Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Anonymous #1

Why do we have so much pain in life?
    #1556838 - 05/17/03 10:37 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

hi,

I want to be honest here right now. I have never been so close to killing myself then 10 minutes ago. I have been one roller coaster ride of emotions. The scary thing is that I would killed myself for sure if I had a weapon that did it quicker and didn't let me think much. There is no doubt in my mind. The blood and pain from the knife wound I self inflicted had become to long and drawn out. I have decided to wait and see if my life can get better. I have very little hope still. I have been suicidal for as long as I can remember, but the past 3 weeks have been the worst time of my life(alot of changes for the worst). The only thing that really gives me hope is that I read other people posts and it helps me realize alot of people are in the same situation.

The shroomery has helped me through these troubled times. I can honestly say that without finding this site I would not be here now. Lucid's post has been the foundation for me to improve myself. I put the link to the post down below. Everyone embraces lucid's pain and had contributed there knowledge and painful experiences to help.

If you would like you can give an answer to the question, Why do we have so much pain in life? I don't know if there is a correct answer, but if there is I would like to know.

peace

zerohero
P.S. this post isn't for attention, just need to get some thoughts and feelings off my chest.
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=support&Number=1421156&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Loc: Arizona
Re: Why do we have so much pain in life? [Re: ]
    #1556883 - 05/17/03 11:05 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Why do we have so much pain in life?

If life were nothing but one good day after another; we would soon cease to recognize that the days were good. Life would become dull and meaningless.

Pain is necessary, just as evil is necessary for good to exist, and darkness is necessary for light to exist. Just don't let it blind you. Think of how many good days you've had for every one bad day. Think of the days to come, and think of the endless possibilites for happiness that lie within those days.

Pain can sometimes cause us to put on our blinders and see nothing but the bad. Don't forget to look around and see the good that surrounds you! Keep your eyes and mind open, and never lose sight of the goodness in every day we are given by this beautiful Earth.

Peace and Love,

RebelSteve

--------------------
Namaste.

OfflineLyte it Up 420
It's 4:19...Gota minute?

Loc: New york
Re: Why do we have so much pain in life? [Re: RebelSteve33]
    #1557667 - 05/18/03 01:17 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Well for me i can't focus on the good days. I've had maybe 3 or 4 good days(i mean really good days that i could think back and say wow that was a good day) compaired to evry other day of my almost 21 year old life that was a bad day...everyone always tells me that to get out of depression to try and hope for something or remember some good days, ,but its hard to work for something you've never experienced(those 3 or 4 good days were when i did drugs, i've never had a good day ever without being intoxicated)and its hard to not think of something sad and depressing when that is all you ever know.

--------------------
"Are you suicidal?"
"Only in the morning."
---------------------------------------
"I only lied about being a thief."

InvisibletrendalM
point of inflection
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #1557706 - 05/18/03 01:46 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Why do we have pain in life?

Personally I think we create it ourselves, at least for the most part.

I've decided to always look for the positive. In everything. No matter how bad things seem to get, I can always find some good. Something to grow from, and to better myself from.

Pain may be a fact of life, but I don't think it's a necessity. You can learn to focus pain, in a way, and use it for good.

I'm glad you made the decision to live  :smile: :smile:

--------------------
You're here because you know something.
What you know you can't explain,
But you feel it;
You've felt it your entire life.
That there's something wrong with the world.
You don't know what it is, but it's there....
Like a splinter in your mind...
Driving you mad.

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
    #1557716 - 05/18/03 01:56 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I can't answer your question nor will I try, but I am glad to have you posting about your thoughts and problems!

I to am glad that you chose Life! If you ever feel that you need to talk just send me a PM anytime!

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

Offlinelucid
Jack's AlteredConsciousness

Loc: up on the bidet
Re: Why do we have so much pain in life? [Re: Lyte it Up 420]
    #1557718 - 05/18/03 01:56 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Hey Lyte it Up,
I know how u feel. When one is extreemly depressed remembering good days doesn't seem to help (unfortunately nothing does). I've had *many* good days in the past, entire years... but right now thinking about those days doesn't help. Heck, often even mediation seems pointless (and at times makes me feel much worse) - which is the one thing that used to bring me intense joy and peace. Some times I'm not quite sure how I manage it through the day (or night - last night was particularly bad, only slept an hour or so). Don't know quite what to say. Wish I could offer u some help....
I think I do understand one thing tho - *anyone* can get severely depressed... no one is immune. I've read about depressed monks... although there are few. It's a very difficult thing to deal with. It's not a matter of thinking or not thinking enough about life or about desire. In order to overcome this, I think something *major* will have to change within me, a true transformation, not a simple understanding or thought but a "realization". Something that would truely change my perspective on things.

--------------------
"no-mind un-thinks no-thought..."

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1557733 - 05/18/03 02:08 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Deleted by admin

Edited by Enter (05/18/03 03:07 PM)

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: Why do we have so much pain in life? [Re: World Spirit]
    #1558375 - 05/18/03 09:02 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Because reality as a whole can only be understood for what you feel, so pain is a part of it and so it must be experienced.
Sometimes you ask for it and sometimes it comes when not wanted, for some is too much and for others is acceptable but at the end it's YOU the one handling pain... it's all a question if you can take it or not, some can, so why can't you ?

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Anonymous #1

Re: Why do we have so much pain in life? [Re: MAIA]
    #1558430 - 05/18/03 09:26 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks guys

I used to have great years like lucid. Its just always in the back of my mind I knew I would go crazy some day and end my life. I don't know if its a self-fulfilling prophecy or what. My life was great. I was always with this one person who made life worth living. Now I have to learn to do it alone. I am glad I will at least have support from shroomites. You guys are my friends in a way. I am glad I can talk without being judged. I guess I will try to focus the great days of my life. thanks again.

peace

zerohero

InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Loc: Arizona
    #1558536 - 05/18/03 10:02 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Don't just focus on the great days of your life, for this would be living in the past.  What you need to do is learn how to live happily in the now.  Thinking about great days from your past might help you to be temporarily happy, but what will you do when this remedy no longer cures your ailment?

You need to find a permanent solution to your problem to help you thoroughly enjoy and live life in the present moment.  You say, "My life was great. I was always with this one person who made life worth living. Now I have to learn to do it alone."

Don't look at this as an arduous obstacle that you're going to have to overcome.  Look at this as an awesome opportunity for you to get more in touch with your Self!  I know many people who have been in long term relationships, only to find that once the relationship ended, they no longer knew how to live happily on their own!

This sounds a lot like what you are facing right now, and I just want to impress upon you that this is an excellent time for you to grow as a person!  You need to do some real soul-searching in the days to come.  Find out what makes you happy, and embrace whatever that is!

Really get back in touch with the true You.  Realize that You are an awesome, amazing creature with a giant capacity for love and compassion.  Realize that the world is lying endless opportunities for peace and happiness and contentment at your feet, and pick those opportunities up!

Don't just focus on the good from your past, but open your eyes to the goodness all around you, and focus on that!  It might sound hard, but if you really try, You can make it happen.  You have the ability to control your destiny, your emotions, your mood and your mind-state.  Many people who have been dependent on another for so long forget the power they have over their own Selves.

Find your inner strength again.  Find your inner peace and happiness.  It's within you somewhere, and right now you have the awesome task of finding it again.  What an exciting, spiritual journey lays ahead of you!

Don't worry... Be happy!!!  :grin: :grin: :grin:

Peace & Love,

RebelSteve

--------------------
Namaste.

InvisibleArmFromTheAbyss
Old Hand

Loc: Down here in Babylon
    #1558575 - 05/18/03 10:14 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

It's those that don't give up on the positive that will enjoy it when it comes back to them.

It will.

--------------------

Anonymous #1

Re: Why do we have so much pain in life? [Re: RebelSteve33]
    #1558671 - 05/18/03 10:35 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

thanks rebelsteve,

I think your right about growing. I think I need to do alot of soul searching.  I appreciate your positive aspect about it everything.  I should look at it in a positive way.  I know I can and needs to be done, but it is really hard.  I can't seem to stop think about this person, everyday and night.  Its just very hard for me to heal from this. My mind is drawn to this person no matter what I do.  I can't even sleep in peace.  I use forms of mediations to relax and I taken courses on how to deal with worry and pain. Most of the mediation techinques I learned were from lucid post.  Its just seem like I need to mediate 24/7 to feel whole again. Even then, I fight all my "demons".

Maybe I need a change of enviroment. Take a vacation and enjoy nature and find myself again. I believe I have the man I used to be inside of me. I just need to grow and find my happiness again. :smile: see, I can sort of smile again. don't know what I would do without your help.

thanks

zerohero 

InvisibleSmack31
Stranger

#1558861 - 05/18/03 11:28 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I went through something like this for a couple (recent) years of my life. Some days were "okay" and i was "okay" (distant and unattatched, but safe) but there were those spells were I would find my self sliding closer and closer to the end of the rope. The world that I used to feel safe in was gone, and the place I found myself in seemed worse and worse by the day.

More than anything, just hanging out here at the Shroomery helped me get by... (see my post count? most of that was me "hanging on") It didn't help me solve my problems, but it kept my head busy and my thoughts away from where they would go when I would just sit and stare at the wall for hours on end.

During that time I also did a lot of reading, writing, dreaming, and trying to learn new things... art, music, watching squirrels play in the tree on the other side of my window, ripping shit apart and putting it back together, anything to keep myself busy.

I remember one day I was driving home from somewhere... the sun was shining, I had my windows down and the radio all the way up. I was in a great mood just enojoying life, screaming along with one of those angst, sorrow, confusion filled "everything sucks, i want to die" songs and it just hit my like a flash, how close I had actually come to giving everything away. I laughed at first, but then I cried. Life really is beautiful, and sometimes the most simplest of things will remind you of this. And the longer you hang in there, the more and more you will start to see the simple things, these treasured moments of personal joy.

Anyway... I don't know if all that rambling was necessary, but that's a small part of my story and I felt like it was okay for me to share.

So... short story shorter...
It does get better. Life is precious. The human experience (the one you are having right now) is an amazing thing. No matter how your life is, it can and will always change, and the great part is... you can take that experience wherever you want. :smile:

As for me, I'm still trying to decide which direction to go, but I think I may just keep running through the woods between the paths and sneaking up on other people already walking on them. I like taking people off gaurd, it's fun for me :wink:             

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Why do we have so much pain in life? [Re: Smack31]
    #1559482 - 05/19/03 08:19 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Deleted by admin

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1560392 - 05/19/03 04:45 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

we have so much pain to balance the bliss and joy and excitement and wonder and awe that we so often forget about.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida
    #1561182 - 05/19/03 09:13 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I've got some news for you. Not everyone experiences life as essentially painful. This may have been the world-shaking realization of an incredibly spoiled-ass prince, named Siddartha, some 2500 years ago, but it might also be a Radical Misunderstanding about the nature of existence.

What if, LIFE is Joy, unmitigated Bliss, very Ecstasy, but you, like most people, are too busy identifying with your ''pain body" instead of the Essence of Existence, the Heart of the Matter? What then? Instead of identifying with dense, dark, thunderous clouds, perhaps it would do you better to start identifying with the constant sun that is above and beyond those changing clouds. I recommend the book, or better yet - the tapes - of Eckhart Tolle's 'The Power of Now.' You'll thank me if you do this!

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
    #1561506 - 05/19/03 10:38 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

HEY I forgot something very important: DON'T FORGET TO LAUGH AT OURSELVES.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.

InvisibleXibalba
Stranger
Re: Why do we have so much pain in life? [Re: Strumpling]
    #1562348 - 05/20/03 06:13 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

1. Some people value their own pleasure above the pain of others

2. Some people take pleasure in the pain of others

3. Some people take pleasure in their own pain

4. Sometimes it's actually better that way

5. Sometimes it couldn't have been any other way

6. Sometimes shit just happens

OfflineSWAY
SurrealPhantasmicSubConscious

Loc: A Dream...
Re: Why do we have so much pain in life? [Re: Xibalba]
    #1563193 - 05/20/03 04:18 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

i think we view it as pain, or negative, or consider pain to be negative...

the more painful the pain and the more it hurts then the better we will feel when we feel happy or blissful

oh im a roller coaster of emotions too, i wouldnt mind killing myself, and i wouldnt really want people to feel sorry for me if i did die either... but rather if* anybody felt anything for me dying then i would like them to feel happy cuz i sure would be if i wanted it to happen, which i kinda do want it to happen.., ..your right when you say your not alone and its cool how you admit to being affected by reading about how other people are in the same situation as you, it does help for me too..

SWAY

--------------------
?People keep searching for happines in the outside, what they don't know is that it's in the inside?
?In an infinite universe, anything that can exist, must exist? Bear
?To think too long about doing a thing often becomes its undoing? Eva Young

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Re: Why do we have so much pain in life? [Re: SWAY]
    #1563242 - 05/20/03 04:41 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Lots of the pain I have caused myself in the past was simply drama - I forgot that Matt/Strumpling is just an act.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being