Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Gel Caps, pH Test Strips

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Explorer ofAnother Realm
a simple extraction method, anyone had success?
    #1557632 - 05/18/03 12:57 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I came across an extraction method calling to add 500 g of cranberry juice w/ 1/2 tsp. of absorbic acid(vitamin c) to a jar with well permeated myc. with a marble for agitation. Says you might have to do it twice, but your left with a frothy layer of myc. with a milky consistency. No nausea, 20-30 mins. till tripville it says. How many doses would this be? How much avg. "active" ingredients does the myc. alone have? Not much i'd assume from a 1/2 to 1 pt. fully colonized jar. But then again you shouldn't assume, right? Anyone used this method, success or failure?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
stranger thanmost
Loc: behind the bookshelf
Re: a simple extraction method, anyone had success? [Re: scottshrooms]
    #1557640 - 05/18/03 01:03 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

i used str8 orange juice once, for fuller explanation search for a post labeled, Mycaelium-an extremely dumb question and look at bottom reply

u know it aint funny when u aint got no money and the clock strikes 420 and u wanna get high
~Kottonmouth Kings

Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Loc: London
Trusted Cultivator
Re: a simple extraction method, anyone had success? [Re: scottshrooms]
    #1557652 - 05/18/03 01:10 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

i tried it. failure. :confused:

bunbun has a gungun
Male User Gallery

Loc: Brick City
Re: a simple extraction method, anyone had success? [Re: shirley knott]
    #1557743 - 05/18/03 02:15 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

If you do 2-3 good extractions the dosage shouldn't change. I've had sucess with methanol; vinegar also works well but takes a long time to evaporate and smells bad. If you are doing it with mycelium, not the fruitbodies, you have to dry it out first (especially with methanol;) mycelium has a lot of water in it that could screw up the pH or alcohol content. It does work, though. Also keep in mind that the alkaloid content of mycelium is pretty low until it is about to fruit and afterward, but you still have to use a pretty good amount.) I would not use cranberry juice + vitamin C; stick to clear vinegar with as little crap added as possible (stuff in the cranberry juice might have a like charge to psilocybin and especially if it has a higher Ksp it could mess it all up.)

Here is a method that will work:

Take tissue (mycelium or fruitbodies) and dry them and pulverize them a bit. Throw into a blender and add enough methanol or vinegar to cover it 3 times. Blend on a normal speed until the pieces are extremely small, but you should still be able to see individual pieces. Let this sit covered in a glass jar (do not use plastic with methanol, it will get destroyed) for 12-24 hrs, preferrably 24, shaking well occationally. Once it is done sitting, filter the liquid through a metal coffee filter, pressing all the extra liquid out with a spoon, and save the liquid. At this point you can take the remaining tissue from your first extraction and extract it again, using the same procedure. Discard the tissue after you are done extracting it.

Save all the liquid and put it into a shallow container that has a lot of surface area. I have found those glass baking dishes to work very well. Let it sit and evaporate; if you blow a fan over it, it will speed this up. Once it is all evaporated you should be left with a tan-coloured solid residue. This is your end product and should have a good amount of psilocybin in it; put it in gel caps and eat, or whatever you will.

I could come up with a way to further extract it if you want, but I don't think that is the point of the thread.

Any research paper or book for free
(Avatar is Maxxy, a character by Mizzyam, RIP)

Edited by micro (05/18/03 02:18 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Gel Caps, pH Test Strips

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation