Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineI_Didnt_Inhale
professionalhighist

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
Finally did it...Now what
    #1551221 - 05/15/03 03:25 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Well, I finally did it... I asked out the girl that I've had a crush for the last 6 months. We're supposed to do something this friday (gonna call her tonight to talk about it).
Anyways, even though she said yes, I have a feeling she doesnt really see me as boyfriend material from body language and other small signals. We get along great and have a lot in common, but I think I'm just a friend in her eyes. Anyways, I guess my question is: How can I get her to see me as the perfect BF rather than the perfect friend?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblesir tripsalot
Administrator
 Arcade Champion: Skeleton Park

Re: Finally did it...Now what [Re: I_Didnt_Inhale]
    #1551262 - 05/15/03 03:46 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Don't over analyse stuff like body language. And I dont think you can make her like you, be yourself and see if things progress.

Personally my body language can be very inconsistent so dont always go by that.

--------------------

"Little racoons and old possums 'n' stuff all live up in here. They've got to have a little place to sit." Bob Ross.

Offlinewyldtouch69
You heard ofhell well i wassent from it

#1551295 - 05/15/03 04:00 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

don't be a nice guy.

seriously, even though girls are always like 'oh we want someone to take care of us and give us massages and blah blah blah' they're lying. You want this girl real bad cuz she acts like you ain't no thang, so you try harder to get her. I'm tellin ya, deep inside she's eatin every minute of this shit with a spoon. She feels in control.

You want her to start respectin you? then you act like she aint no thang either. I bet when you call you try to keep her on the line even after she says something like 'oh it's getting late' or 'i should get off here'... when she says something like that, just be like 'aight, I'll give you a ring tomorrow or somethin'. dont ever ask them to call, always say "i'll call you". women aint gonna call cuz they know you're sittin there starin at the phone just waiting, and that gives em power. don't call as soon as you get off work/school or on a break. that just lets em know that you are takin time out of the busiest times of your day just for them, and that makes them think you're all just thinking about her all the time, which makes them feel more like they're in control. call around 9-11pm, and don't start off with 'ohh, i missed you i was busy sorry i didnt call sooner' just be like 'hey girl, whatcha doin?' somethin casual like that. If you do call before that time, and want her to come over or out with you, make it as casual as possible "I'm goin to eat some chinese and none of my friends like it, you wanna join me so i don't gotta so alone?" "My roomie went out so I'm just sittin here bored, about to smoke a bowl, how bout you come help me?" if she says no, DON'T BEG. just play it cool "aight then, I'll just give so-and-so a holla then"

it's cool though to let her know you're fallin all over for her... just gotta time it right. hard to explain, women fucking suck.

for real, I'm a lesbian so I kow what women want and how play em. I played it cool like this up until my last relationship where I made every mistake a person could make with a woman... there's just something about her that makes me a whiney little bitch.

--------------------

Edited by wyldtouch69 (05/15/03 04:02 PM)

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: Finally did it...Now what [Re: wyldtouch69]
    #1551469 - 05/15/03 04:44 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Damn, no wonder I have such bad luck with women.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Invisiblesir tripsalot
Administrator
 Arcade Champion: Skeleton Park

Re: Finally did it...Now what [Re: wyldtouch69]
    #1551635 - 05/15/03 05:28 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Sounds like good advice to me. That's a more thourough version of playing "hard to get". You won't get much respct if it seems like she is the center of your world and it may even scare her off.

--------------------

"Little racoons and old possums 'n' stuff all live up in here. They've got to have a little place to sit." Bob Ross.

OfflineI_Didnt_Inhale
professionalhighist

Re: Finally did it...Now what [Re: sir tripsalot]
    #1551886 - 05/15/03 06:39 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Alright...thanks for the help, guys. But I still want her to know that I wanna be more than friends. I'm guessing she'll already know this, but I still want to say it with words! I don't want to become a slave to this woman and let her feel as if she owns me, but there has to be SOME way to say "I want you!" without souding like I'm giving her all the power.

InvisibleArmFromTheAbyss
Old Hand

Loc: Down here in Babylon
    #1552319 - 05/15/03 09:02 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Eye contact.

Women are bitches.

They will usually go for the asshole. So compromise, make fun of her a bit, not too much. This makes her feel like you're better and she will start with the flirting. THEN you can let her know, by kissing her. Confidence and control, yah gotta have it.

But I wouldn't take my advice too seriously, my first name is not Don.

--------------------

Anonymous #1

#1554561 - 05/16/03 06:13 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

...there has to be SOME way to say "I want you!" without souding like I'm giving her all the power.

Say it with your body language, not your mouth. She'll get it. And wyldtouch's advice was EXCELLENT.

A good attitude in general to have around women is that they're nothing special at all, and that there's "plenty of fish in the sea." Because this is true, but a lot of guys don't believe it. For every chick you're into, there's about 10 more somewhere nearby that look or act like her. You don't need this chick, but you happen to want her. If she turns down YOUR offer to spend YOUR time with her, don't give her a second thought.

Most importantly, act like a MAN, not like a schoolboy with a crush.

And... good luck!

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Loc: Toronto Canada
Re: Finally did it...Now what [Re: ]
    #1554601 - 05/16/03 06:32 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

For every chick you're into, there's about 10 more somewhere nearby that look or act like her."

What if he likes the way she THINKS though? That's an entirley different thing, to me anyway, much more important than how a girl looks or acts.....just my .02

--------------------
"Being crazier than a shithouse rat is not sufficient grounds for banishment"

OfflineI_Didnt_Inhale
professionalhighist

Re: Finally did it...Now what [Re: FreakQlibrium]
    #1554742 - 05/16/03 07:44 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

K well I'm goin right now so i'll tell you guys how it went after...

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

#1554751 - 05/16/03 07:48 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Best of luck man, seriously.... Pls pay special attention to Wyldetouch's advice....i wish i had have had THAT kind of insight from a female perspective when i used to get involved in relationships with chicks......really hope it all works out for you :smile: 

--------------------

OfflineRob_K
s p a c e d

Loc: London
    #1554939 - 05/16/03 09:41 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

FreakQlibrium.. wassup? don't you get involved with chicks any more? why not?

--------------------
-{ divined from the mind }--

My music

OfflineI_Didnt_Inhale
professionalhighist

Re: Finally did it...Now what [Re: Rob_K]
    #1555641 - 05/17/03 03:51 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

well, I'm back...Fuck, what can I say...
it pretty much sucked from the start. But anyways here's what happened:
We decided that we'd go see a movie at 945, so I pick her up at 930 @ her house...we get off to a good start, laughing and talkin and stuff, but no intimate connection yet. So we drive to the movie theater and just barely get in. We're still talking during the previews and stuff..the movie starts(the matrix reloaded), and I have to say I've never been so bored in my life. The movie was terrible and I feel even worse for her cuz she hadn't even seen the 1st one so she musta been sooo lost. Movie ended at 12, we both had to get up early in the morning so I drove her home. More talking on the way home. Dropped her off at her house, and as soon as that door closed, WHAM! it was like a wave of frustration just swept over me. I was so pissed at myself for not even making the slightest attempt to get some sparks going. Ugh...

My conclusion: Even though I phucked things up romantically this time, we really got along great. Our conversation felt so natural and easy, it felt like we've been friends for a long time...but that's the thing; I wanna be more than friends!! Oh my, am I a disaster.
So is there anyway I can salvage a second chance out of this experience, or should I just move on and let us remain as "friends"?

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1555924 - 05/17/03 11:15 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

man you need to relax and just PUT THE MOVES ON HER, otherwise you'll be stuck in "friendsville" - the longer you wait, the more hopeless its going to look, IN MY OPINION.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Re: Finally did it...Now what [Re: Strumpling]
    #1556044 - 05/17/03 01:07 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

So is there anyway I can salvage a second chance out of this experience, or should I just move on and let us remain as "friends"? "

Nahhhh, you're laughing man, you got her just where you want her. Ask her out again(try and be more judicious in your selection of movies :wink: ).....buy a nice big box of buttered popcorn and bore a hole through the bottom of the box and stick your erect member in it.......

.......encouage her to eat as much as she likes, sooner or later her hand is going to feel a strange pulsating  presence inside the box......you will know immeadiately by the look on her face if she wants to be more than just friends..... she may also very well slap your face and walk out(this is playing for ALL the marbles, don't forget)....in the unlikely even this is what transpires just play all stoopid...."jeez, i wonder how THAT got in there " :grin: 

--------------------

InvisibleArmFromTheAbyss
Old Hand

Loc: Down here in Babylon
    #1556132 - 05/17/03 02:08 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

That's the funniest thing I've read all day.

:smile:

What's even funnier is how many times I've tried this, and failed.  :smirk: 

--------------------

Edited by ArmFromTheAbyss1 (05/17/03 02:09 PM)

OfflineI_Didnt_Inhale
professionalhighist

Re: Finally did it...Now what [Re: ArmFromTheAbyss]
    #1556233 - 05/17/03 03:15 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I actuallly knew a guy who did that at a party. She was not too pleased and I'm pretty sure he was charged with something. Haha it was still so funny tho. That kinda thing would take balls to pull off... <----Pun intended

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

#1556402 - 05/17/03 05:15 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

FreakQlibrium.. wassup? don't you get involved with chicks any more? why not?

Sorry for taking a while to get back Rob, i only just saw your (valid) question just now and i felt i should respond. i COULD go on at GR8 length as sometimes do but i'm going to TRY and focus for a change LOL.....

Wyldtouch sez:

"don't be a nice guy.

seriously, even though girls are always like 'oh we want someone to take care of us and give us massages and blah blah blah' they're lying."

It's funny, now that i no longer play the game myself, i am finally finding out the rules/strategies/tactics etc it takes to win. To ME, it's just a case of having to be more decietful, dishonest and manipulative than the girl....it's like, "yeah, but what if i AM a nice guy:" It seems to me i have to be something i'm not to even stand a chance in the game......

i'm not even bitching(i'm not one of those guys whining pathetically about how girls really do NOT want a nice guy etc), personally i only really crave female companionship maybe 10% of the time(get high, listen to tunes, shitz and giggles stuff). Most of my activities are solitary pursuits and i am for the most part totally fufilled within the presence of my own company......

i guess i place a higher priority in staying true to myself and what i'm about than in playing any stoopid head games, to me, being anything other than who i am to attain ANYthing is too high a price for me to pay :grin: 

--------------------

OfflineRob_K
s p a c e d

Loc: London
    #1557385 - 05/18/03 06:57 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Well it's good that you can be fulfilled without it.. it is unusual to find someone who's not interested in the opposite sex or any sex for that matter. I think it's pretty cynical to say that you have to play stupid head games in order to have a meaninful relationship.. I don't think it's like that all the time if you find the right person. That said, respect for choosing a path and walking it man!

--------------------
-{ divined from the mind }--

My music

OfflineCultyVader
Dark SporeApprentice

#1557416 - 05/18/03 08:18 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

www.fastseduction.com Its not just a reference it is your answer to the end of your "beta" male syndrome. You are afflivted by "one-itis" you must read the players guyid on this website and learnto emulate the behavior of an alpha male. One you have that, fuck ten other women then decide whether you want this one or not.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being