Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleHippie3
mycotopiate
 User Gallery

Loc: mycotopia.net
Re: Colder or warmer...which is it?!?!
    #15551 - 05/04/00 05:25 AM (23 years, 11 months ago)

what strain are you growing ?
did you case your cakes ?
some strains will not pin well unless cased.

------------------
Visit http://www.drooldonkey.org Global Psychedelic Community, Forums & Chat, Teks & Tips.

[This message has been edited by Hippie3 (edited May 04, 2000).]

--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Colder or warmer...which is it?!?! [Re: Hippie3]
    #15553 - 05/04/00 07:26 AM (23 years, 11 months ago)

Hip, do equadors or Acadian coast absoultly have to cased to get results?

Anonymous

#15554 - 05/04/00 11:30 AM (23 years, 11 months ago)

It's cambodian. I don't understand, so your saying now they might need to be cased, see that confuses me even more. Doesn't make since why would there be pf tek and mmgg and all that if they didn't grow well on cakes.

InvisibleHippie3
mycotopiate
 User Gallery

#15555 - 05/04/00 12:15 PM (23 years, 11 months ago)

well, both the pf tek and mmgg were written before the new strains became widely circulated.
most ppl were using pf's classic 'amazonian', which has the distinction of being very easy to trigger pinning, even while still in the jar.
the other strains in general are more difficult to induce pinning, often needing a few more weeks.
if you don't case them, they will dry out while you're still waiting for pins.
so case them.

------------------
Visit http://www.drooldonkey.org Global Psychedelic Community, Forums & Chat, Teks & Tips.

--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia

Offlineyounger now
old hand
    #15556 - 05/05/00 12:22 AM (23 years, 11 months ago)

If you don't see any signs of contamination and your terrairrum walls are good and wet, be patient and fan 2x a day. (after a shower)
Sometimes the cakes aren't done on the inside yet. They'll fruit when they run out of food. (rice flour)

Be patient grasshopper, they'll teach you how to grow them.

--------------------
"My Brain Hurts!!!!".....Monty Python :crazy:

Anonymous

#15557 - 05/05/00 01:00 AM (23 years, 11 months ago)

Hippie, I know your a well respected person in this mush business but... now I gotta case em? Things get more difficult by the minute. Well, if thats the case then maybe I should use the straw tek. Can you tell if your cake is too dry? I really don't want to case this time, I would rather cake them. I innoculated on April 3rd and birth on April 18th, so it's been 4 weeks and 4 days so far. Another thing that I was wondering about was something "Shroomage" wrote in a post that I read. They said that the mushroom needs high concentration of co2 to start primodora(?) So that means that I shouldn't be fanning at all until I see that form right. Well I guess if worst comes to worse I'll just case them, I know casing is better but??? thanks for your help.

InvisibleHippie3
mycotopiate
 User Gallery

#15558 - 05/05/00 05:05 AM (23 years, 11 months ago)

a casing can be as simple as a little damp vermiculite stuck onto each end of the cake.
see pf's double-ended casing tek.
the straw tek seems to work too but be careful not to give too much water too fast.
the simpest way i know to judge mosture content is to weight the cake and compare the weight to that of a freshly made cake.

------------------

--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia

Anonymous

#15559 - 05/05/00 11:31 PM (23 years, 11 months ago)

Well what about puting the cakes directly on the perlite, that should be the same as the straw tek right.

Anonymous

#15560 - 05/06/00 01:03 AM (23 years, 11 months ago)

You man benefit from a simple and light
casing. It simply maintains moisture and creates little spaces where the little pins like to pop up from.
It is interesting and kinda odd to me how
some strains primordiate in-vitro and others dont.What does it all mean? It can get confusing at times.
I have had jars of pf that wouldnt pin in the jars. Iput them in tupp. box on an inch of moist casing mix and then sprinkled a little on top and the sides of cakes(loosely)
I sprayed a couple times and put a lid on it to let them re-generate in dark-moist-humid place for days.Well, they finally fruited, lots of little fruits and seemingly fewer aborts then un-cased.(though this may not be exactly why.
I also once had several jars of b+ that pinned in-vitro. So I just let them go un-cased.It can be intimidating being a newbie caser, trust me iam one.I asked Ryche about those b+ and why they pinned in the jar.It doesnt really matter why they did or others didnt. Just take a corrective measure. If its not working re-consider your
choices. Also, listen to younger now and be patient.

InvisibleHippie3
mycotopiate
 User Gallery

#15561 - 05/06/00 09:45 AM (23 years, 11 months ago)

i have put cakes onto the perlite to moisten them but there are a couple points to consider.
1. it can only be temporary. about 1 day every week. else the cake will get soggy, yield fatasses and bacteria will rapidly increase.
2. a better way than just sitting them on the perlite floor, is to put a small amount of damp perlite on whatever you set your cakes on, lid, foil, etc.
this helps to limit the amount the cake can suck up.
overly wet is far worse than a bit dry.
you can always add a little water but much harder to remove it fast enough if problems arise.
remember, there were only 50-60 cc's in the whole cake to begin with.

------------------

--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia

Anonymous

#15562 - 05/07/00 12:37 AM (23 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks guys for all the help. Hippie I like your ideas and knowledge, well i'll see how things go.
-peace from mod

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies