Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Shroomery Sponsors Forum

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Microscope

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMetaMountain
New hand

Loc: FromSoFarAwayYouWontBelie...
Some thing for sporeworks to ponder over
    #1550698 - 05/15/03 12:47 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

First please let me say No Hard Feelings....

Ok I bought spores from Sporeworks (pes Amazonian)...grew them they gave me nice flushes and everthing it was my first grow so i was eagerly waiting for the experience the mushrooms are so famous for.......but sadly.....they were non-psychoactive!! :confused:....I had over 14 jars grown on brf and later 3 casings too...all the shrooms were non psychoactive...

Details are  here in case you are interested....

I just wanted to inform you I know the spores that you sell are for microscopy only so I have no reason to complain...but non the less I took the liberty to inform you...of my disappointment

Thank you   

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: Some thing for sporeworks to ponder over [Re: MetaMountain]
    #1551586 - 05/15/03 05:12 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I don't know why you couldn't trip on those you grew, but the picture you posted looks like a active mushroom and I have a hard time believing that it was some freakish mutant strain that had a blueing reaction and not psychoactive material in the mushroom.

My guess would be that you have some high tolerance or something other than the mushroom is to blame for you not tripping.

Just thinkg how many PES syringes sporeworks has sent out from one batch to lots of other people. Yet no one else has mentioned a blueing mushroom that didn't get them high.

Just my opinion man, but that pic you posted is an active mushroom, indicated by all that blueing.

The problem has to be either you have a high tolerance, or you took too little.. Also did you try tripping day after you first tried? Cause you should wait at least 3-5 days before trying again.

Either way keep trying, because I've never heard of anyone that can't get high on psilocybin :smile:

Good luck.

OfflineWorkmanV
Psilocybe Microscopist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington, USA
    #1552086 - 05/15/03 07:48 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I believe it is beyond the abilities of The Spore Works to produce a non-hallucinogenic strain of Psilocybe cubensis.

It is not unknown for certain individuals to be completely immune to the effects of psilocin and psilocybin. You may be just one of the unfortunate few. Bluing of the mushroom is indicitive of psilocin oxidation and a fair measure of potency. You mention in the other post that you are from India and that you gave a friend the same mushrooms to no effect. I am wondering if there is something in the East Indian diet that is counteractive.

At least you have the cultivation method down correctly. I suspect it isn't the mushrooms or the spores. It is either the growing conditions, substrate or your own metabolism. You should try other strains/species to see if there are different results. Don't give up and report back.

--------------------
Research funded by the patrons of
The Spore Works
Exotic Spore Supply
Reinvesting 25% of Sales Towards Basic Research and Species Identification :amanitajar:

OfflineMetaMountain
New hand

Re: Some thing for sporeworks to ponder over [Re: Workman]
    #1553680 - 05/16/03 11:36 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

I believe it is beyond the abilities of The Spore Works to produce a non-hallucinogenic strain of Psilocybe cubensis.

It is not unknown for certain individuals to be completely immune to the effects of psilocin and psilocybin. You may be just one of the unfortunate few. Bluing of the mushroom is indicitive of psilocin oxidation and a fair measure of potency. You mention in the other post that you are from India and that you gave a friend the same mushrooms to no effect. I am wondering if there is something in the East Indian diet that is counteractive.

At least you have the cultivation method down correctly. I suspect it isn't the mushrooms or the spores. It is either the growing conditions, substrate or your own metabolism. You should try other strains/species to see if there are different results. Don't give up and report back.

I was DEFTLEE the mushrooms that i can assure you....I have made 4 people eat them with no effects whatsoever...each of the people fasted for at leat 4 hours I fasted the whole day!! 2 times.....(Can you understand the humiliation i have gone through..... the convincing i had to do.... cause i have never tripped on the shrooms....these people thought that i was using them as lab rats)

Please believe me......cmon read the whole post.....I have fasted once and eaten 70 grams fresh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!............that was difinitive enough for me....

I will grow again but its not easy to get spores when you are broke.....and i am reallly really far away from any one who has ever grown shrooms.....but i WILL do it again by tenonanactl's grace....

OfflineShdwstr
FSRCanada
Male

Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #1554465 - 05/16/03 05:34 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I doubt very highly it was the spores fault. I once grew a flush of Cambodian that had absolutely no effects at all. A subsequent grow from the same print in different substrate proved MUCH more effective :wink:

PM me an addy and I'll send you a print to play with.

Take Care

OfflineMetaMountain
New hand

Re: Some thing for sporeworks to ponder over [Re: Shdwstr]
    #1554730 - 05/16/03 07:38 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Ok cool it wasnt the spores fault....but I guess that means it was in the growing or its in me and 4 other people..... latter is highly unlikely ...so what could it be?

Growing!! ok i will try again and tell you all i have been graced by Txtec's generosity...he said the prints in the mail...thanks for your offer Shdwstr really appreciate it but I dont want to be greedy...few spores is all i need...and sure maybe some one else is in need....I freak out on this community..... having read my post...i have got so many people offer me spores...its JUST TOO COOL ....Love you guys

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
    #1555138 - 05/17/03 12:02 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

This is so bizarre, honestly I don't think anyone thinks you are making this up or anything, but man oh man this is a weird situation.

I hope the next grow works, be sure to let us know how it goes.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: Some thing for sporeworks to ponder over [Re: Thor]
    #1555804 - 05/17/03 08:59 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

way back when (a couple of weeks or more) I had to eat 17g of dried matter in order to have a pleasant (very pleasant) evening. I have abnormaly high tollerance to most drugs, things like codine and opiate based drugs have little or no effect.

I just dont recomend watching the movie Signs while under the influence of that kind of thing....sure, aliens eating Mel Gibson is a pleasant thought...but...

P#1

OfflinepsilocyberV
old hand

#1555961 - 05/17/03 11:57 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I have to agree with just about everyone else here. It's worth pointing out that our spores are sold for microscopic use only, however...

Seeing as how we have been in this business for over 3 years now, we have seen MANY different reports. I have talked to many people how have cultivated mushrooms, from MANY different spore sources, that appeared to be non-active, or just had very mild effects. This is not normal, mind you, but I think it has happened to anyone that has been around for a given time at least once. As stated above, you could probably grow from the same print or syringe, change substrates, or even just try a fresh batch and it will probably turn out great.

I just don't like your implication that we somehow had something to do with, that we somehow made our spores produce mushrooms that aren't active. That's just ludicris.

Offlineresin
Ghetto Monster
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ca$hville
    #1555992 - 05/17/03 12:27 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Gave my buddy 2 g's and my bro 4 g's. Buddy tripped bro felt nothing. I dont know why they dident work but sporeworks works for me!

Offlinemycophat
Re: Some thing for sporeworks to ponder over [Re: resin]
    #1556603 - 05/17/03 07:42 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I have read several posts both here and elswhere that somtimes the first flush shroom have little or no potency. So if any of the ones you took (as I guess is the fact)were of the first flush you might not have felt anything. Next time seperate your first flush from any other flushes and take seperately. If you dont get anything from second or third flush shrooms then change substrate. But as long as the spores were viable meaning you achieved colonization then Sporeworks is not to blame as long as they turn blue,if on the other hand they dont turn blue then perhaps I would say they might have shipped you a non-psycho active strain possibly an edible or medicinal shroom by accident but I honestly dont think this is the case this time.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Microscope

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Shroomery Sponsors Forum