Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepenguinw46
Stranger
Loc: bama
Old mushrooms and nausea
    #1548974 - 05/14/03 06:11 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I recently tripped off of about 2 grams picked out in a field. They were semi-dried when I found, so I guess they had been out in the sun for a few days. I wasn't sure how badly this would affect me so I downed the mushrooms with some peanut butter. The normal nause associated with the comeup was there...but it never left. After about 3 hours the pain was fairly intense and I was very uncomfortable. Eventually the pain was so bad I could barely move. This lasted for about an hour until I finally took a satisfying crap. I had a stomach ache for the next 2 days. Now I'm pretty sure I just didn't do enough research and ate some mushrooms that were a bit too old, but I'm curious; if I make some tea with what I have left over, will I still have these intense stomach cramps, or are they from a bacteria that will be destroyed when heating the mushrooms?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Old mushrooms and nausea [Re: penguinw46]
    #1550269 - 05/15/03 05:11 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Toss them... even if there is only a slight chance that the tea will make you sick, do you really want to risk it? A tea might kill a living bacteria, but it also might speed up its reproduction. I expect you will get sick again if you eat them, regardless of the method. It could also be toxins that contamination released rather than microbes themselved. A tea will do nothing for getting rid of these. It is just not worth the risk.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale