Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinerecalcitrant
My Own God

Loc: Canada West
colour of spore prints on caps
    #1549728 - 05/14/03 11:46 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

The caps are brown and the spore prints are supposed to be dark purple. so is there a colour mix thing going on here to make this spore print that fell on a cap from a taller shroom odd coloured?

If its dark purple when it falls on somethign white, right? and that means there is more reason to think there are no contams right?

--------------------

We have to answer our own prayers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: colour of spore prints on caps [Re: recalcitrant]
    #1550255 - 05/15/03 04:59 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

It all depends upon how thick the spores are, but usually spores dropping onto lower caps appars almost black. UIse a sterile cotton swab and streak it across the suspect area. If it comes away purple, then you probably have spores.

I have found that the fruit seems to be a bit weaker if I wait until spores are dropping before I pick. I have not tested this, so it may be placebo effect. This is based on experience and now a simple parrot of what I have read from others.

Just because there are spores does not mean there are no contams.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: colour of spore prints on caps [Re: recalcitrant]
    #1550353 - 05/15/03 07:15 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Here is a picture of a new species of Psilocybe we discovered in Thailand in 2001.

See the purple spore deposit on this Psilocybe found in manure of Bubalus bubalis (water biffalo).

Here is a photo of some blue ringers (P. stunbtzii) in woodchips fromthe Freeway Park in 1977, There are no more shrooms there since the early 1980s when the ivy hung over the freeway and ate all the nutrients inthe woodchips and soil up. so no need to go there to look.

See the purple color here.

I should like to mention that not all of them turn purple. They can ranger from Chocolate brown to purple brown so they could also be a dark chocolate color as well as a dark purple or so.

and here we have some Cambodians from Angkor Wat which have spore deposits on them. These are from the Chief.

On the Cambos you can see a more chocolate dark color.

Here is a print of the Phuket Giant from on the Andaman Sea side of Thailand facing India.

and a link to gill image of the cap of a large cubie.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Forum3&Number=1548397&page=1&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

mj

mjshroome.

Edited by mjshroomer (05/15/03 07:20 AM)

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: colour of spore prints on caps [Re: Seuss]
    #1550649 - 05/15/03 10:24 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Two more caps with chocolate brown spore deposits on them instead of a puirple to purple-brown

and

mjshroomer

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale