Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Terrence McKenna

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
Discussion: 4 thoze who have seen Reloaded
    #1554807 - 05/16/03 08:12 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

They are still in the Matrix.

I was suprized to hear Juno Reactor in the soundtrack.  :grin:

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Re: Discussion: 4 thoze who have seen Reloaded [Re: Murex]
    #1554829 - 05/16/03 08:29 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

yea Komit
good tune

yea i definately liked how the plot thickened

dont get me wrong, that movie had me at the edge of my seat the whole time, but part of me was kind of annoyed with how they did some of it..

fuckin repetitive slow-motion cuts... be dynamic with that shit you fools

and Agents apparently can't shoot for shit anymore

you could tell it was aimed alot more at the herd without an attention span

but yea... pickiness aside, awesome movie.

oh yea, this is the S & P forum... ummmmmmm
I find the man vs. machine paradox to be quite interesting... yea..

OfflineHagbardCeline
Student-Teacher-Student-Teacher
Male User Gallery

Loc: Overjoyed, at the bottom ...
Re: Discussion: 4 thoze who have seen Reloaded [Re: Grav]
    #1554838 - 05/16/03 08:32 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I also thought that they were still in the matrix.

--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Re: Discussion: 4 thoze who have seen Reloaded [Re: HagbardCeline]
    #1554903 - 05/16/03 09:13 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

If you believe you ever reach the true reality, then you are mistaken. Religious people trap themselves in and they can't get past their blockade of their truth.

Everyone should know that they don't know the truth- That is enlightenment. You should never believe you are in the only real reality, because there are an infinate amount of realities. The only truth there is, is that there is no solid truth.

Kinda like Neo, he's still in the Matrix, and if he gets out of that one, whos to say the next reality is real?

--------------------
Isn't quite as it seems?
Is an elaborate dream?

OfflineHagbardCeline
Student-Teacher-Student-Teacher
Male User Gallery

Loc: Overjoyed, at the bottom ...
    #1555627 - 05/17/03 03:45 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I can certainly believe this. Who's to say there isn't a heaven after heaven?I

--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Re: Discussion: 4 thoze who have seen Reloaded [Re: HagbardCeline]
    #1556252 - 05/17/03 03:29 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

:wink:

--------------------
Isn't quite as it seems?
Is an elaborate dream?

Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
Loc: Hell
    #1556668 - 05/17/03 08:48 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Kinda like Neo, he's still in the Matrix, and if he gets out of that one, whos to say the next reality is real?

Indeed it is a problem. i guess its how they describe choice, at a conscieous level, verses an unconsceious level.

--------------------
And the gameshow host rings the buzzer (brrnnntt) oh and now you get a face full of face!

OfflineDeiymiyan
I AM

Loc: Within the Realm of Imagi...
    #1557281 - 05/18/03 03:31 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I just got home from seeing the movie tonight.

I must say....  Results me surprised !!

Did anybody catch the fractal implications?

I'll give you a hint...  It happend during the architect scene.

There was alot of other pretty cool stuff eh?

Seems we've been discussing it all along.....    :tongue:

--------------------

Dei Gratia de integro,

Veni Vidi Vici:

In Nomine Domini..

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
Re: Discussion: 4 thoze who have seen Reloaded [Re: Deiymiyan]
    #1557303 - 05/18/03 03:49 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Tone of Morpheus in The Matrix: :cool: "Yesssss"  :smile:

--------------------
What?

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

#1557320 - 05/18/03 04:06 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Everyone should know that they don't know the truth- That is enlightenment. You should never believe you are in the only real reality, because there are an infinate amount of realities. The only truth there is, is that there is no solid truth.

to me this si what neo still has yet to understand or become fully aware of. he still thinks that his answers lie in the beyond. and for his "fate" if you can or want to call it that still has him to wait, to figure that out on his own. and for him to just "wake up". like sometimes we do in a lucid dream.

a few nights before this movie came out. (i posted about it). i had this dream where someone told me to meet them somewhere, but as i was trying to get there my friend started driving. we got led to road with water everywhere, and i told him to slow down but he wouldnt. and i thought we would hydroplane and crash and shit. and then he told me "look, if you want to drive than drive, the wheel is your hands, not mine" and then i was like. FUCK. thats RIGHT! and so i was like im going to find this place damnit! i know where it is and im going to stop this outside distraction BULLSHIT. and so i followed myself, and made myself awake, made myself aware of the ability to channel this knowledge to get where i wanted to be. and so as im doing this dimensions are coming into one another. i see a 2 d plane of a street turning into a desert. as i see this on the ground in 2d it turns up and tries to tranform into like what 3d would be to a movie. and i start realizing. im like FUCK where is all this distraction coming from. im going to turn it off. and as im realizing all of this. i get closer and closer to my location, and i see its like this huge movie screen/thought generating machine. and i get so pissed, but ive seen something thats been trying to keep people locked away. something that most of all has kept me ignorant from Waking Up. from understanding what the fuck is going on and keeping me in infinite dualistic loops. And so i approach and i have the power to "pull the plug". but i was scared for some reason, and i thought it would kill me, or kill other people, or something. so i just scared these "Creators" or the people who generated this shit. and then it ends up there is an evil being trying to trick this "chosen one", by luring him to find out "what he must do". The secret of the evil beings true intent is to make this sacrifice. if he does he will gain SO much power and influence. and so the evil person lures him into his dark layer. and vulnerably the "Chosen one" lays down in this cross like crevice in a stone surface. strangely looking at the figures, they are stone like creatures. but the "chosen one" realizes this trick before the evil being can complete the sacrifice. and breaks from these metal and stone latches keeping him in the cross in the earth. losing an arm the "chosen one" runs away.

that really remidns me of the matrix when i think about it. what neo must do in his own life. and not to be distorted by these infinite fractal matrix's that keep going and going. THEY FUCK HIM UP. they keep him asleep. and maybe its in the hands of the controller which dictates the future. and these movies are about a fight to control the "matrix of existance" or something to that effect. but regardless i think neo needs to "Wake Up". notice how he is dreaming at the beggining and ending of reloaded? how agent smith (i think) ask him why he is still using his weakest abilities (fighting). i dont know, if neo can do this, and this means that he is the one, than he can do anything he wants. "he could change the matrix as he saw fit".

this movie seems to really follow well. cause neo is following the same pattern in number one. "you have the gift, but it looks like your waiting for something" . i dont know thats just my thoughts on the matter.

control the matrix. dont let it control you, no matter what it may be. take control of your life. this movie is more than just about some hypothetical story in the future. to me this application is so great... so great. just take it up! dont be swept away. if you do , ride that fractal matrix wave like a mother fucker!

--------------------
What?

OfflineDeiymiyan
I AM

Re: Discussion: 4 thoze who have seen Reloaded [Re: Zero7a1]
    #1557764 - 05/18/03 02:34 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I enjoyed the fight scene just before Neo sees the oracle....  where her guardian says: " You do not trully know someone until you fight with them "... lol

That was a great scene !

Hmmmm....  now where have I seen fighting happen before?

... oh ya....  as for the dinner scene... lol....  I'll bet you'd like to have your cake and eat it too !!!!  :tongue:

:grin:

--------------------

Dei Gratia de integro,

Veni Vidi Vici:

In Nomine Domini..

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

#1557977 - 05/18/03 04:56 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

i thought it was cool when neo was looking at him. i wonder if he was supposed to be "enlightened". i dont know... What about the cake? it was engineered for her! not ME! :blush:  :confused:  :laugh:

--------------------
What?

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

#1558004 - 05/18/03 05:12 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Did anybody catch the fractal implications?

Not really, ....maybe. What were they?

The only bad thing about this movie is that it was too intense, too much happening and too much to think about. No time to relax (few times).

The fight scene between Neo and the Agent Smiths was silly. Neo couldn't kill any agents by punching them could he? No. It was a waste of time. It just kept the 'action' in the movie. Basically I'm saying that it wasn't nessasary.

I was also slightly dissapointed with the cgi Neo. There was no texture to his outfit or his skin and I thought they could have done a better job. Maybe not having a cgi Neo at all and to it the hard (?) way.

The movie wasn't what I expected thow (a good thing). I thought it couldn't have gotten beyond the 1st Matrix- but it did. There were many more layers to this movie. The dimension door stuff was cool, and the plot twists were pretty good too. The 'other' programs were cool. I also liked some other things that I wasn't expecting to see.

I give it an 8 out of 10.

--------------------
Isn't quite as it seems?
Is an elaborate dream?

OfflineDeiymiyan
I AM

#1559018 - 05/19/03 12:55 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

"Did anybody catch the fractal implications?

Not really, ....maybe. What were they?"
-------------------

Remember, in the scene with the architect, right?  Remember all the television screens?  How we saw the Big Neo standing in front of the architect  ( the old guy ) ...  then you saw the smaller Neo's in the TV's...  and then there were TV's in the TV's where you could see Neo...  and so on... The images of Neo were indicative of Fractal representations.  I loved seeing that !!!  :grin:

Oh Zero!  A small clarification, if I may... I wasn't implying the cake in the movie was for you... It was a figure of speech! ..I totally realize that it was intended for the woman! 

I dunno tho...  I think if a cake like that was reality, I think I'd have a sample...  :tongue:

--------------------

Dei Gratia de integro,

Veni Vidi Vici:

In Nomine Domini..

OfflineMalachi
stereotype

Loc: Around Minneapolis.
    #1559047 - 05/19/03 01:12 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I think that the point wasn't that they where still in the matrix, but that the matrix world and the real world and any kind of other world are all governed by the same sort of rules, and in all of them both truth and fasleness are to be found.

It's very platonic, because this does seem to suggest that,

"Everyone should know that they don't know the truth- That is enlightenment"

what plato called 'socratic ignorance'. However, Plato also believed in a realm of pure forms, where appearance is truth. This movie is adding an asian answer, that the realm of pure forms is a matter of perspective - - that is to say, that you can understand why false appearances exist if you understand the underlying rules, which transcend all worlds.

This, I believe, leads to a conclusion that accepts the illusory nature of both worlds shown as in some way necessary, basically an answer to neo's justification for condemning the oracle- - that the war isn't over. This answer must include a reson for the war, something I think that must have to do either with metaphysical plurality/ "balance", or an upcoming final final REAL final conclusion, an eschaton like terence mckenna (and a whole bunch of other people, but I'm a tripping head, so his vision is who I immediately integrate other ideas into) talk about.

which, in summary, leaves me wondering, is there a final something that has to happen to end falseness, or is the thing that needs to happen just a perspective shift that accepts the falseness as necessary?

also, what do you people think about agent smith coming into the real world? that's what the scene where he gets uploaded is about, right? the guy who cuts himself is going to 'infect' neo with his computer-blood? the same dude who survives the attack?

and was he the only one in zion who survived, or were they just talking about a particular ship that got wiped out?

--------------------
The ultimate meaning of our being can only be fulfilled in the paradoxical leap beyond the tragic-demonic frustration. It is a leap from our side, but it is the self-surrendering presence of the Ground of Being from the other side.
- Paul Tillich

OfflineMitchnast
Trial by Madness
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Mahjong

Loc: Okanagan
    #1559123 - 05/19/03 01:58 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

i saw it, but i visualize things like i draw them, for example, in the movie possible worlds, where a mans brain was removed and his reality became unlimited by stimuli. he existed in evry possible reality, evry posible outcome or effect of each possible cause similtaneously.
now some outcomes overlap from different sources.
i have a theory, a ratio, the ratio is contant of you take any number of possible paths, lets say for example that our of all paths you can take at any one time there are only 3 choices (though its never a limited number, but hypothetically 3) the first path will reach an outcome, as will the second, from here you have a 1/3 chance of selecting a path that croses another by the third you have a 1/3 chance of hitting an outcome that could have been reached by taking a combination of another 2/6 paths prior. at these points, history is irrelivant and timelines can converge, of course as linearly-temporal entities we chose only one, the other may be deja vu. the 2/3 paths left (untaken), if taken produces another 1/3 chance possibility (in the next 3 steps) of hitting a point that could be acheived with another path, provideded that said path was one that crossed a point that was an outcome of two possible source-paths prior. (and it WOULD be)
now, the result would be a pattern, like a big face, then a smaller face within then even smaller still ad infinitum formulating infinate different variations of the same paradigm.
heres a 23% completed sketch of this exact excersize. the ratio of size between any shape and the smaller one that follows it in this drawing is 1:1.816 (golden mean)

now, immagine going 2 ways, or all three ways, in the movie possible worlds, since the man is not limited to his body and regular, single reality, he exits on all three paths and therefore knows evrything. he neednt take only one as his brain ios free to formulate all three withought reality to support one path and absove the other two possibilities.
in reloaded, the effect was visually acheived with the television tunnel effect, but were not working with #3s here, in the instance of reloaded (as in real life) the # of possible outcomes is equal to that of paths.... infinate.

HOWEVER, the RATIO is constant.

i hope that wasnt too hard to follow and im sure i confused it a bit.

--------------------

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Loc: San Antonio, TX
Re: Discussion: 4 thoze who have seen Reloaded [Re: Mitchnast]
    #1559269 - 05/19/03 03:33 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

nice mitchnast that is a really great explantion. i had to read it twice but its great. nice picture too.

the guy that is agent smith in the "real" world was the only surviver from a 3 ship team that was supposed to intercept some of the squiddys(god i like that word).

so i like the fact that neo can influence the "real" world now. but why is he in a coma? it could just be that stopping them "took to much out of him" to say. but the wachoskis tend ot make things more complicated than that. maybe hes in the matrix with out being hooked up to it?

oh i think the reason that the monk man was in gold matrix code wasnt because he was enlightened(although thats probly one layer of it since the wachoskis are in to eastern philosphies and all that) but i think it is because he is a program.

my favorite thing was when the neo rushes to catch trinity and the black guy goes "HOLY SHIT HE CAUGHT HER". that was great. he provides some pretty good comedy relief. peace

blaze2

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

OfflineDeiymiyan
I AM

Re: Discussion: 4 thoze who have seen Reloaded [Re: Mitchnast]
    #1559317 - 05/19/03 04:24 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

"...there are only 3 choices..."
--------------------

THere are only 3 choices. Period.

By the way... Mitchnast, you need to go into the fighting arena !!!!  I gotta see this in action !!!!

I think what you've written is pretty cool !  You obviously think of complexities ! 

Let's see how well you play !

:grin:

--------------------

Dei Gratia de integro,

Veni Vidi Vici:

In Nomine Domini..

Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
Loc: Hell
Re: Discussion: 4 thoze who have seen Reloaded [Re: blaze2]
    #1560908 - 05/19/03 07:37 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

oh i think the reason that the monk man was in gold matrix code wasnt because he was enlightened(although thats probly one layer of it since the wachoskis are in to eastern philosphies and all that) but i think it is because he is a program

Dmt, and color gold? He's aware of the matrix, just like neo, because of meditation.

--------------------
And the gameshow host rings the buzzer (brrnnntt) oh and now you get a face full of face!

Anonymous

#1561821 - 05/20/03 12:27 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Just got back from seeing this tonight.  :laugh:

The conversation Neo had with the Architect was a real mindfuck. The whole thing about the Source and the Matrix starting over again reminded me of a metaphor for the Universal cycle. Like once the One returns to the Source it starts all over again incorporating the knowledge of the previous experience.

There were a lot of good plot turns too, but the special effects were a little over the top (to put it mildly). Overall though an inspiring flick. 

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: Terrence McKenna

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology