Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinesoylent_green
The greatEnitsuj
Female

Loc: Ontario
a way out
    #1549295 - 05/14/03 10:41 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

well, i think i had the best/worst trip last night.
started out, ate about a 1/2quarter of mush, and my friend was over.
my mom had been drinking, and decided to flip out on me, becuse i had a 'boy' over, and started saying how my last boyfriend messed up my life, and i shouldn't be sleeping around blah blah.
so my friend ended up leaving, i was so embarrased, and felt so bad.
by this time i was feeling the full effects.
my mom and i argured some more,
and i ended up just walking away, i just couldnt' deal with her.

so i went to my room, curled into a little ball, and started begging the mushrooms, god, the universe, any higher power there was to just kill me, i wanted to die. i've never felt worse.
then, it was i heard a voice inside my head, telling me to just let go, let go of everything...
and i started to kind of meditate, and i'm not sure how i did it, but i ended up hacving my first either oobe, or astral projection.
i just stood up, i wasn't in my body, i looked at myself laying there.

i dont' really know the difference between the 2, but i do feel like it was an oobe.
i felt i was given the chance to die.
i didn't have to go back if i didn't want too.
but i did, and i felt complete bliss when i came back, everything seemed new, and refreshed.
i'm going to try and do some more reading on this kinda stuff, i'm not too experenced with it,
but i do know that what ever happened to me, it was amazing, i feel i have learend so much about myself.

if anyone would like to share there experence with me,or has any advise, that would be great.

--------------------
What fun is it in Nirvana while other beings are suffering?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblebert
bodhi

Loc: state
Re: a way out [Re: soylent_green]
    #1549311 - 05/14/03 10:45 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I had a 'bad/excellent' trip the second time I tripped. I started spiraling into negative thoughts and guilt about how I never connected with my family. Anyways, it got to the point where I thought I was going to lose my mind, and then I just let go and felt a wave of love come over me. I really think everyone should have at least one 'bad trip' and go as far into as they can. It really feels like it cleanses the 'soul', or at least lets you deal with your demons. The sweet ain't as sweet without the sour.

--------------------
Persons denying the existence of robots may be robots themselves.

InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Loc: Arizona
    #1549399 - 05/14/03 11:15 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Advice?

Well, something I learned from The Shroomery before I even tripped for the first time is that setting is of key importance to the outcome of a mushroom trip.  I think this post proves this statement to be true.

Next time you trip, don't be around your drunk mother.  :smile:

Peace,

RebelSteve

--------------------
Namaste.

Offlinepseudopod
scattered,smothered,covered...

#1549411 - 05/14/03 11:23 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Although you were never in any real danger of dying, many people report on various "deaths" they have experienced during intense psychedelic experiences. Leary based his book, The Psychedelic Experience, on the Tibetan Book of the Dead.

The Tibetan Book of the Dead is ostensibly a book describing the experiences to be expected at the moment of death, during an intermediate phase lasting forty-nine (seven times seven) days, and during rebirth into another bodily frame. This however is merely the exoteric framework which the Tibetan Buddhists used to cloak their mystical teachings. The language and symbolism of death rituals of Bonism, the traditional pre-Buddhist Tibetan religion, were skillfully blended with Buddhist conceptions. The esoteric meaning, as it has been interpreted in this manual, is that it is death and rebirth that is described, not of the body.
- Dr. Timothy Leary, The Psychedelic Experience
full text here

I think what you experienced is a blessing, regardless of what you call it. I can relate to what you're talking about though. Mushrooms can tap into thoughts and emotions that you might not otherwise be aware of, and "rebirth" can be a very positive thing.

I'm sorry none of this is very down to earth or practical. I think it all boils down to how you choose to use it to make your life and the life of those around you better. I write this with the assumption that you are old enough to be responsible, and please keep in mind that these are just one person's pov. Take care, and be safe.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1549937 - 05/15/03 02:38 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

thanks for sharing - welcome back :smile: :smile:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Invisibletak_old
Endo Smoke

Loc: State of confusion
Re: a way out [Re: Strumpling]
    #1550014 - 05/15/03 03:01 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Always remember that experience. The lessons tought here are sooo important.

I ate alot of drugs once, more than i should have. I had an oobe, and felt like i was dying. I was given the option to live or die. I chose to live. The next months were long, and refreshing. I learned more from that experience than anything ever, It triggered a series of events that changed my life forever...kinda. In the past, I started to lose sight of what happend, and what the experience tought me. I try not to get caught up in ignorance. :] The doctors said I probably should have died. Other people say my dose wasnt large enough. I dont know, nor do i care. I am alive now, and the future is all that matters =]

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
    #1550143 - 05/15/03 04:14 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Ah... the sweet taste of ego death.

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

Offlinesoylent_green
The greatEnitsuj
Female

Loc: Ontario
Re: a way out [Re: Adamist]
    #1550572 - 05/15/03 11:41 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

thanks a lot for everyone's input.
in regards to tripping around my drunk mother...she usuly dosen't bother me, i can stay in my room for hours without being disturbed...

i dont' think i'd ever be able to forget that night, it was truly amazing.

--------------------
What fun is it in Nirvana while other beings are suffering?

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
    #1550586 - 05/15/03 11:51 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I had an OBE on shrooms once. unlike you though, I didn't feel like I was gonna die if I didn't get back. hell, I didn't even want to go back I was having so much fun. but somehow it always pulls you back... :frown:

Anonymous

#1550710 - 05/15/03 12:52 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

My heart breaks for you.

:frown:

OfflineMalachi
stereotype

Loc: Around Minneapolis.
    #1552001 - 05/15/03 07:10 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

It seems to me that OBE are the result of not just the drug, but the level of emotional volatility. I've had three disctictly out of body trips, and all of them where during or right after times of emotional turmoil. Of these three, one of them ended up with jail, one ended in the trashing of an apartment (not mine...), and the last one actually "worked", and I got to communicate with the entities that exist in the transcendent reality or interzone. needless to say, I felt a huge relief at finally getting to the source of the trip, and I'll never be the same. On the same token, however, I don't seem to be capable of tripping out of my body again... I've taken way higher doses since, but I'm just not at that critical period of development - what I like to think of as vision quest time- basically the peak of adolecent existential anxiety, where your reason demands satisfaction and reconciliation with a seemingly irreconcilable world. in other words, you have to be hella fucked up to trip hard. I think that being unhealthy helps too.

That's what makes it meaningful, you start the journey without purpose, quickly get sucked into a quest for something that you don't know you're seeking, which typically fucks up your life, (well, if you're stupid it does-- but I think that you need to be stupid first to get there) only to finally find the meaning and purpose of the mundane through the interzone, or the OBE. It's almost enought to make a movie out of.... oh, that's right, the matix is this story.

--------------------
The ultimate meaning of our being can only be fulfilled in the paradoxical leap beyond the tragic-demonic frustration. It is a leap from our side, but it is the self-surrendering presence of the Ground of Being from the other side.
- Paul Tillich

OfflineRhizoid
carbon unit
Male

Loc: Europe
    #1553674 - 05/16/03 11:31 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Soylent green, it sounds like you experienced transcendence (going beyond your human existance) and had your first taste of ego death. The only important thing to remember now is that you need to continue to take care of that human being you're in charge of (you), because it's so easy to forget about yourself when you've visited that magic place.

And do read stuff like "The Psychedelic Experience" like pseudopod said. Everything else you might need is within reach of your fingertips already, since you are here at the Shroomery... :wink: 

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
    #1553851 - 05/16/03 01:33 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Don't trip around your mother next time. I reccomend tripping alone actually.

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida
Re: a way out [Re: bert]
    #1553881 - 05/16/03 01:44 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I wrote a number of responses if you're interested. Click on Search, type in my name and 'astral projection' (all posts).

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Edited by MarkostheGnostic (05/16/03 01:44 PM)

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Re: a way out [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #1554809 - 05/16/03 08:12 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

'Freedom is losing all hope"

or something...

this just happened to me today... I feel like as the days and days progress I build up all this shit... like this structure of how I think life's supposed to be. Then boom, something happens that I can't stand.... I feel like exploding or something. My 'structure' topples over, but instead of feeling broken after I feel refreshed, ready to start over, and a little bit wiser.

maybe our brains work sorta like ants and anthills...

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology