Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon Ayahuasca, San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinePeyotelove
Stranger
A peyote ceremony
    #15041270 - 09/07/11 07:57 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Hello
Next saturday er is a peyote ceremony in Holland with a mexican sjamaan
Kuauthli Vasquez. I was not sure if i would go for it or not. As maybe you have seen i have a very nice peyote collection and i really want to try peyote in my life.
But Because i have had some very very bad ecperience with shroom, slavia and ayahuasca, first i always had nice dreamy and strong visionary trips. But i became more and more scared. Soms times i was scared to become scared again,, i feel my boddy get cold and i was in panic ( agony). I see very strange places with one kind of egyptian figuress... some times i thought i will become crazy and must call many friends to come to me and i took also benzo to relax again. Because of this reasons i never took any drugs again, but peyote is very special to me. My brother had 2 months ago a psychosis, he heard voices. I dont know or my fear is a drugs psychosis or because im afraid to become scare i got bad trips. The fear i feel lost maybe 1 hours and i become kalm again. After a few hours im sober again and feel no bad feeling anymore.

Can someone tell me of it is for me safe to take peyote? Saturday, i take peyote in a ceremony with a well trained mexicaan sjamaan, is it safe?
is peyote strong? sometimes some mexican sjamaan come to the Nethelands to give peyote ceremony's but sometimes poeple dont feel anything of it. The take some peyote powder to here. Men gets 2 or 3 times peyote. Is it 100% for sure i can get effects of it? For me, it is importand to feel the effects because peyote is very importent for me. I collect it as my childs. Is peyote strong?
Is it an idee to take some benzo with

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineFronnis
I'm a teapot

Re: A peyote ceremony [Re: Peyotelove]
    #15041300 - 09/07/11 08:08 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

If you follow what the shaman says, he/she is basically sitting and guiding you through your trip, providing you with a comfortable set and setting.

--------------------

Offlineoverstand
Stranger
Male

Re: A peyote ceremony [Re: Fronnis]
    #15091220 - 09/17/11 11:48 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Did you decide to go to the peyote ceremony? I would love to hear about your experience if you did go?

--------------------
“Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves.” - Henry David Thoreau

Invisiblejoemolloy
DMT is Bullshit

Re: A peyote ceremony [Re: overstand] * 1
    #15091227 - 09/17/11 11:50 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

I hope he protected his wallet and his butthole.

--------------------
Don't PM me with bullshit.  I don't sell or trade cactus and I don't know where you can get any, other than your mother's ass.

Offlineoccollegeboi
MushroomSpaceGod
Male User Gallery

Re: A peyote ceremony [Re: joemolloy]
    #15106271 - 09/20/11 02:38 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

I suggest you use it behind closed doors. The peyote "ceremony" is not like a typical psychedelic therapy session with a trained guide. Yes the shaman will be guiding you but do you REALLY want to be listening to drum beat music your whole trip, be around people you don't know in a TP or something like that? The way shamans think about this kind of stuff is completely different from the way a typical psychonaut thinks about this kind of stuff. Peyote is a SACRAMENT to the native americans, it is not a tool for the mind as we see it. It is used to get the "devil" out of you, but they don't refer to it as the devil. They don't really understand how that shit works on the brain and the mind. I'm not downplaying the native american ritual, but leave the ceremonies to the indians, unless you have been WELCOMED into it personally by a native.

I recently met a native american friend from the navajo nation and we're taking a trip to the reservation. He told me that he would want me to use peyote behind closed doors rather than in a ceremony because no matter how much he describes it, I will just never understand how and why it works and that I just shouldn't do a ceremony on myself. There's a little witchcraft involved and things can get pretty "trippy" and by trippy, I mean you can have a bad trip. Shamans don't know what the fuck a "bad trip" is, they think it's just a bad spirit in you, which is true to an extent, but they really just don't know how psychedelics work on the mind and stuff like that.

I'd say leave the ceremonies and rituals to the natives who understand it fully. Just use peyote behind closed doors and respect the native american church's sacramental use of this sacred cacti.

Offlinesunshine
Sin18DwireWuTang

Loc: higher plane of sex
Re: A peyote ceremony [Re: occollegeboi]
    #15106581 - 09/20/11 03:46 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

My dad took a lot of peyote and it's his favorite drug.  He got 50 lb. bags from Texas when it was legal.  He said it was the 1950s and no one knew what peyote was!

--------------------
One Love True Indeed.  Have Good Trips.  Mike/sunshine's mom.

OfflineShroomDoom
Friend of the Medicine
 User Gallery

Loc: A Psychedelic State Flag
Re: A peyote ceremony [Re: occollegeboi]
    #15494749 - 12/10/11 11:50 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

The way shamans think about this kind of stuff is completely different from the way a typical psychonaut thinks about this kind of stuff. Peyote is a SACRAMENT to the native americans, it is not a tool for the mind as we see it. It is used to get the "devil" out of you, but they don't refer to it as the devil. They don't really understand how that shit works on the brain and the mind

Your assumptions are false. Ive been going to these ceremonies for a while and having talked to a lot of participants as well as roadmen (shamans). It seems to me like the peyote folks know what they are doing and have quite a modern understanding of peyote and how it works ( they know it contains mescaline+ other alkaloids, has antibacterial properties ect). Books on the stuff have been written since the 50s. Most have the internet so it's easy enough for them to gain this information. However they also have experiences and family traditions with the Peyote which can give them a more complete perspective on the Issue. You probably don't really understand how Peyote works on the mind; all you can do is parrot what you've read and make an outsider's assumptions about people you don't know.

--------------------

Offlineoccollegeboi
MushroomSpaceGod
Male User Gallery

Re: A peyote ceremony [Re: ShroomDoom]
    #15531263 - 12/17/11 05:33 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

ShroomDoom said:
Quote:

The way shamans think about this kind of stuff is completely different from the way a typical psychonaut thinks about this kind of stuff. Peyote is a SACRAMENT to the native americans, it is not a tool for the mind as we see it. It is used to get the "devil" out of you, but they don't refer to it as the devil. They don't really understand how that shit works on the brain and the mind

Your assumptions are false. Ive been going to these ceremonies for a while and having talked to a lot of participants as well as roadmen (shamans). It seems to me like the peyote folks know what they are doing and have quite a modern understanding of peyote and how it works ( they know it contains mescaline+ other alkaloids, has antibacterial properties ect). Books on the stuff have been written since the 50s. Most have the internet so it's easy enough for them to gain this information. However they also have experiences and family traditions with the Peyote which can give them a more complete perspective on the Issue. You probably don't really understand how Peyote works on the mind; all you can do is parrot what you've read and make an outsider's assumptions about people you don't know.

Who are you? Do you know who I am? I've spoken with a friend who is 100% navajo indian about the peyote ceremonies he has been part of.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon Ayahuasca, San Pedro

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience