Micro

--------------------
Any research paper or book for free
(Avatar is Maxxy, a character by Mizzyam, RIP)

OfflineDrShroomAholic
DrShroomAholic

Loc: You just picked me you ju...
Re: Methanol Extraction + Question's [Re: micro]
    #1558311 - 05/18/03 08:19 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

See that is what i was wondering if one was to 3 extraction with pure methanol on fresh mushroom's you would not need to dry the mushroom's correct ?

--------------------
Open wide and shut your eye's stick out your toung you are in for a suprise chew a cap and chew a stem empty your mouth say AMEN and sit on down and let the fun begin your about to leave reality time and time again.

Invisiblemicro
bunbun has a gungun
Male User Gallery

#1558319 - 05/18/03 08:24 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I don't think so -- should still work fine, as long as you add enough pure methanol. Just add lots of methanol, and chop fruitbodies in a blender or something with the methanol.

--
Micro

--------------------

Edited by micro (05/18/03 08:25 PM)

Invisiblemicro
bunbun has a gungun
Male User Gallery

Re: Methanol Extraction + Question's [Re: micro]
    #1558374 - 05/18/03 09:02 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Oh, sorry -- didn't see the 2nd part. No, your product will not be pure, just very concentrated.

--
Micro

--------------------

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #1561073 - 05/19/03 08:33 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology