Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMusicMind
journeyman

Driving!?
    #1552821 - 05/15/03 10:43 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

k any of you actually try driving while shroomin? i know it'd be a completely moronic and deathwish to do, but i was just lookin for some stories or somethin on the subject. ever hear of anyone driving? results? what happened? it'd freak me the hell out even thinkin about driving while peakin.

my first time shroomin we had to leave RIGHT when i was peakin, and i was in the middle seat of a truck, with friends (1 sober-driver) and that shit was crazy as hell. it was a constant up and down paranoid/euphoric trip. especially when there was a color changin cd deck RIGHT in front of me and kept freakin out about bein pulled over, we were GOOOOOOOOOONE, heehhe.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineODhaze
outdoorhaze

Loc: in the haze
Re: Driving!? [Re: MusicMind]
    #1552828 - 05/15/03 10:45 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

the road seems really really big.

--------------------
I believe i will go out to the seashore, let the waves wash my mind. Gunna open up my head now just to see what i can find...

OfflineMusicMind
journeyman

Re: Driving!? [Re: ODhaze]
    #1552847 - 05/15/03 10:52 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

heh i remember lookin over to my (also trippin) friend on the right, and i remember seein his face with a HUGE ass smile on it and it was really blurry and colorized and could see the scenary in the background very blurry as well (motion blur) it was trippy as hell, lol. cool as hell. like somethin outta a movie

OfflineTrAnCyNuGz
Stranger

#1552868 - 05/15/03 11:02 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

My bro was at a Sasha & Digweed rave and he was still tripping balls when they had to leave. He was at a level-4 trip, and all he heard was upbeat music and tiny mushroom people dancing around the tribal hut the DJs were in. Well it gone done sooner than they expected, so they had to leave. This was in the downtown area(ghetto) and they had to walk like 2 blocks to the car. When they got there, a gang fight was going on.

They couldn't stick around any longer, so thye just left. Just kept driving, no fucking clue where they were going. He was driving for a while, and finally parked in a mall and talked for about an hour with his trip partner, until he recongnized the mall they were at. It was quite a ways from where the rave was, about a 45 minute drive.

I didn't get to go that night due to school, but I heard all about it the next day. Woulda been some crazyy ass shit to experience :laugh: 

*edit* Oh yah, he said the car felt like rubber while driving, just a big rubber blob going down the highway. Damn, shifting gears must have been a bitch!

Edited by TrAnCyNuGz (05/15/03 11:06 PM)

OfflineMusicMind
journeyman

Re: Driving!? [Re: TrAnCyNuGz]
    #1552878 - 05/15/03 11:06 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

lol shit. that's funny. i wouldn't be able to drive in a car with someone if they're not sober while driving.

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

#1552967 - 05/15/03 11:49 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I never actually tired driving while I was peaking... but I've tried driving a few times towards the end of my trip... The road seems really big and expansive...very confusing.

A few years back I was tripping hard with a friend in my room in my parent's basement. It was winter and we were having a pretty good winter storm. There was like 6 inches of snow on the ground and we were forcasted to get another 4 more inches. Anyhow, it was getting late, like around midnight. The phone rang and it was my dad. My mom came in my room and asked me if I was drinking and I told her that we hadn't been. So then she tells me that I have to go pick up my dad at work because his car broke down and then she hands me the phone to talk to him. Of course I start to freak out and I have no idea what to tell my dad... there was no way I was going to tell him I was tripping on shrooms. So I just tell him that I had been drinking and I didn't think it would be a good idea for me to drive in the snow and come pick him up. He gets kind of pissed off and tells me to just have my mom pick him up. So I tell my mom she has to go and she freaks out, not only does she hate to drive in the snow she has to work at 6 AM. So she tells me if she has to go my friend and I have to ride with her. By this time, with all the yelling, tension and confusion my friend and I were propelled into a utterly horibal trip. We tried to gather ourselves and tried our best just to stay quiet around my mom and not give away that we were exremely high. We hop in the car and tried to avoid all small talk...which in turn pissed my mom off more and made it more of a bad trip.

The roads were horiffic and I was convinced that nothing good would come from the drive. I had it set in my mind that we were either going to get into an accident or get pulled over by the cops. My mom was extremly tense about the road conditions and her negative vibes were making this road trip a total nightmare for me! I am a very exerience tripper, but nothing I have encountered in the past prepared me for this nasty event.

The road morphed, twisted and melted. Everything was white and I wasn't sure if were were even on the road at all. I had no idea where I was! Roads I travled on a daily basis had no meaning to me, it was like I was in another country. When we stopped at traffic lights I went into utter panic! I knew I was a long way from home and if something happened I would have no idea how to get back there.

Half way through the trip a cop pulled out behind us... he was just driving the same way we were but I was convinced that he was going to pull us over and I was going to spend the rest of the night in a jail cell. This was perhaps one of the most unenjoyable experiences of my life. I couldn't wait till we reached my dad so he could take over driving. I knew I would feel a lot better with him control of the car.

My friend, sitting in the back seat looking to be in complete panic. I knew at any second he was going to break down and do something totally stupid. he looked at me, and I knew he needed me to calm him down. I tried talking to him... jus normal conversation so I wouldn't tip off my mom to our condition. He told me he didn't feel well and told my mom that he might need her to pull over. I couldn't believe it... the situation just continued to get worse! I told my mom not to stop and that he'd be find... just had a little too much to drink and he needed to closes his eyes and listen to music. When I put on the music, it instantly calmed him down and he started to relax. The music relaxed me too and we were now getting close to my dad work.

Once we got to my dad I felt 1000 times better I was able to release some of me tension. I hopped in the back seat with my friend and when we made eye contact we had to restrain ourselves from laughing. It was such a bad experience that it was funny now... we could see the light at the end of the tunnel and things started to brighten up for us.

The ride back was much more pleasent. I trusted my dad completely behind the wheel so I was able to zone out my parents and just gaze out the window and enjoy the very visual winter wonderland. To make a long short, the trip home was rather fun. Very visual and little to worry about. Our bad trip started to turn out good. When we returned home, we ran back inside and went to my room and just laughed for a soild hour about the whole experience.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

OfflineMusicMind
journeyman

Re: Driving!? [Re: djd586]
    #1552993 - 05/16/03 12:00 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

yeah that would make a lot of sense. i think TRUST is a huuuuuge issue if you're with someone who's taking care of you. the girl that was driving us back home i trusted a LOT so i was just lookin out the window and watchin shit, i twas cool as hell.

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Re: Driving!? [Re: djd586]
    #1553055 - 05/16/03 12:25 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Whoa, that's a crazy story.  If I was stuck to ride with my mom or dad .. or any family member whilst trippin', I'm pretty sure that I'd bust up laughing like a maniac at some point :grin:

It's a good thing you didn't have to drive in those hazardous conditions, that wouldn't have been good.  I don't recommend driving while tripping - but as humans we will do what we want to do, and of course make bad decisions on ocassion.. once at around T+8 hours on my first LSD trip my ex-girlfriend and myself decided to take a drive to the top of a mountain in a very quiet suburb of Los Angeles where we could obtain a view of the surrounding basin at night. 

Being that it was 2:30 in the morning at this point, and the sleepy town we resided in was notorious for "free range" night-time driving, we decided to get into her mom's black Toyota Avalon and drive up the steep winding roads to the peak.  It was doable, but a bit scary at the same time.  Depth perception was slightly tweaked, and if I didn't frequently glance at the speedometer I wouldn't have had any idea how fast I was driving (sometimes it felt like we were whippin' around the turns when we were only driving ~10mph).  Luckily we only encountered one vehicle throughout the entire trek and dodged it sucessfully, although it was really strange to have the bright lights of the on coming car flashing around the curve and into our eyes for a brief moment... I just held my hands steady on the wheel in hopes it'd keep tracking the curve and as luck would have it we made it through the experience unscathed :cool:

If you ever do choose to drive on psychedelics, please ensure that you are in an area that will minimize risk.  Don't go flyin' down the freeway or anything, 'cause shit can go bad in the blink of an eye..

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #1553497 - 05/16/03 07:00 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Driving while intoxicated on any substance is about as stupid as playing with a loaded gun while intoxicated... of course, I never claimed to be the brightest light on the pole when I was younger...

This is from long ago before the MADD campaign turned the laws against drunk driving into death sentences. A friend and I had gone out in search of a little acid, and scored. Rather than wait, we took the tabs on the way home, timed so they would be kicking in right as we pulled into the driveway. Somehow we got sidetracked doing something other than driving and ended up with a twenty mile drive ahead of us when the acid started to play its song.

Sure enough, about five miles down the road a cop pulls us over. By now the acid is just kicking into high gear. The cop pulls my friend out of the car and can see that he is having trouble walking, talking, etc. After a good lecture, the cop looks in the window at me and asks, 'Can you drive him home? He has had a little too much to drink.' I slide over to the driver seat, my friend hops in the passenger seat and the cop sends us on our way. I still donno how I made it back without wrecking, or why the cop though I was more sober than my friend.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

InvisibleATWAR
Connoisseur

Loc: #108768 in line...
Re: Driving!? [Re: Seuss]
    #1553515 - 05/16/03 07:18 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I have driven while I was coming down off shrooms. I agree with the road looking expansive but also the trees at night. The looked so huge and stood out so much more. It also felt like I was floating on sorta half flat squishy tires.

I dont want to do that again, the trees actually scared the shit out of me.

--------------------
To give is to live...

Offlinesummitxho
Stranger
Re: Driving!? [Re: ATWAR]
    #1553884 - 05/16/03 11:47 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

The last time me and my friends drove on shrooms was 4 years ago, and we havnt done it since because we almost missed the corner and went over a cliff when the driver wasnt paying attention, luckily i yelled corner and I still had the sense to grab the wheel and make the turn. As you can imagine this completely destroyed our trip and is not worth it. Why bother risking something to riun your mushrooms trip? After that happened it turned into the worst mushroom trip of my life, everyone became very depressed and came to the realization we almost died, soon after that the night was over and went to bed, so I ask this to myself and everyone else who drives on mushrooms, is it worth ruining your trip/ killing yourself/ beomcing paranoid/ getting pulled over, just for a joy ride on shrooms? not in my opinion anymore, just walk, its funner anyways, more to see

OfflineLostMetropolis
A Stranger AmongStrangers

Loc: In The Machine
Re: Driving!? [Re: summitxho]
    #1553911 - 05/16/03 11:57 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I hate driving as it is. Well, in the daytime anyways. There really are too many people on the planet. I don't mind driving around at night when theres no other cars around but I hate driving in the daytime. Either way I don't think I'd like to trip while driving. Very dangerous shit. Though I can't really talk, I've driven in the worst states of mind imaginable, drug induced and otherwise. Never tripping though.

--------------------
"Not All Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien

Offlineonestepahead
OneStepAhead
Re: Driving!? [Re: ATWAR]
    #1554576 - 05/16/03 04:23 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I have never done shrooms, I will be soon. However I have been in the car tripping on LSD Several times. One time was not intended and i had a run in with the cops. If you want to read about that is in this post http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Forum5&Number=1547296&page=1&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1
About 1/2 way down the page. I Tried driving one other time on about 7 hits of LSD I was trying to make it to the beach before I started tripping Bad Bad Mistake the world suddenly turned into cartoon 2d land, Like I was driving the Flintstones mobile looked very cool but was not too much fun, again I had to park and take the city bus, the bus can be very cool tripping, I have never seen a cop on a city bus, I think it beneth them, I would only recommend the bus if you don?t have a prob with crowds I don?t. If you sit in the back of the bus the thing look 100 miles long it rocks. I also was in the car one time with my wife driving(she was sober) It was great, First I was wearing those 3d glasses you know the ones with a red lens on one site and a blue on the other, that was cool as hell. I was living in S. Florida then and I saw a few people pulled over I was tripping on the lights on top of the police car. We stopped at the store and I got out and got some orange juice it always seems to intensify LSD for me. The store was one of those freaky ghetto gas stations. I hurried up and got my juice and got out. We went to Grand Prix a huge local Arcade with go carts and shit had a blast. One other time I was tripping on LSD again in a Geo Storm It was cold out and I felt like I was in a little warm bubble it was cool as hell. If you go drive I do not recommend driving I have been in Jail on LSD and you never want to go there tripping never.

Have fun Be safe

--------------------
When your dead the fear of death wont bother you anymore.

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Re: Driving!? [Re: summitxho]
    #1555694 - 05/17/03 02:34 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

"just walk ... more to see"

Definitely, driving is way to stressful for a trip.  The concentration required to focus and the very real danger involved just isn't worth it - it isn't fun, and I will not drive on any substance unless it is in completely safe circumstances (I'm talkin' out in the desert in a remote location at 4am on a camping trip or something, takin' the Jeep out for a slow drive :grin:).  But yea, goin' walking whilst tripping is defintitely a good thing to do... never know what you'll find - it's one hell of an adventure  :cool:

--------------------

--------------------
...π╥ ╥π...

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Driving!? [Re: geokills]
    #1555796 - 05/17/03 06:36 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

it isn't fun, and I will not drive on any substance unless it is in completely safe circumstances (I'm talkin' out in the desert in a remote location at 4am on a camping trip or something, takin' the Jeep out for a slow drive :grin:). 

I was visiting a friend one year in north-western Kansas where you can stand on a little hill and see for twenty miles in every direction and not see anything but fields of grain.  I woke up one morning as he was fixing a light breakfast.  As we are trying to force a little food into our bodies, he tells me about this crazy dream he had last night where we were driving through some wheat field.  Later that day we decide to drive into town and get different food.  When we walk out the door his truck is covered in wheat stalks.  ... and to think some people believe those crop circles are from aliens.  :smile:

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Invisibletekramrepus
Female User Gallery
    #1556497 - 05/17/03 04:08 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I haven't, and I have much too short of an attention span while Im sober to consider driving while under the influence.

I have friends however who drive just as good tripping on both LSD and mushrooms as they do when they are sober. This isnt for everyone though, and you should know what you are doing, really.

I guess it depends on the person.

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

#1556850 - 05/17/03 08:44 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

... and to think some people believe those crop circles are from aliens. :smile:

Hehe, that must've been interesting.  So long as there aren't other people around for you to injure, and you're not on dangerous terrain, driving can be an interesting new experience.  But if you're in the city or anywhere with a moderate amount of traffic, you really shouldn't drive under the influence.  Pot?.. still dangerous but not nearly as, but strong psychedelics should be given more respect than that.  I mean if you're tryin' to drive around busy streets, you don't get a chance to appreciate what the mushroom (or any substance) has to offer since you're concentrating all your energy on keepin' the vehicle on track :crazy:

Be safe.. :cool:

--------------------

--------------------
...π╥ ╥π...

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: Driving!? [Re: geokills]
    #1557124 - 05/17/03 11:01 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

The one and only time I have ever driven while tripping I decided to never do it again. I was at a friends house and everyone was tripping except one guy because he was on duty and had just taken a break from being at the staff duty desk (ARMY for 24 hours of sittin' on your ass awake). Well they had his cell phone number to call him back if they needed to and they did. I volunteered to drive and no one thought that was a bad idea at the time, so we left.
At some points I was running lights, going all over the road, and most of the time I was speeding. My friend expressed his concern over my driving and I told him to just sit back and relax because none of it was real. At one point we even past the polizei (yes we were in Germany by the way) and he told me that we were going to get arrested. Again, I told him that it was all a part of our imagination and that the real world as he was refering to it did not exist on the plain in which we were traveling.
Luckily we made it back to the caserne safe and I made it back to the friends house in one piece as well. When we recapped the situation the next day ( my friend having been sober remembered every detail) I made my decision not to drive shroomin' again. I remember wanting to prove to him that my theories of unreality were true and that when we got up in the morning it would be as if nothing happened no matter what we thought had happened. If I had decided to act on those thoughts neither of us might be alive today. In my mind at the time we could drive of a bridge and still wake up the next day like nothing happened.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Edited by Ekstaza (05/19/03 08:14 PM)

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: Driving!? *DELETED* [Re: geokills]
    #1557129 - 05/17/03 11:04 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Post deleted by Ekstaza

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

OfflineVulture
Pursuer ofWisdom
 User Gallery

Loc: SC
Re: Driving!? [Re: Ekstaza]
    #1557350 - 05/18/03 03:01 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

omg my last trip i had to drive home.

actually i wasent tripping at the time i had eaten the shroom and my friends girlfried was supposed to drive us around.

her parents called and said she had to come home or some shit so i was like fuck and me and my friend were trying to get her home and get to the house before shit went crazy.

we got there and i was feeling it. i was like oh shit man were not gonna make it home lets to to the spot behind bretts neighborhood and chill.

the whole time we were trying to get there was so crazy. i was hanging on fro dear life. i kept saying if we can just get there we will be ok. it seemed like an hour and then we got there and turned on the spongle.

my friends started getting real spooked and then i started getting wierd feelings like something bad was gonna happen if we stayed and shit and i knew it would turn into an ugly trip if we didnt do something.

we decided for the sake of the trip we must get home. at least there we would feel comfortable.

i swear to fucking god i could not see shit. i could stick my head out the window and see stuff (we were still stopped btw) but the windshield was somehow fucking up my vision. i tryed to go like 5mph and i could feel that we were on grass....but it sooooo looked like we were on the road. so i stuck my head out the window...yup on grass. so i was trying to figure out how the hell i was gonna drive without killing us and with a broken speedometer that was gonna be hard.

i eventually just looked at my friend and sayed i cant tell wtf that is im looking at...and got out of the car and made him drive. he could make more sense of it than i could.

so we were like 10 mins from my house but it was the longest drive of my whole life.....it was insane..........i will never do taht again. but it was really quite unavoidable.

once we got home i was so relived.....but i couldent figure out how to hook up the gamecube LOL it took me 30 minutes. and then i forgot how to play video games...it made no sense to me. my parents were asleep and i kept yelling loud as shit and then i would realize it and be like GODAMNIT was i yelling and i really coudletn tell how loud i was talking....so we jsut whispered

so we went outside to smoke a bowl and walked around the nighborhood and realized it was raining like hell. we got in the car...yay a safe place to smoke a bowl and just fucking chill and be loud :smile: 

too bad language started to make no sense....i would say stuff and then be like wtf is that right...everything sounded so unfemillier.

i started breaking down the english laguage and came up with all these theorys about language and how the muchroom was somehow responsible for it. i somehow broke it down to the first 2 words ever. Me and You. and somehow that went with the muchroom. I figured that before the mushrooms we didnt have the power to comtemplate or express things in speach and when we ate the mushroom it somehow gae us the ability to contemplate speach and stuff.

it took us 3 hours to smoke 2 bowls LOL.

then we proceded to go back inside and watch TV. we turned on ducktales. and i was like WTF scrouge has a fucking crown in the shape of a mushroom on his head. I dont remember what it was about but it was definatly a shroom. then huey duey a luey ( they are red green and blu wich i never noticed or thought anything of before) anyways they had the pshycadelic popcicles...they looked like fractles and when they licked then the screen went all trippy and shit.....man it was a blast. What a good time to shoe that episode.

i was to see it again when im not tripping. the creator of that show must have been a tripper :smile:

that turned out to be one of the most memorable and most important trips of my life.

--------------------
Work like you dont need the money.

Love like you never been hurt.

Dance like nobody is watching.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag