Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!
I recently tripped off of about 2 grams picked out in a field. They were semi-dried when I found, so I guess they had been out in the sun for a few days. I wasn't sure how badly this would affect me so I downed the mushrooms with some peanut butter. The normal nause associated with the comeup was there...but it never left. After about 3 hours the pain was fairly intense and I was very uncomfortable. Eventually the pain was so bad I could barely move. This lasted for about an hour until I finally took a satisfying crap. I had a stomach ache for the next 2 days. Now I'm pretty sure I just didn't do enough research and ate some mushrooms that were a bit too old, but I'm curious; if I make some tea with what I have left over, will I still have these intense stomach cramps, or are they from a bacteria that will be destroyed when heating the mushrooms?
Toss them... even if there is only a slight chance that the tea will make you sick, do you really want to risk it? A tea might kill a living bacteria, but it also might speed up its reproduction. I expect you will get sick again if you eat them, regardless of the method. It could also be toxins that contamination released rather than microbes themselved. A tea will do nothing for getting rid of these. It is just not worth the risk.
-------------------- Just another spore in the wind.