Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDonHoot
hobbyist

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: New To Shroomery, my 1st grow, looking for input. Pics. [Re: psychotropical]
    #15645643 - 01/10/12 03:23 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

DAY 12 SECOND/THIRD FLUSH

the stacked ones are on their third flush and all the others are still on their second.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDonHoot
hobbyist

Re: New To Shroomery, my 1st grow, looking for input. Pics. [Re: DonHoot]
    #15651828 - 01/11/12 07:16 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

DAY 13 SECOND/THIRD FLUSH

First pin showed up today on one of the third flush ones hopefully its a nice big guy!

Invisible404
error
 User Gallery

#15651878 - 01/11/12 07:25 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

DonHoot said:
DAY 13 SECOND/THIRD FLUSH

First pin showed up today on one of the third flush ones hopefully its a nice big guy!

I'm curious as to how you flushed them, what was your tek? did you put something down in with the cake to make it go all the way to the bottom? or did you just let it float at the top?

OfflineDonHoot
hobbyist

Re: New To Shroomery, my 1st grow, looking for input. Pics. [Re: 404]
    #15652209 - 01/11/12 08:26 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

i just picked all the mushrooms, rinsed off the brf cakes in the sink and did the pf tek dunk for 24hrs and roll in vermiculite before putting back in the fruiting chamber, from what i read most brf cakes will flush out 3 times before they will stop fruiting but fourth and possibly fifth flush is possible depending on the nutrients left in your brf cakes i think. the second flush so far has been quite a bit smaller averaging one gram cracker dry a cake (so far) where as the first flush averaged 3 grams cracker dry a cake, i am expecting very little for the third flush, and will probably try for a fourth just to see what happens.

Invisible404
error
 User Gallery

#15652418 - 01/11/12 09:04 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I'm curious about if you dunked it to the bottom of the container or not

OfflineDonHoot
hobbyist

#15652826 - 01/11/12 10:32 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

oh haha yeah i did... i just put a weight on top to hold them under

Invisible404
error
 User Gallery

#15653317 - 01/12/12 12:40 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

what kind of weight and container, do you have pictures? sorry, i'm just thinking that i dunked mine wrong.

Offlinelokendoch

#15653394 - 01/12/12 01:14 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

i have the same set up as you (almost) after testing with a bunch of shiitake, oyster blocks, I found if i drilled 4 holes on the long sides and 3 holes on the short side, right at the geolite lvl, and 4 holes in the lid I got way bigger fruits and way more of them without fanning or misting. C02 leaves the bottom holes and comes in through the lid and the air pump. I still have have 97%-99% humidity lvl( I slowly drilled the holes over a few days and watched my meter) and way better fae now, I still occasionly fan when i check on em (it is cold in my house and i have a heat bomb in there, condensation makes it so i can't see in too good)

--------------------
I am you and what i see is me, do I take you by the hand and lead you across this land and help me understand the best I can?

OfflineDonHoot
hobbyist

Re: New To Shroomery, my 1st grow, looking for input. Pics. [Re: lokendoch]
    #15655313 - 01/12/12 01:33 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

i just use what ever i have at hand at the time... the first time when i dunked all 9 i put them in a 5 gallon bucket and just threw a dinner plate of the same circumference on top of the to hold them under the water, and the ones I've been harvesting one at a time i just throw in a nice big coffee cup full of water throw a smaller cup on top and add water to weigh it all down, from my understandings it is recommended that they be fully submerged under water but if you do just let them float you should still be fine as they will soak up some moisture...

and that's good to know lokendoch, after these mushrooms are done i will probably try that as a side project as i will be making a Martha closet this weekend and will no longer be using that F/C (moving up to bulk). anyways thanks for the input!

DAY 14 SECOND/THIRD FLUSH

OfflineSpookyCupid
Stranger

#15657856 - 01/12/12 10:02 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Shiitake and oyster are not cubes. Difference species, so they'll tolerate conditions differently. I'll keep that method in mind for the future though lokendoch, because I may be growing those in the future. Shiitakes are delicious, and I've never had oysters. DonHoot, don't feel too bad about your yield. The broad average of around 3g dry per cake isn't anything you need to be disappointed about not reaching. Mine haven't yielded quite 3g dry per cake per flush. Genetics play a big role too, it's not just environmental factors.

--------------------
Disclaimer: Any and all statements are purely fictional, and for educational purposes only.

Offlinelokendoch

Re: New To Shroomery, my 1st grow, looking for input. Pics. [Re: SpookyCupid]
    #15658092 - 01/12/12 10:57 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

SpookyCupid said:
Shiitake and oyster are not cubes. Difference species, so they'll tolerate conditions differently. I'll keep that method in mind for the future though lokendoch, because I may be growing those in the future. Shiitakes are delicious, and I've never had oysters. DonHoot, don't feel too bad about your yield. The broad average of around 3g dry per cake isn't anything you need to be disappointed about not reaching. Mine haven't yielded quite 3g dry per cake per flush. Genetics play a big role too, it's not just environmental factors.

I know they are a different species. Oysters love Fae more than cubes. That's why i brought up the shiitake/oyster thing. Cubes do great in my set up without fanning also :wink:. oysters are great I don't like em as much as shiitake, but my roommate prefers oysters.

--------------------
I am you and what i see is me, do I take you by the hand and lead you across this land and help me understand the best I can?

OfflineDonHoot
hobbyist

Re: New To Shroomery, my 1st grow, looking for input. Pics. [Re: lokendoch]
    #15658225 - 01/12/12 11:25 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

either i am misinterpreting what you've posted or you've read my post wrong but i did get three grams a cake on the first flush, and so far one and a half grams on the second but when i harvest the rest i think it will get slightly higher because the mushrooms on these last five look a lot nicer than the ones on the first four cakes. over all i am not disappointed at all i am happy i got anything at all as this is my first time, i just hope luck stays on my side and i succeed with future projects.

OfflineSpookyCupid
Stranger

#15660506 - 01/13/12 12:02 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I stand corrected. I was pretty tired last night and definitely misinterpreted both of you. Whoops. I'm pretty stoked to see a first grow being documented with such detail. If I had a camera I'd do the same. I know the rest of the community appreciates all the grow logs, because it gives us all results to interpret and learn from. I have to say, well done.

--------------------
Disclaimer: Any and all statements are purely fictional, and for educational purposes only.

OfflineDonHoot
hobbyist

Re: New To Shroomery, my 1st grow, looking for input. Pics. [Re: SpookyCupid]
    #15660549 - 01/13/12 12:11 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

haha its all good i do the same all the time. thanks though, the reason i am doing this is because when i was looking for information on how long it took and what i should be expecting day by day it was really hard to find, all i wanted was to see day by day pictures so i knew what to expect.

DAY 14 SECOND/THIRD FLUSH

Harvested two more cakes yesterday they are now soaking and will be put back in this evening.

Also if anyone reading this owns a Martha closet i would really like if you would share a picture or two with me as i am looking for ideas for my upcoming Martha closet.

OfflineDonHoot
hobbyist

#15665449 - 01/14/12 01:39 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

^^^post above should be day 15^^^

DAY 16 SECOND/THIRD FLUSH

There's now 6 cakes on there third flush 4 of the 6 are fruiting, and 3 cakes on there second flush which should be done by tomorrow.

Invisiblepsychotropical

#15668181 - 01/15/12 03:05 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Looks like you're well on your way there Canada Don.
Looking forward to watching your progress in your new hobby :thumbup: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2:
:jellyfish:

OfflineDonHoot
hobbyist

Re: New To Shroomery, my 1st grow, looking for input. Pics. [Re: psychotropical]
    #15670864 - 01/15/12 07:30 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

thanks bro...

DAY 17 SECOND/THIRD FLUSH

i will be picking the rest of the second flush late tonight or early tomorrow, i will post final dry weight in a couple days.

one of the cakes on third flush has almost caught up with the second flush :shocked:

Invisiblebabz89
engrossed:mycophile
Female User Gallery

Loc: PNW! Flag
    #15671306 - 01/15/12 09:24 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Just :2cents: on this wonderful grow it looks to me like your stems are a bit on the long side suggesting a high co2 content in your FC so more FAE looks in order for future grows

--------------------
"When the war of love overcomes the love of war, the world will truely be a better places. One love"Bob Marley

OfflineDonHoot
hobbyist

Re: New To Shroomery, my 1st grow, looking for input. Pics. [Re: babz89]
    #15671487 - 01/15/12 10:06 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

i will keep that in mind thanks man!

Offlinesporesmores420
SillyPsybin
 User Gallery

#15671760 - 01/15/12 11:20 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

i think more fae woul give you bigger caps and more weight

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck