Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflinePsilocybinMike
T.F.Y.Q.A
Male User Gallery

Re: Did you graduate D.A.R.E? [Re: kirilan]
    #15498595 - 12/11/11 04:18 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

kirilan said:
we don't have DARE in Canada

BECAUSE YOU TOUCH YOURSELF AT NIGHT

--------------------

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVZBTAYm3rw

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinechunkmo
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: QLD Flag
Re: Did you graduate D.A.R.E? [Re: PsilocybinMike]
    #15498609 - 12/11/11 04:28 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I graduated. I wasnt too fussed about drugs before that day, but they made such a big deal out of it that it piqued my curiosity. Afterwards, I remember thinking to myself "Wow those sound really bad. I should read more about them".

Then I found Erowid haha.

--------------------
how the hell does this all fit inside one little mushroom?

OfflinePsilocybinMike
T.F.Y.Q.A
Male User Gallery

Re: Did you graduate D.A.R.E? [Re: chunkmo]
    #15498617 - 12/11/11 04:35 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

chunkmo said:
I graduated. I wasnt too fussed about drugs before that day, but they made such a big deal out of it that it piqued my curiosity. Afterwards, I remember thinking to myself "Wow those sound really bad. I should read more about them".

Then I found Erowid haha.

I didn't find erowid til 10th or 11th grade when I started shrooming. That's really when it all began. I remember sitting in classes and reading erowid trip reports, knowing the dudes who ran the school system/network could see any site ppl went on and on occasion hunted down and busted kids, but strangely it never happened to me.

Maybe these guys saw some of the shit I was reading in these trip reports and were like HOLY SHIT!! I know that was my reaction when I first started reading about LSD, k=holes, and lots of reports where people combined obscene combinations of drugs that at the time seemed unreal to me. Now I've got experiences like that of my own.

--------------------

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: Did you graduate D.A.R.E? [Re: kirilan]
    #15498637 - 12/11/11 05:00 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

kirilan said:
we don't have DARE in Canada

that's because they ant you on drugs

D.A.R.E. didnt even exist when I was in school

Offlines0ulfire
Male

Loc: USA Flag
Re: Did you graduate D.A.R.E? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #15500432 - 12/11/11 03:34 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

lmao... i passed dare in the 4th grade

--------------------

"You can't see California without Marlon Brando's eyes" - Corey Taylor

Invisiblefuel on the fire
fuckthefiredepartment

Re: Did you graduate D.A.R.E? [Re: s0ulfire]
    #15500447 - 12/11/11 03:36 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I remember wishing marijuana didn't exist because it destroyed brain cells and ruined lives, because it sounded like a lot of fun and I wanted to try it but not become brain dead. lawl.

--------------------

InvisibleAquaKet
RC Connoisseur

Re: Did you graduate D.A.R.E? [Re: s0ulfire]
    #15500480 - 12/11/11 03:45 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

i vividly remember in third grade a conversation i had with a DARE officer.

me: why do people use drugs to begin with?

him: there are lots of reasons. a lot of people use them due to peer pressure and wanting to fit in.

me: but what's so good about doing drugs?

him: nothing. they're very dangerous and harmful.

me: then why did anyone start using them to begin with?

him: probably out of curiosity and thinking it might be fun, but it's not.

me: then why would anybody keep using drugs?

him: a lot of times because they get addicted or their friends use drugs.

me: i don't get it though. there has to be something good about them for people to keep using them. do they make you feel good? do they make you happy?

him: no, but they might trick people into thinking it's making them happy.

me: so there's no good effects from drugs at all?

him: no.

i knew there was something fishy going on right then and there. as a third grader. that's what got me curious about drugs. thanks, DARE.

--------------------
relax

...but that was many years from now and, i hope from here on out
i always seem to want to shout your eyes are like a cup of tea, ascend into the sun with me...

InvisibleSalomon
ಠ︵ಠ balance ಠ_ಠ weaver ಠ‿ಠ
Male
Loc: America, FUCK YEAH Flag
Re: Did you graduate D.A.R.E? [Re: AquaKet]
    #15500657 - 12/11/11 04:34 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Drugs
Are
Really
Exceptional

--------------------
EVERYTHING EVENTUALLY BECOMES A DESERT

OfflinePsilocybinMike
T.F.Y.Q.A
Male User Gallery

Re: Did you graduate D.A.R.E? [Re: Salomon]
    #15500720 - 12/11/11 04:46 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Salomon said:
Drugs
Are
Really
Exceptional

Haha, "in my day" it was

Drugs
Are
Really
Excellent

--------------------

OfflineTesseract11
OriginalJew
Male

#15500757 - 12/11/11 04:57 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

:lol: yeah i did this in like 5th or 6th grade.

--------------------
http://i.imgur.com/kv7JN.gif

InvisibleCrossingTheStar
Unoriginal Philosopher
Male

Loc: U.S. of A. Flag
Re: Did you graduate D.A.R.E? [Re: Admiral Ackbar]
    #15500762 - 12/11/11 04:59 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Admiral Ackbar said:
I got interested in drugs during DARE. It was from when I asked the cop why people do drugs when drugs make people sick, home-less, friendless, poor, and dead. He said it was cause they were "stupid". It did not make sense to me because the drinkers and smokers could kick my ass, and had friends. Well, it started a lifelong interest that eventually got me into grad school.

Quote:

PreparationH said:
My cop said "These substances are drugs and people are abusing them.  "Abuse" is when you do something with a substance in a way that it is not meant to be used, for intsance, if I ate this piece of chalk, I would say I am abusing chalk."

LOL

Abusing Chalk, in middle school, after DARE, 2 kids got expelled for snorting smarties (the candies).

Lol, a while back my friend said his stepbrother snorted either smarties or pixie sticks (probably the smarties) at a roller skating rink.

I don't get why people snort candy. :failboat:

--------------------
:durrhurr: Smoke enough weed and you'll never grow up, mentally. Peter Pan strain. :durrhurr:

OfflineFunguspants
Stranger

#15500795 - 12/11/11 05:06 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I don't remember anything about formally graduating a dare program... but all the schools i've been to had a dare program like merged in with their health / pe section.  I actually don't remember going through any strict DARE program.

We did learn about dare and the principles of it and ect, but it was all part of the drug section of health.

And... I remember being in 3rd or 4th grade... the first year they tell us about everything.  I was intriqued and knew I would be a drug user.  At least lsd and mushrooms.  I always knew I would probably be into weed, but I never understood the hype about it untill I started smoking.  But ever since a young lad mushrooms and acid were on my to-do list.

Lol, I remember planning epic long like week "trip vacations" that I would do once I had my own place... basically isolate my self in my house and trip on acid and shrooms for a week and just listen to music and think and shit.

Theres a funny quote... "DARE is the only gateway drug."

--------------------
:macdre::scumbagsteve::chillin::scumbagsteve::chillin::scumbagsteve::macdre:

AWWWWWWWWWL DAY SUCKA WAT

"I... I don't want to die"

"BITCH SOMETIMES WE GOTTA DO THANGS DAT WE AINT WANNA DO"

OfflineLadySativa
Pleasure Seeker
Female User Gallery

Loc: Flying High
    #15500816 - 12/11/11 05:10 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Ha, I love when I see tons of these shirts at thrift shops, I also remember a while back some shroomery member was trying to buy up any that we could find. Anyway I did the D.A.R.E. program and graduated in 5th grade, still have my diploma. The whole time I am thinking thank goodness they didn't come to my house and find my Dad's stash. haaa

--------------------

"I believe in a long, prolonged, derangement of the senses in order to obtain the unknown." -Jim Morrison

InvisibletrANce
Male

Loc: Florida
Re: Did you graduate D.A.R.E? [Re: LadySativa]
    #15500929 - 12/11/11 05:36 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

i did not graduate, but from what i remember i was very interested in drugs after DARE

--------------------

InvisibleSalomon
ಠ︵ಠ balance ಠ_ಠ weaver ಠ‿ಠ
Male
Loc: America, FUCK YEAH Flag
Re: Did you graduate D.A.R.E? [Re: trANce]
    #15501045 - 12/11/11 06:00 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

it's funny how the govvvnmen't goes out of thier way to improperly inform children about drugs and causes the next generation of users.

i guess it makes sense, because then they have more people to bust aqnd to fund thier drug war.

--------------------
EVERYTHING EVENTUALLY BECOMES A DESERT

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
    #15501075 - 12/11/11 06:05 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

PsilocybinMike said:
Quote:

Salomon said:
Drugs
Are
Really
Exceptional

Haha, "in my day" it was

Drugs
Are
Really
Expensive

fixed

OfflinePsilocybinMike
T.F.Y.Q.A
Male User Gallery

Re: Did you graduate D.A.R.E? [Re: fuel on the fire]
    #15501883 - 12/11/11 08:52 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

fuel on the fire said:
I remember wishing marijuana didn't exist because it destroyed brain cells and ruined lives, because it sounded like a lot of fun and I wanted to try it but not become brain dead. lawl.

The only thing that really SEEMED to be true as far as the drug stereotypes they'd push on us that everyone smoke smokes weed or does drugs becomes/is stupid because it kills your brain cells. I know today that was a straight up lie, but I had a lot of evidence in front of me to support that theory.

The reality for me at that time in my life was that almost everyone I knew at that age who was drinking, smoking weed, and by maybe 7th grade, definitely 8th grade trying hard drugs like X, shrooms, vicodin, percs, kpins, DXM (CCC's used to be HUGE where I grew up), coke, WERE  the kids "dumb", on paper anyway. I knew a lot of them personally and chilled with them, many of whom I had grown up with since 2nd grade when I moved to that town, and if you talked to them they weren't idiots.

These kids just had shitty grades and hated school, they'd have to repeat grades, these were the kids who had that "I don't give a fuck" attitude and just came to school to chill and get in fights and sell weed/drugs and do them. They'd fail from skipping tons of school or missing mad days from suspensions.  These were the "bad" kids who already had reputations as trouble makers, the types of kids who the parents of the more sheltered kids would be advised to stay away from. Some of them had been arrested one or more times by JR. High, the kids who always had to act "gangsta" and start fights with kids, often for no reason, rob people, just goin up to kids on the street sayin "run your pockets", or rippin off kids mostly for weed, just the people you knew by 13-14 were definitely not graduating HS and were likely to be in jail or juvie, some of them had already been to juvie.

I remember around 5th/6th grade 1 of the only friends I had who had already tried weed/smoked it relatively often, replied to some kid who said "I heard smoking marijuana kills brain cells" with "Yea, but only the bad ones." I thought that was pretty cool at the time, and laughed. Imagine if that was true though, marijuana went in killed brain cells of negative and traumatic/depressive memories or something like that. It's feasible actually, because of how it can be used to treat PTSD. This kid was 1 of my best friends at the time, and although he never really gave a fuck about school, he was never a complete idiot, he just didn't give a fuck about school.

Short version, for people too lazy to read! >=]

When I was young (12-13) and tried DXM at 12 and weed at 13, the only other friends I had doing drugs by that age were all the "fuck ups" or "bad kids" who didn't give a fuck about school, had run ins with the cops already, some even on probation, and I surprised a lot of people when I started joining my friends every day after school to blaze because I was on the honor roll and had since we grew up together had always been considered a smart kid, which "wasn't cool". I guess what made me the exception was the fact that I loved to clown around and be disruptive in class, even if I was getting A's and B's in it, and developed a rep as a class clown type, when we had to do projects on what do you want to be when you grow up I chose comedian, because I used to have entire rooms of people dying, I've made kids fall out of their chairs, and this was before drugs! So when a lot of my friends were already smoking every day by 12, due to how funny I was and how I'd always have people even teachers cracking up on a daily basis, they were like dude YOU GOTTA smoke I bet you'd be HILARIOUS when you were high, so that's what got me to start blazin at 13 in JR High, and I never looked back.

As far as drugs though, aside from DXM, or adderal, I waited til 15-16 when I started shroomin, doin xtc, and percs, because every single person I knew already doing those drugs back when I started blazin were all fuck ups who had pretty much given up on school and did the bare minimum, and truly seemed slower/dumber which I attributed to the drugs, but in reality I grew up with these kids and most of them were dumb well before they even tried weed or alcohol.

It wasn't til I met a few people who were much smarter than me who did way more drugs than I did with insane workloads for school, taking college classes by their sophomore/jr years of HS from other towns who really opened my eyes and amazingly after tons of mushrooms, ecstasy, opiates, pounds of weed, benzos, and a little later on hundreds of tabs of LSD, I only continued to get smarter, and expand my mind.

Moral of the story: Drugs don't make you an idiot, it just turns out that a lot of people (especially at the age I began experimenting with drugs) who were already idiots and or knuckleheads/wankstas out there on the path to being career criminals are the ones to try drugs the earliest, leaving you with the impression that the propaganda is right and "dope really is for dopes".

--------------------

Offlinetrishraymond
Stranger
Female
Loc: PNW
    #15501891 - 12/11/11 08:54 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I not only graduated D.A.R.E I earned all the stickers and won a limo ride to pizza

--------------------

Everything I post is a lie

OfflinePsilocybinMike
T.F.Y.Q.A
Male User Gallery

Re: Did you graduate D.A.R.E? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #15502051 - 12/11/11 09:25 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

PsilocybinMike said:
Quote:

Salomon said:
Drugs
Are
Really
Exceptional

Haha, "in my day" it was

Drugs
Are
Really
Expensive

fixed

Lol, nice one. Not always true though. Awesome drugs like LSD, MDMA, nitrous, ketamine, 2C-E, 2C-I, mxe, and more are actually relatively cheap though. LSD in particular is extremely inexpensive, if you got a solid hook up from a legit head $10-20 of LSD can have you tripping face for 16 hours. Weed, even shrooms you can grow yourself too.

OPIATES, which in 2011 are CLEARLY the drug of choice of this generation, are totally fucking expensive, unless you're willing to do stepped on street heroin, cut with whatever the dealer or most likely several dealers passing it down the line choose to cut it with, and be forced to bare the stigma of being a "lowlife junkie heroin addict", ironically by people who love to use and abuse percs and vikes, when in no pain at all, purely recreationally, because to them percs and vikes are just pain killers.

Most of these Joe Shitheads haven't the slightest clue what an opiate is and that oxycodone(percs), OxyContin, Hydrocodone(vicodin), Codeine, Morphine, Dilaudid, Opana AND Heroin all originated from a poppy plant as opium. I'm not some huge Heroin advocate or something, don't get me wrong, but it amazes me how ill-informed people are and the stigma of Heroin, the very word itself carries such a powerful shame and is and so socially unacceptable, yet people my dads age love to eat percs any old time and will trade, sell, and share amongst their buddies, without the slightest clue that oxycodone is often reffered to as synthetic heroin. Drunk driving is more socially acceptable than heroin, rofl.

Where I live, in all my "circles", opiates are the only drugs that are ALWAYS available, on any given day at practically any time of day I bet I could find some opiates from one person or another. Christmas, Thanksgiving, any day of the week, any day of the year. LSD (been a few months), and shrooms, MDMA, K, 2C-E are all drugs that I haven't had in over a year, not by choice.

RC's I could easily get online but ordering shit (regardless of legal status) to my current residence is heated due to incidents with wippet orders, back when I used to order those by the case. I can get nitrous any time, I used to get it considerably cheaper online, but I could still get it at at multiple head shops around here that sell them (cheapest is $15/box), I just can't really do nitrous now because of an incident with a poorly timed delivery and being caught doing them in my room one Saturday when I had nowhere to go, and NONE of my friends share my love for nitrous whatsoever, so even if I went and got some, unless I fucking bought a hotel room or parked in my car and did wippets I got nowhere to do them.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals