Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinevortex93
Always Trippin

Shooting up some H202 in stalled jar?
    #15490152 - 12/09/11 09:38 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

So my jar that stalled is growing, slowly but surely and from only one side, which i dont no why, I guess one side is stronger then the other. Anyways its a small section of my jar thats contamed prob about 10% (no visible contam tho). Can i possibly mix up some water + h202 (prob like 1/2ml) and shoot some of that on the uncolonized substrate and shake it around a bit? The h202, will turn into water and air within 24 hours prob anyways so i cant imagine it hurting. has anyone ever tried this?

--------------------
Vortex's Epsom Salt Drying Tek

Every post and picture I post is fake, I get the pictures from the internet and post things to make myself sound cool, because I one day dream to be as cool as everyone here.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleInocuole
Scalpel of Evil's Bane
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ★
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Shooting up some H202 in stalled jar? [Re: vortex93]
    #15490212 - 12/09/11 09:55 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I've only really seen or heard of H2O2 fixing cobweb mold.  But... I mean.. you could if you want.

--------------------
                            :rainbowdrink: Tea doesn't work?                            AMU  (Q & A)                  Grain prep for Intergalactic Space Oats :pes:     

Coir-ca-cola
Jokes are funny until they're about you

Offlineiron
I fart loud.
Male

Re: Shooting up some H202 in stalled jar? [Re: Inocuole]
    #15490251 - 12/09/11 10:05 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Inocuole said:
I've only really seen or heard of H2O2 fixing cobweb mold.  But... I mean.. you could if you want.

He could if he wants.

But it's not going to help his situation out at all. If anything it's going to destroy whatever mycelium he had growing and not help him out. If the uncolonized area is indefinitely not colonizing, it is most likely a bacterial contamination (Which you can't see usually but smell).

I would wait, if it doesn't colonize. TOSS IT

InvisibleVahunter
 User Gallery

Loc: Georgia
Re: Shooting up some H202 in stalled jar? [Re: iron]
    #15493111 - 12/09/11 09:41 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I did it not too long ago because my jars stalled, the myc started racing a few days after and saved 5 jars and lost 4 to bacterial contams.

Offlineroaddog
turnip
Male User Gallery

Loc: third rock from the sun Flag
    #15493121 - 12/09/11 09:44 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

vortex93 said:
So my jar that stalled is growing, slowly but surely and from only one side, which i dont no why, I guess one side is stronger then the other. Anyways its a small section of my jar thats contamed prob about 10% (no visible contam tho). Can i possibly mix up some water + h202 (prob like 1/2ml) and shoot some of that on the uncolonized substrate and shake it around a bit? The h202, will turn into water and air within 24 hours prob anyways so i cant imagine it hurting. has anyone ever tried this?

really the easy fast answer is no, that wont work. If a jar is contaminated, I have gotten away with cutting a corner off, If the cake is 100% colonized,and it is very small, but even that is tricky.

InvisibleTacoHerder
Bluedavenger
Male User Gallery

Re: Shooting up some H202 in stalled jar? [Re: roaddog]
    #15493150 - 12/09/11 09:52 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

just a few notes for ya:

Peroxide is toxic to fungi, all fungi. Personally, I no longer use peroxide in the humidifier, but I can assure you that isn't the problem. Peroxide in the humidifier only serves to help control molds within the humidifier itself. PEROXIDE

*Don't use peroxide in the mist water. Peroxide injures mycelium, so to use it for a preventative against contaminants might cause the very problem you're trying to avoid by stressing the mycelium, weakening it. PEROXIDE

*Peroxide does stress mycelium a great deal. We all know that. That doesn't mean it can't survive limited exposure, but it causes damage at the cellular level and that's a fact. PEROXIDE

*Don't use peroxide on your cakes for anything but cobweb control. Peroxide is highly toxic to mushroom mycelium and shocks it, allowing the faster growing trichoderma to take over. PEROXIDE

--------------------
TO ALL CULTIVATORS, EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/10899385
We need more member like mycochef, he is truly a kind giving person. Just ask Noobie, mycochef hooked him up big time!
Fastest Cultivation WINNER!!!! NoOneKnowsHowToAct won it twice, must be doing something right:super:

Shoot me a pm if you would like a powerful custom laser built. :smile: 4th pic is a 1.3W 445nm laser burning thru some plastic makeup containers. Yes I was wearing proper safety goggles, otherwise I would be blind right now.

OfflineKizzle
Misanthrope
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Shooting up some H202 in stalled jar? [Re: TacoHerder]
    #15494080 - 12/10/11 02:08 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I wouldn't do it. If H202 was an effective way at killing bacteria and mold like that we wouldn't need to sterilize in the first place. In addition you'd screw up the water content and probably stall any mycelium growth even longer. Give them some time, watch for the appearance of mold or any kind of smell. Make sure they have gas exchange, if you have tape over the air holes take it off.

--------------------

OfflineOthyem
Male

Re: Shooting up some H202 in stalled jar? [Re: Kizzle]
    #15494088 - 12/10/11 02:12 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Waste of your time and peroxide, do it if you feel like it I guess.

InvisibleInocuole
Scalpel of Evil's Bane
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ★
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Shooting up some H202 in stalled jar? [Re: Othyem]
    #15494188 - 12/10/11 03:24 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Othyem said:
Waste of your time and peroxide, do it if you feel like it I guess.

Yeah that's pretty much what I was tellin him, haha.

It's not a good idea nor will it work.

But if it makes you feel better, go on and do it.  Lesson learning can be fun!

--------------------
                            :rainbowdrink: Tea doesn't work?                            AMU  (Q & A)                  Grain prep for Intergalactic Space Oats :pes:     

Coir-ca-cola
Jokes are funny until they're about you

Offlinevortex93
Always Trippin

Re: Shooting up some H202 in stalled jar? [Re: Inocuole]
    #15494542 - 12/10/11 08:14 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I'll follow your advice, it is growing slowly so i dont want to hurt the myc, since it looks like it may win. Just wondering if i cut off the part thats contam, should i dunk that cake separately and fruit separately as well? And will the shrooms be safe to eat if it fruits?

--------------------
Vortex's Epsom Salt Drying Tek

Every post and picture I post is fake, I get the pictures from the internet and post things to make myself sound cool, because I one day dream to be as cool as everyone here.

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #15494681 - 12/10/11 09:22 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

If a jar stalls for no 'apparent' reason, it's contaminated.  Peroxide is toxic to mushroom mycelium, so that's a bad idea.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

InvisibleTacoHerder
Bluedavenger
Male User Gallery

Re: Shooting up some H202 in stalled jar? [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #15495196 - 12/10/11 11:53 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

You can't really cut the contam area out. That's just going to ensure the spread of mold spores all over your house. Which will make it almost impossible to get a future successful grow.

--------------------
TO ALL CULTIVATORS, EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/10899385
We need more member like mycochef, he is truly a kind giving person. Just ask Noobie, mycochef hooked him up big time!
Fastest Cultivation WINNER!!!! NoOneKnowsHowToAct won it twice, must be doing something right:super:

Shoot me a pm if you would like a powerful custom laser built. :smile: 4th pic is a 1.3W 445nm laser burning thru some plastic makeup containers. Yes I was wearing proper safety goggles, otherwise I would be blind right now.

Offlineroaddog
turnip
Male User Gallery

#15495363 - 12/10/11 12:37 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

You can't really cut the contam area out. That's just going to ensure the spread of mold spores all over your house. Which will make it almost impossible to get a future successful grow.

I agree its probably not the best to tell noobs, to cut chunks out. But here is a picture of a SGFC/ monotub style grow that I have going on right know. I just took this picture. this tub, has been spawned to coir and castings. It colonized for 5 days, then I cased it, gave it an additional 4 days after casing, then initiated it to fruiting. About 1 day after fruiting, I saw a speck of green mold. I immediately, took spoon and dug out the entire spot, an inch in all direction, getting back into the good myk. Now. I did this 3 days ago, and I have no signs of contams.I have been misting this tote, but not on the spot, that had the contam. Furthermore, the hole has filled back in with nice fluffy myk. Now TocoHearder, I value your opinion, and I have gotten the best advice ever from you. And with all dew respect, I disagree with mold spores blowing all over your house. I use a derty old trailer, that is to disgusting to live in, as my grow building. I grow my pot side by side. I use old contaminated substrates, as a grow medium for my pot, and I dont use any filters any where.
There is mold spores everywhere. I find that perfect growing conditions is far more important than some mold spores floating around in the air.Sop here I have provided 2 pictures to illustrate my point. First this picture is my SGFC/monotub with the contam, cut out. I hope you can see the hole, from where I cut. The next picture is my mushroom crops, growing beneficially with my pot.Also Ill add a picture of rhizomorphs growing in a marijuana clone. Also no disrespect TacoHearder.http:// http://

InvisibleTacoHerder
Bluedavenger
Male User Gallery

#15496519 - 12/10/11 05:05 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I hate to tell you but you are wrong as far as seeing no more contam goes. What you cut out was only the spores from the contam. The actual mold is white, the spores are green.The majority of the contam is down in your sub where you wont ever see it unless you cut your whole substrate apart. As far as still being able to fruit where the bud is with no filters. Ya, if you pasteurize correctly and have good clean spawn you shouldnt need to worry about contams. Go ahead and put all your colonizing jars, and bulk subs that are colonizing in that room and see how much your contam rate rises.

Some nice looking PE btw, you use a isolate or clone? also a lot of plant growers like to put there contam sub and spent blocks into the dirt or their pot plants. Theres always another use for the mycl.

--------------------

Edited by TacoHerder (12/10/11 05:19 PM)

Offlineroaddog
turnip
Male User Gallery

#15497332 - 12/10/11 08:20 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I hate to tell you but you are wrong as far as seeing no more contam goes. What you cut out was only the spores from the contam. The actual mold is white, the spores are green.The majority of the contam is down in your sub where you wont ever see it unless you cut your whole substrate apart. As far as still being able to fruit where the bud is with no filters. Ya, if you pasteurize correctly and have good clean spawn you shouldn't need to worry about contams. Go ahead and put all your colonizing jars, and bulk subs that are colonizing in that room and see how much your contam rate rises.

Some nice looking PE btw, you use a isolate or clone? also a lot of plant growers like to put there contam sub and spent blocks into the dirt or their pot plants. Theres always another use for the mycl.

Ya, that bulk may easily go south, but I doubt it. I mean the reason for the contam to begin with, was I didnt put enough holes in the tote, during colonization. But barley, I didnt see the contam, until 4 days after the casing layer was applied. I know the sub was in excellent condition, before placing the casing layer on I find mold has a hard time killing myke, and taking it over, without stagnant air conditions. I find if myke is very health, like this bulk was, it is very resilient, to contams, even if that contam is growing on the casing layer. So all i really did was remove a tiny spot of mold, that was growing on the casing layer, that I really didnt have a chance to kill the underlying mike.Now again as I mentioned, It may  very well go south. I give the odds about 75% to 25%. But point is, that tote contains 10 jars of spawn and abot 3 gallons of coir, and worm castings, that thing is 5 inches thick, and I used the biggest tote wall mart has on the market. Thats alot of my time invested, and i plan to get some mushrooms off of it, green mold or not. I am going to fight. Now if everything else wasn't dead on perfect, trying to save this would be a waist of time. Anyway we will see what happens. Here is a picture of my jars and colonizing trays. I keep my jars, in my veg room, and my trays are kept in the fruiting room.I have been growing this way, for about 6 months. I might add, that the contaminated tote, was actually colonized in my bedroom, no where near, all my grow op. And thanks for the compliment on the PE, Your one of the kind folks on here who gave me the right advice, that got me here. Thank you. http://

InvisibleTacoHerder
Bluedavenger
Male User Gallery

#15497359 - 12/10/11 08:26 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

looks like you got everything down. The plants most likely help keep all the mold spores in check. nice setup.

--------------------

Offlinetotal
Post Office Tyvek Advocator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #15497403 - 12/10/11 08:39 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I personally wouldnt keep plants in my myco area...:shrug:
Specially not that many!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract