Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
Re: BOYCOTT EXXON/MOBIL [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1569713 - 05/22/03 03:23 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

No need my friend. :smirk: :wink:

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
Re: BOYCOTT EXXON/MOBIL [Re: Azmodeus]
    #1569743 - 05/22/03 03:39 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

When i have a property, i will have a generator for light,

Why not use solar power, generators create a lot of air pollution and noise pollution.

Quote:

but will use a woodstove for heat and cooking etc

You're not married are you? Your wife/husband will get pretty pissed if their food takes 10 hours to prepare.

Quote:

But we can certainly make most of it uninhabitable, if not spoil it outright

that's true but i still haven't seen groups of people in support of littering OUR Earth except for large corporations dumping water. Basically what i'm saying is that people like LDS and I have the same desire as you but do not see it as a "do it or die" scenerio.

Quote:

Look at north america from space...reminds me of the growth from some kind of tumor

When i look at N. America from space i see progress and opportunity.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Offlinehongomon
old hand
Loc: comin' at ya
Re: BOYCOTT EXXON/MOBIL [Re: angryshroom]
    #1569755 - 05/22/03 03:43 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Azmodeus and angryshroom, don't forget that Invertigo and luv derive much meaning from life by being button pushers on the Shroomery political forum.  Their bark is worse than their bite.  There's a chance they get around on mopeds and live in their parents' basement.  :smirk:

Here's a paragraph from the very verbose Thoreau's "Walden".  He took two-thirds of a page what the Bible's Jesus said in a sentence: "He who has ears to hear, let him hear."

I do not mean to prescribe rules to strong and valiant natures, who will mind their own affairs whether in heaven or hell, and perchance build more maginificently and spend more lavishly than the richest, without ever impoverishing themselves, not knowing how they live--if indeed, there are any such, as has been dreamed; nor to those who find their encouragement and inspiration in precisely the present condition of things, and cherish it with the fondness and enthusiasm of lovers--and, to some extent, I reckon myself in this number; I do not speak to those who are well employed, in whatever circumstances, and they know whether they are well employed or not; but mainly to the mass of men who are discontented, and idly complaining of the hardness of their lot or of the times, when they might improve them.  There are some who complain most energetically and inconsolably of any, because they are, as they say, doing their duty.  I also have in my mind that seemingy wealthy, but most terribly impovershed class of all, who have accumulated dross, but know not how to use it, or get rid of it, and thus have forged their own golden or silver fetters.      

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: BOYCOTT EXXON/MOBIL [Re: hongomon]
    #1569771 - 05/22/03 03:48 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

If you have something to say, say it. If not try to make a little sense. What have i said in the last few posts that tried to push peoples buttons? If you have a problem with my points feel free to discuss them.

Quote:

bark is worse than their bite. There's a chance they get around on mopeds and live in their parents' basement.

Actually i own 2 SUV's and you quite possibly could be working for me. I am in very good shape both philosophically and monetarily.....oh, and mopeds are gay.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Re: BOYCOTT EXXON/MOBIL [Re: Innvertigo]
    #1569799 - 05/22/03 03:59 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Quote:

When i have a property, i will have a generator for light,

Why not use solar power, generators create a lot of air pollution and noise pollution.

Sure!  that would be a good idea.  Who knows?  they might have alternate technology by then, as i wont be moving until my house is payed off.

Quote:

Quote:

but will use a woodstove for heat and cooking etc

You're not married are you? Your wife/husband will get pretty pissed if their food takes 10 hours to prepare.

Actually i live with my g/f of five years....but i dont mind waiting. :wink: she's a good cook! :laugh:

Quote:

Quote:

But we can certainly make most of it uninhabitable, if not spoil it outright

that's true but i still haven't seen groups of people in support of littering OUR Earth except for large corporations dumping water.  Basically what i'm saying is that people like LDS and I have the same desire as you but do not see it as a "do it or die" scenerio.

Its the present over consumtion that cant continue.  True, noone is for destroying the earth like in that cartoon captain plantet (lol), but just because YOU wont feel the worst of it doesn't mean it wont have adverse consequences later, or that awarwness isn't required now.

Quote:

Quote:

Look at north america from space...reminds me of the growth from some kind of tumor

When i look at N. America from space i see progress and opportunity. 

I used to think so also.  Unfortunately, progress and opportunity is NOT human nature... :frown:

You really see progress and opportunity?!? We have the potential, but "western" lifestyle is self defeating.....we've lost something of what makes us "human"...

--------------------

Lest we forget. "

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

#1569802 - 05/22/03 04:01 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

i own 2 SUV's

Whats the other one for?

--------------------

Lest we forget. "

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#1569816 - 05/22/03 04:09 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

You really see progress and opportunity?!?

I see progress because we are a VERY young country that has accomplished a lot and have grown from a tiny nation into a world power both militarily but more important, economically. We invent and contribute our findings to the world. To me, that's very impressive no matter how much some people HATE us.

I see opportunity in our ability to adapt and grow and hopefully learn and correct our mistakes that will happen. The second we stop growing (philosophically) we are doomed and the US is always looking to improve itself to the likes and dislikes of other countries.

Quote:

We have the potential, but "western" lifestyle is self defeating.....we've lost something of what makes us "human"

If you're talking about city life i agree but i have to admit it, i LOVE the hustle and bustle of the city and at the same time i love the sound of the woods. What makes a human is all relative. I lived in the country full time and hated it. I also lived in the city full time and hated it as well. I'll take both.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#1569817 - 05/22/03 04:10 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Whats the other one for?

My wife.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Edited by Innvertigo (05/22/03 04:11 PM)

Offlinehongomon
old hand
    #1569829 - 05/22/03 04:14 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Hahaha. Chill out, inny. If it makes you feel better, I highly doubt that you ride a scooter and live in your parents' basement. Garage, maybe. And why are you limiting me to "the last few posts"? Are you saying you don't enjoy the mild flame and be flamed aspect of the forum? That's all pushing buttons really is.

In what way didn't I make sense? I hate not making sense. Did Thoreau make sense? The first part of that paragraph is saying that if someone who reads his criticisms of mid-1800s modern American life doesn't agree or doesn't see it that way, that person is welcome to disregard what he says--he's not addressing them. Isn't that fair?

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#1569845 - 05/22/03 04:21 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Hahaha. Chill out, inny.

Noone here has the ability to rile me up.

Quote:

Are you saying you don't enjoy the mild flame and be flamed aspect of the forum?

on the contrary, however in this discussion it has been quite civil since i am discussing something with Azmodeus (the complete polar opposite as I philosophical)

should i start flaming now?

Quote:

In what way didn't I make sense?

see above

Quote:

Did Thoreau make sense?

I wasn't referring to that.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

#1569866 - 05/22/03 04:33 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

I see opportunity in our ability to adapt and grow and hopefully learn and correct our mistakes that will happen. The second we stop growing (philosophically) we are doomed and the US is always looking to improve itself to the likes and dislikes of other countries.

Mind expanding tools are illegal. Public education little more than conditioning of worker bees, to perform thier task until thier worth is less than thier contribution. Out we all go in the morning, and back at night, .... on freeways we are just like insects on a path back to the hive we call a city. Look at condo housing, every unit is exactly the same. This is what i struggle against, but how can i leave the line, when it is crucial to my survival? I see opression, the smothering of individuality, the degrading cycle of human stupidity building and feeding off of itself into some man made neo-technilogical hell, where nature is dismissed and electronics rule or influence every aspect of our life. OH wait, it already does.

this is disapointing....The second we stop growing (philosophically) we are doomed and the US is always looking to improve itself to the likes and dislikes of other countries.

I thought you were referring to humanity, in general as we are all one. One part of humanity sharing with another is no great accomplishment....that is how it should be.

--------------------

Lest we forget. "

Offlinehongomon
old hand
    #1569882 - 05/22/03 04:43 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I suppose there are flames and there are mild flames. I'm associating button-pushing to mild flames. If "flames" is too strong, let's go back to my original term, "pushing buttons". It's nothing bad, it's stuff like this:

"I think you just gave a few environmentalists a heart attack....that means we now have more gas, electricity and air to use up." Forgive me if I see a jab where one was not intended.

Perfectly civil button pushing, that's all I was referring to.

OfflineRadioActiveSlug
addict

#1569905 - 05/22/03 04:56 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

for anyone that's interested in actually useing renewable energy

www.earthship.org

--------------------
"Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one getting burned." -Buddha
www.impeach-bush-now.org

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#1569911 - 05/22/03 04:59 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

fair enough..

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
    #1569965 - 05/22/03 05:22 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Why knock woodstoves? They're actually quite common where I grew up in Wisconsin. Your food wont take 10 hours to prepare, and they're cleaner than burning coal. Silly people....

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: BOYCOTT EXXON/MOBIL [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #1569995 - 05/22/03 05:41 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Some areas have banned wood stoves. Many that haven't have mandated the use of stoves with catalytic converters which is kind of like substituting one type of pollution for another.

No grasshopper... woodstoves are not the answer.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Offlineatomikfunksoldier
T'was born oftrue in the yearof the cock!

Loc: a human-infested anthill
    #1570005 - 05/22/03 05:50 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

i have a small amount of respect for those who drive expensive SUV's. its not that i think less of these individuals, but its obvious that they lack style and creativity.

of course, it all depends on circumstance, but someone who is willing to pay a large amount of money for such a useless item....seems...very unintelligent.

but maybe im just a pompous fool because i respect interesting innovation over comfortable conformity.

--------------------
enjoy the entertaining indentity i have constructed for you while you can.

Edited by atomikfunksoldier (05/22/03 05:51 PM)

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: BOYCOTT EXXON/MOBIL [Re: atomikfunksoldier]
    #1570017 - 05/22/03 05:55 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Try putting a 4' X 8' sheet of plywood or a 1/2 ton of sand into the back of an econo-box.

Your parents paid a lot of money to raise you. Are they unintelligent?

You who thinks he has the answer for everyones needs amuse me.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Offlineatomikfunksoldier
T'was born oftrue in the yearof the cock!

Loc: a human-infested anthill
    #1570045 - 05/22/03 06:05 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

dear luvdemshrooms:

-try putting a 4X6 sheet of plywood into a mercedes m-class

"Your parents paid a lot of money to raise you. Are they unintelligent?"

hahahaha. if you wanna write an intelligent retort, heres a tip:
attack my statement, not me.

firstly, you know nothing about how I was raised. Secondly, there is a mammoth difference between paying money for a child's upbringing, and paying money for an expensive accessory/status symbol/comfort box.

thirdly- "You who thinks he has the answer for everyones needs amuse me"

if you would go back and re-read my statement and actually THINK about it this time, you would notice that i made it explicit that this was my OPINION, and that the choices an individual makes are subject to CIRCUMSTANCE.

i provided no "answer", just an observation on what I
like to see, and what I respect.

try again, this time, put a little more effort into your reply.

--------------------
enjoy the entertaining indentity i have constructed for you while you can.

Edited by atomikfunksoldier (05/22/03 06:06 PM)

Offlinehongomon
old hand
    #1570052 - 05/22/03 06:08 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Try putting a 4' X 8' sheet of plywood or a 1/2 ton of sand into the back of an econo-box.

Try putting them in an SUV.

edit: atomikfunk you beat me to it.

Edited by hongomon (05/22/03 06:10 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale