Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]
OfflineHeadTripVertigo
at least I'm housebroken
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Final Fantasy 7 for PC (NEW graphics overhaul!) [Re: spyrosebastos]
    #13525343 - 11/22/10 04:39 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

make sure you have the original version, not the ultima edition

--------------------
TACOS LIKE A MOTHERFUCKER

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFlash0429
Stranger
Re: Final Fantasy 7 for PC (NEW graphics overhaul!) [Re: spyrosebastos]
    #15490284 - 12/09/11 10:15 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

spyrosebastos said:
hey, this is my first post on this forum, and this specific thread (links to youtube), was one of the more informative ones I've seen... granted i haven't been looking too hard.

My question/issue is this.  The FF7 PC ISO images (4x) that came with the torrent i downloaded includes 3 playing iso files and one installation iso file.

The installation of the game is smooth.  MIDI works fine.  But whatever ISO-disc-file: (disc 1- installation, disc II- play disc 1, disc III- play disc 2, disc IV- play disc 3), I mount using UltraISO or PowerISO it just continues with the error Newbie noted in one of his first posts: "error: insert disc/cd 1,2 or 3 and try again".

I've tried everything I can think of except that files within the torrent were flawed... which other people would have complained about in the comment(s) section.  So obviously I'm doing something wrong.

Which disc should be mounted? I presume the first PLAY disc (cd #2) not the installation disc.

I must suck at cracking games... I need to get the game playing b4 attempting any of the mods.

And yes, i bought a PSP just for crisis core... definitely felt rushed, horrible storyline.

any tips would be of great help.  Anything I can communicate to clarify, let me know.  thank you.

in order to get this to work you have to change tghe drive letter to the one that the isos are in to do this got to start run and type in regedit now press ctrl + f in the search field type in datadrive all one word no space and click find when it does find it double click on datadrive and change the drive letter to the one you need and click ok the double click on moviepath and again change the drive letter to the one you need and Voila everything should work plz let me know if this helps you at all

OfflineBigfellaTM
No stranger to danger

Loc: Australia Flag
Re: Final Fantasy 7 for PC (NEW graphics overhaul!) [Re: Flash0429]
    #15493801 - 12/10/11 12:16 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I want to say prefer the original graphics, but this looks beautiful

--------------------
:fearandloathing:FINISH THE FUCKING STORY :fearandloathing:

Drug & Alcohol free since 5th July 2014
Lasted roughly 3-4 hours.

Offlineparadise
ANT
Male User Gallery

Loc: CANADA...east coast Flag
Re: Final Fantasy 7 for PC (NEW graphics overhaul!) [Re: BigfellaTM]
    #15498910 - 12/11/11 08:18 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Holy shit they put in hands! Lmao

--------------------

Offlineblujay
pass it b*ch!
Male User Gallery

Re: Final Fantasy 7 for PC (NEW graphics overhaul!) [Re: HeadTripVertigo]
    #15499931 - 12/11/11 01:34 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I kept looking at the screen-shots thinking there was going to be a before/after, and then I remembered how terrible the first 3-D FF games looked in the first place. FF1-2 forever.

--------------------

wat man rly

Offlineparadise
ANT
Male User Gallery

Loc: CANADA...east coast Flag
Re: Final Fantasy 7 for PC (NEW graphics overhaul!) [Re: blujay]
    #15500538 - 12/11/11 04:02 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Ff1 is so epic although it seems so far behind...  i remember when i was 6 and beat chaos... I felt so accomplished haha

--------------------

OfflineQuantumTodd
Stranger
Re: Final Fantasy 7 for PC (NEW graphics overhaul!) [Re: Newbie]
    #16212437 - 05/10/12 09:58 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Hey guys, sorry to bump an old thread, but this one always comes up in my google searches and I'm getting increasingly frustrated trying to find an answer to my question.

I'm a long-time FF7 fan and I finally got FF7 for PC after hearing about and seeing the various mods for it. After many hours of screwing around with everything, crash after crash after crash, reading multiple threads on various sites and looking at YouTube instruction videos, I've finally learned exactly how to get all the mods I want working.

My (hopefully) last and final problem is this: Getting FF7 to run with both the Avalanche Graphical Overhaul mod to run alongside the Phoenix Restoration Project. I can run it with either one just fine, depending on what I use to start the game. But, I can't get both simultaneously, I have to choose one or the other, which is a shame after coming this far, and I just can't find anything specifically about getting the two to run together.

I'm itching to play the game with both running together as it makes everything look awesome, whether its the NPCs or your character running around or the menus or battle graphics... To have to pick one half or the other is just impossible.

Another reason I'm posting this here is because I noticed there was a video posted at the start of the thread that entailed how to install both of them together, but it no longer exists. Damn!

Can anybody help me out here, or at least point me in the best place to ask this? Anything would be appreciated.

OfflineNewbieS
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Loc: SoCal Flag
Re: Final Fantasy 7 for PC (NEW graphics overhaul!) [Re: QuantumTodd]
    #16212655 - 05/10/12 10:35 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Welcome to the boards, and thanks for registering!  Have you tried googling your particular issue to see if others are having the same problem?  You probably have, given the maturity you've displayed describing your endeavor to get this working, but I had to ask.  It's been quite a while since I've played this because I got SOOO far then had my save game mysteriously vanish on me with no chance of recovery, and I said fuck it and gave up..

I do remember needing to install the mods in a certain order to make it work right.  Start with the foundation mods, then slowly add others and test to see if they work.  For some reason I remember it being crucial to install certain mods in a certain order to get it to work right. 

Start with the broadest mod first, then slowly incorporate other mods into it until it's stable.

That's the best advice I can give.

Good luck, and thanks again for registering and giving this game another go.  When you finally get it working, don't hesitate to save to an external device (flash drive, etc) because when you're on disc 3 and your game crashes, it just flat out fucking sucks...  :crankey:

OfflineQuantumTodd
Stranger
Re: Final Fantasy 7 for PC (NEW graphics overhaul!) [Re: Newbie]
    #16212867 - 05/10/12 11:13 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Wow, I wasn't expecting a reply so fast, lol. Thanks for the welcome :-D

Yeah, ive done quite a few searches looking for other threads or videos about using the two mods in conjunction, but all I've managed to find is screenshots/videos of people successfully using the two together without instructions. So uh... I know it's possible, at least? Haha.

I read in one place to install PRP and THEN Avalanche Overhaul, and in another place to install Avalanche and THEN PRP. I've also heard something about needing a file from an older version of aalis custom driver to make sure the registry is all good, but I'll be damned if every download link I find for an old version isn't broken or for a version too new to contain the specific file. I don't think it's a crucial thing anyway, as aali custom IS working... It was more of a "you need this file for your registry if Avalanche won't install because of Aali being misconfigured or incorrectly installed".

Anyway... I think the one combination of installs I haven't tried is to install patch 1.02, followed by Aali, followed by Avalanche, followed by Phoenix, followed by FF7 Music and then whatever else...

*deep breath* phew. Anyway, im off to screw around some more. When I find out exactly what process works for me (and I bloody well will), I'll post it and hopefully save someone else from going through the same trouble, heh.

Thanks for the heaps-up about saving, too, hah... It sucks an enormous amount of monkey nuts to completely lose end-game save files :undecided:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Ythan, Anno, Thor, Link, Seuss, Shroomism, CookieCrumbs
28,628 topic views. 1 members, 0 guests and 6 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2024 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.024 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 15 queries.